Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance fizzling?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 22, 2008
Hello, I would like to thank you on the pvp tips they helped a lot :D. Major Thanks, Lail, Frosteyes

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
I think all schools have issues with the Fizzles.
I know my Death, I was fizzling almost every time I cast my first actual damage spell.

Once I equip the Sidhe Staff, I gain 13% to percision, bringing my total to 98 for death attacks.

I honestly don't know if it's 13% less chance of fizzling than before, or only 2% chance of fizzling all together.

I play along side a 95 Storm(Wolf), who sits at 26% percision, and NEVER Fizzles...
So I'm guessing since he sits at 75 for his spell, plus the 26 he's over 100% to hit.
He was fizzling at 100% though...

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
I know where your coming from... Even though i'm a life wizard, I still fizzle once in a while. The further I get in to the worlds, the more my accuracy has been failing me, I fizzle 1-3 times a day, now. The worst part? It usually fizzles when I need it the very most... Big attacks, heals ect.

~ Vanessa

Survivor
Jul 13, 2013
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Sarg042 on Jan 28, 2014 wrote:
I think all schools have issues with the Fizzles.
I know my Death, I was fizzling almost every time I cast my first actual damage spell.

Once I equip the Sidhe Staff, I gain 13% to percision, bringing my total to 98 for death attacks.

I honestly don't know if it's 13% less chance of fizzling than before, or only 2% chance of fizzling all together.

I play along side a 95 Storm(Wolf), who sits at 26% percision, and NEVER Fizzles...
So I'm guessing since he sits at 75 for his spell, plus the 26 he's over 100% to hit.
He was fizzling at 100% though...
First off, storm is 70% base and I can gear mine up to 31% and it still fizzles on occasion. Especially in certain instances like Loremaster. Even wands and blades can sometimes fizzle and they are 100% spells.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
I'm a level 40 balance. I won't claim I've kept accurate stats, but it is obvious to me the supposed 85% success rate of my attack spells is actually much less. I always try to manage my deck so that when I am ready to cast an attack spell I have two of that card in my hand, because the first will probably fizzle.

I don't mess with accuracy spells, as to me that just uses a turn that would I could just as well use casting the attack spell a second time if the first fizzles, and requires expanding my deck to hold the accuracy spells so its harder to draw the more useful cards. Annoying as it is, remember two things about fizzles: one, the card is not discarded, it is mixed back in with your undrawn cards, and two, fizzled spells burn no pips.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
Thanks for the info Seethe.
The only time I've seen this guy fizzle is against Luska, with the -45 on him.
I'm just saying, his gear and pet combo, with the 13% from the Sidhe Staff bring him so high that his fizzle rate is basically non existant.

I've read hundresds of your posts, and I feel you're one of the biggest helps here. I know I've learned a tanne from reading you, and I thank you for that. Between you and Dr Von, I've pretty well found answers to just about anything I've wanted to know.

I'll talk to the guy tonight, and get his overall + to Percision, and let you knwo for sure what it is instead of just a good guess.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2012
Dr Von on Sep 28, 2013 wrote:
lol, balance fizzles more than any other school in the game after level 50.

my promethean sorceress used to fizzle consecutively, 3-4 times in a row. and then i got her a pet with sharp shot, which boosts her accuracy by 7 percent. i honestly don't know how i ever did anything without it. if you want to hatch, send me a message on central and we can arrange a time to meet in-game.

-v.
promethean and
What about storm?

Duncan level 82 Archmage

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
not if you're life.

my wizard rarely ever fizzles due to the 90% acuracy +2% from gear

i fizz 11 times in a row before! it so annoying!

Survivor
Feb 10, 2013
What's weird is that even though no piece of gear I am wearing gives me an up on accuracy, my dragon, meteor, and helephant spells haven't fizzled for about a month. But fire treasure cards I use fizzle two or three times in a row. Maybe your accuracy improves as you level up.

Dolan Frostthistle, Grandmaster

Survivor
Sep 22, 2013
Dr Von on Sep 28, 2013 wrote:
lol, balance fizzles more than any other school in the game after level 50.

my promethean sorceress used to fizzle consecutively, 3-4 times in a row. and then i got her a pet with sharp shot, which boosts her accuracy by 7 percent. i honestly don't know how i ever did anything without it. if you want to hatch, send me a message on central and we can arrange a time to meet in-game.

-v.
promethean and
Omg That sounds like a problem I think you should chose ,,,,,, If this happens more you should tell them and see if it's normal or if it's because of the levels

Survivor
May 19, 2011
I have noticed something recently ever since i got to celestia. The enchantment spells that give attack boost, they don't add the full amount to steal health spells so i'm here wondering if its normal or its a bug or something can someone help me please level 74. Say like when I use colossal instead of adding 275 it adds 183 plz help me with this. Would appreciate it a lot.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
brian shadowblade on Feb 19, 2014 wrote:
I have noticed something recently ever since i got to celestia. The enchantment spells that give attack boost, they don't add the full amount to steal health spells so i'm here wondering if its normal or its a bug or something can someone help me please level 74. Say like when I use colossal instead of adding 275 it adds 183 plz help me with this. Would appreciate it a lot.
It's been explained in other posts before. Since steal health also heal, 2/3 is added to the damage part and 1/3 added to the heal part that keeps the 50% back as health ratio intact.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
sethlegendperson on Sep 28, 2013 wrote:
I'm trying to collect items from monsters in Avalon and i spam sandstorm to kill them. My robe gives me four percent accuracy.
I just fizzled almost 8 TIMES IN A ROW. What the heck!
I finish off the fight with a thousand life when i should have only gone down by that much!
KI, PLS make these stats more realistic!
Blake Fireshade
Seth Legend
i:
I totally agree. I am and , my main one . My spells usually fizzle all the time!! Now, even though it's strange, I find yelling at the computer to 'not fizzle' and it works. Now just 10% of the time it fizzles! Is it just me or am I a goddess?
I may sound crazy, but I recommend yelling at your computer. Or just loud talking. It probably won't help, but if your on a major boss and it doesn't fizzle, continue!

Leesha SpiritHunter
&
Lvl: 22

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
my storm char fizzes more than you with +21% storm accuracy boost gear.On my storm i fizzle twice every battle.

Strom's accuracy is told to be 70%, but on my char its around 50%. My friend has 3% accuracy gear bonuses less than i do, he is storm and he NEVER fizzles.

Do Girls fizzle more than Boys like wt is the problem?

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
I can't speak for anyone else, but my Pro Balance Wizard rarely fizzles. When I can I use Infallible which boosts my accuracy to over 100 percent for 4 rounds. Now my Death, Storm and Myth Wizards are another story. They fizzle constantly. And always at the worst possible time. Like when you have enough blades and traps set to kill multiple enemies, you fizzle and then get a Weakness put on you. Lol!