Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

game minimizes refuses refuses to restore

AuthorMessage
Delver
Oct 27, 2009
I logged in to tend plants today. As soon as the game began to run and the start up music began playing, the game lept to the bottom of the screen to hide as a minimized file. I clicked to restore it, briefly saw the KI logo, then it fled to minimal again. I kept trying, seeing a flicker of the select wizard screen, but it always minimized too quickly to select anything. I shut the game down, restarted and logged in again, but the same thing happened. The whole time I had the game on, the music continued to play, even while minimized. I decided to try Pirate 101 instead, and the same thing happened.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Calamity Finch on Mar 14, 2013 wrote:
I logged in to tend plants today. As soon as the game began to run and the start up music began playing, the game lept to the bottom of the screen to hide as a minimized file. I clicked to restore it, briefly saw the KI logo, then it fled to minimal again. I kept trying, seeing a flicker of the select wizard screen, but it always minimized too quickly to select anything. I shut the game down, restarted and logged in again, but the same thing happened. The whole time I had the game on, the music continued to play, even while minimized. I decided to try Pirate 101 instead, and the same thing happened.
Maybe try going to task manager, processes, right click wiz101 and set priority to high and see if that may work.

Hope you get it fixed.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
are you using a pc or a mac?

i have windows 7, and this happens to me when my computer tries to update something while i'm playing~ usually anti-virus programs or the so-called windows "updates". if that's not the issue, you may want to contact ki support.

-von

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Send a report to support. I played this morning with no issues whatsoever.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
Thanks for the advice. I think you were both on the right track. I never ran into this issue before, but there was a printer related application also minimized when the problem occurred. When I closed that out, I was able to log in and successfully run Wizard and Pirate. I guess the programs were trying to both use something that couldn't be shared. All fixed now, and Thank you to K I for sending me a quick service ticket on the issue.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Glad you got it all fixed up.