Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dual School spells

AuthorMessage
Historian
Jun 17, 2014
What I'm talking about is spells that can be used by 2 schools, power pip included....
- frozen flame/frost fire
- Typhoon,
- Chaos, Purgatory
Be cool school names

Have the school emblem the 2 used schools cut and put together

If your like me... An ice wizard... I can use frozen flame spells with out the fire mastery amulet for fire.... But I couldn't use chaos, even though I have life mastery... I'll need a chaos mastery, but it won't grant single school PP use... As my life mastery would of

Frozen flame spell: Iced Magma.... Shows magma seeping out of the ground from all angles.... It aoe to the enemies by soaking them doing 200 and then turning into ice and freezing them with a dot of 500/3turns

Typhoon spell: 3 Bears... It will show a little Goldilocks scene, and show Papa/Mom's/Baby bear... Goldie would hide behind the enemy and papa would throw a punch to hit her, but hits them doing 600, then mama would come up, a try to hit her, does it, and the enemy doing 500, and the baby bear runs behind you and gives you 300

And then Chaos spells..... Which is hard to explain... Because healing/damaging is death already..... But the Swan spell at 108..... A Zombie Unicorn spell that does aoe 300 with life back to everyone, and disappears after dropping life's global, sanctuary, and guilding light

I could see this getting some love...

Explorer
Apr 25, 2010
I think this is a great idea and would be something new to use. However, it would be difficult to do this because Ice and Fire spells have a difference in accuracy, damage, and type of damage. So unless this was a healing spell or some sort of buff spell, this would not work.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Timothy Lifesinger on Jun 28, 2016 wrote:
I think this is a great idea and would be something new to use. However, it would be difficult to do this because Ice and Fire spells have a difference in accuracy, damage, and type of damage. So unless this was a healing spell or some sort of buff spell, this would not work.
Not really an issue. Plenty of spells do different type damage than their casted school. Fire would have school boost spells, Ice would have it's boosts too, both would have elemental. It would have different effectiveness for each school, but completely doable. As for accuracy differences, just treat it like a moon spell and only count universal accuracy, so all schools would have the same base chance.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I've actually thought about this over the years too. Here's the issue I see about combining schools. Imagine Fire and Storm being combined. The damage would be off the chart. The strongest single hit school and the strongest damage over time school combined into one spell? Or, what about balance and life? the healing would be nuts. I LIKE the idea of combining schools, it would just have to be balanced very well in order for it to work. Again, I am NOT against the idea

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
This definitely sounds like a feature a CCG game would have. And Kingsisle started Wizard101 with just a bunch of spells on cards at the table. However, given the existing balancing problems I'm not sure I'd even want Kingsisle to go down this road. But awesome idea.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
dayerider on Jun 28, 2016 wrote:
I've actually thought about this over the years too. Here's the issue I see about combining schools. Imagine Fire and Storm being combined. The damage would be off the chart. The strongest single hit school and the strongest damage over time school combined into one spell? Or, what about balance and life? the healing would be nuts. I LIKE the idea of combining schools, it would just have to be balanced very well in order for it to work. Again, I am NOT against the idea
i think only the school and its opposing school would be combined.... so like even then balance would be sadly left behind......