Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Name Change and more

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 17, 2009
If possible, being able to change ones name without starting over would be a great improvement to the game. If it means losing all ones friends, that's a very reasonable exchange for this. Having to pay 5000 crowns would be reasonable too. I'm sure there are many out there who would like to change their names but not start over.
I know that some would love to be able to reroll the whole look of the character, and I'm for that too. I do admit I don't see why it's not possible, but I don't know what goes into it. I know it might not be possible. And again, I think having to use crowns like with TP points is fine too.
Thanks for listening/reading my suggestion. I hope one day to see it in game.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
I disagree with that. For example, my name is Gabrielle on wizard101 and my friends like to call me Gabby. Since they have known me for a long time, it is hard to make that change. For weeks even months it won't seem natural or comfortable for other people to call me something different. It is just too much trouble. I disagree a little less on the look but I do still feel like it might be odd for people to see me differently. We made our choices at the start of this game and if we made a mistake, we could have easily gone back and changed them or even made a new character right away. Thanks for reading, bye!

Survivor
Dec 01, 2014
I had the same idea. I am so fed up with my name Tyler Mist and I wish I could change that to something like Nile Verdantstar like my name is here on the message boards. But 5000 crowns or losing ALL your friends dos'nt seem reasonable. Maybe 1000 gold, 100 crowns, 1 trading point, or losing 5 friends would be reasonable. Tell me what you think. Tyler Mist level 19

Delver
Jul 17, 2009
I'd rather redo my friendcodes than have to start over. If I do that then I'd have to redo them anyways. And if you don't want to rename your wizard, you wouldn't have too. I've had my wizard for years now, and the name I liked back then I wish was different so being able to change it would be awesome. I also don't want to have to start over- it took me years to get to level 78.

The looks... well I know others want to change their whole look and not have to start over after years of playing. Just like some might want to change their secondary schools. I think being able to change names is like secondary schools. And why not be able to dye eyes etc? They can call them contacts and have it like hairstyles.

Last, I'd rather not lose my friendlists to change my name, but it might not be feasible for them to work it out so your name changes in all your friends lists. So that's why I say it's reasonable. And like TP crown resets for secondary schools etc, it working that way for a name change would be very welcome.

Defender
Nov 12, 2013
Lizziebell03 on Jul 12, 2015 wrote:
I disagree with that. For example, my name is Gabrielle on wizard101 and my friends like to call me Gabby. Since they have known me for a long time, it is hard to make that change. For weeks even months it won't seem natural or comfortable for other people to call me something different. It is just too much trouble. I disagree a little less on the look but I do still feel like it might be odd for people to see me differently. We made our choices at the start of this game and if we made a mistake, we could have easily gone back and changed them or even made a new character right away. Thanks for reading, bye!
Why don't you just choose not to change your name? This stuff is all optional ya know.