Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Foulgaze & Nightshade are too hard...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 04, 2012
I'm a L9 wizard and I'm on the Foulgaze quest, and he's too hard. I've tried about 7 times and I get defeated. I defeat the minion and then I get defeated by Foulgaze. Any tips?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Shannon DuskGrove on Oct 7, 2014 wrote:
I'm a L9 wizard and I'm on the Foulgaze quest, and he's too hard. I've tried about 7 times and I get defeated. I defeat the minion and then I get defeated by Foulgaze. Any tips?
Go back and do the side quests you skipped. You should be level 10+ by now and should have that gear, which will help you a lot, as will your school spell at level 10. You should also have shields for all schools as Balance. Use them.
Tip: Foulgaze casts Ice spells more often than Death.

Survivor
May 28, 2014
Explorer
Aug 15, 2012
try doing all the side quests that you haven't done yet, such as Triton Avenue, and Crab alley, they should get you up in the level that you need, plus some extra spells, plus don't forget to use your shields

Angel Lvl 100
Angel lvl 60
and others

Survivor
Dec 21, 2011
Do all the sidequests you didnt do you can go in the setting and put on quest finder and it will show any quest in the world your in if there even is some you havent done. if you still have trouble get a friend to help you

Survivor
Aug 19, 2013
Use TCs(treasure cards). That was how I defeated him. I used mostly the "Sprite" TC since it does heal over time and I think it costs less pips than Pixie.

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
Side quests will get you to higher levels so you can get more spells and better equipment. Also, find some friends to help you. You need to learn to ask people for help with hard bosses, but don't forget to help them when they are in trouble, too. Nightshade is a hard boss and I actually skipped him until I got to Marleybone. Then, I just went back with some lower friends and helped them through it and got the experience. I wish you the best of luck.

Diana Swiftfountain, , lvl 90,

Survivor
Apr 22, 2013
Those bosses are two of the last ones, so you should do some side quests, besides, a lot of the Krokotopian clothes are level 15+ so try leveling up or bring a higher friend, those side tasks are useful if you're having troubles fighting those bosses, and maybe bring a life friend to heal you.

Hope this helps!

- Michelle Frostblossom level 43 wizard (somewhat and )

Survivor
May 09, 2014
Try to bring a friend with you. ( Level 15 or higher )

Ryan Lionshield Level 75

Explorer
Oct 26, 2012
I suggest doing a few side quests a few easy ones are... All Penny Dreadfull quest, The Merle Ambrose side quests and if you can do a dungeon with a higher level. If you can find someone, do it with them, and use shields especially if your balance.

Scarlet Rose Level 65

Survivor
Apr 09, 2011
Do as many Sidequests as you can before you get there. Literally, complete as many collect/defeat quests as you can because the experience will be invaluable to you.

I also suggest filling your deck with as many shields as you can, especially the sets of three. Check the Bazaar for treasure cards as I think you need to be Lv 20-something to actually learn them permanently.

And of course, there's always the Team Up option at the dungeon, right?

Explorer
Sep 06, 2010
Do what i did with my balance wizard

go to bazaare and buy the goat monk treasure card
then put in a few scorpions in your deck and a bunch of elemental and spirit shields

start off by using your shields turn after turn and when yo uget 5 pips use the goat monk on foul gaze
then yo ucan use your scorpions to clean up and maybe heal if you get too low

either that or get a friend to help

Explorer
Aug 03, 2012
Dakota Goldrider on Oct 8, 2014 wrote:
Get someone to join you!
I can do it for him where is he because i'm farming nightshade as well and what's he name i want hime name.

Explorer
Aug 03, 2012
Ryan lionshield on Jan 18, 2015 wrote:
Try to bring a friend with you. ( Level 15 or higher )

Ryan Lionshield Level 75
I'm telling you that i am a storm wizard and i can't beat nightshade i want someone to help me maybe my dad can help me because he just started on his wizard maybe we can both help this balance guy.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
Explorer
Aug 03, 2012
Nathan ThunderBree... on Feb 4, 2015 wrote:
Good Luck. :D
yeah thanks maybe you can help me this morining if you want.

Explorer
Aug 03, 2012
i have got a tip for you use scorpion or lokost sworm.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
I would say just get so help with beating them or try treasure cards and if that doesn't work just keep trying

Blaze SilverHeart lvl 21

Survivor
Jun 22, 2013
Dude, you are lvl 9 and up to Foulgaze? Do every zone and every quest cause i did that and started krokotopia on my wiz at lvl 24. And make sure you do Crab Alley that gives a lot of xp for lvl 12

Andrew Stormhunter lvl 100