Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

fizzle rates

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 24, 2011
so i am a ice wizard, and i am in krokotopia. i can never defeat this one boss because of the fizzle rate. i fizzled the same spell 5 times in a row, an ice spell, in 5 battles. My friend and i play together and he is a storm wizard, and he almost never fizzles. he did the boss again so i could watch and he fizzled one spell. please fix this i think its unfair to have me always fizzle as an ice wizard and he never fizzle as a storm wizard

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Ice has higher accuracy, ergo a lower fizzle chance. Emphasis on chance. You always have the possibility to fizzle, the fact that you fizzle a lot is just plain bad luck. Get some gear that boosts accuracy. At least you're not Death, we get 85% accuracy but it's a lot harder to get accuracy boosts.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
wow425 on Jun 18, 2014 wrote:
so i am a ice wizard, and i am in krokotopia. i can never defeat this one boss because of the fizzle rate. i fizzled the same spell 5 times in a row, an ice spell, in 5 battles. My friend and i play together and he is a storm wizard, and he almost never fizzles. he did the boss again so i could watch and he fizzled one spell. please fix this i think its unfair to have me always fizzle as an ice wizard and he never fizzle as a storm wizard
Well heres a little hint the highest fizzle rate that wont really ever fizz is life
i noticed all spells in life have 90% fizzle rate but ice is a little different

So try different wizards and see what happens (remember storm has lowest fizzle rate but high attack)

James ShadowBlade 25

Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
Here's my tip:

Buy some accuracy enchantments in the Bazaar, they are pretty cheap (15% Accuracy = 40 gold / 20% Accuracy = 60 gold). Once that you haven't reached Celestia, where you're given new enchantments spells that boost your attacks, you can use those to enchant your cards and avoid fizzling.

This is what I have been doing with my storm, my gear gives me 15% accuracy boost and I enchant my card with the one that gives 15%, so I got 100% and thus fizzles do not happen! Your case is even better than mine cause simply by enchanting your card with a 20% accuracy boost, you raise your accuracy by 100%, which in my case wouldn't happen as Storms start with 70% accuracy.

Hope this helps :)

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
James ShadowBlade on Jun 19, 2014 wrote:
Well heres a little hint the highest fizzle rate that wont really ever fizz is life
i noticed all spells in life have 90% fizzle rate but ice is a little different

So try different wizards and see what happens (remember storm has lowest fizzle rate but high attack)

James ShadowBlade 25
Actually, 90% on life spells mean 90% accurate. Life has the lowest fizzle rate and storm has the highest because the 70% on most storm spells stands for 70% accurate.
Sarai Thunderstrider
Master