Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minions are too selfish

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
I wasn't sure if I should put this here or the Dorms, but it feels like a problem to me.
I think the minions you get at some kinda early level should be a lot less selfish. I cast one on my . First, it used an Elemental Shield on itself, and after that a Sprite ON ITSELF. It was at full health, and I was dying. Then, next round, I was at a hundred health. It used another sprite on itself. Minions are supposed to be helpful IMHO. They don't feel like they are. That one got me killed. So, KI, if you could be so awesome to make them non-selfish, I think it wouldn't just be me that would be grateful. If you live on a different time zone and none of your friends play the game, it's just really difficult to do some harder bosses. Because it's really find anyone in, lets say, Mooshu, if all other realms are Perfect with Ambrose being Normal. So PLEASE, make the minions help the caster instead of being selfish.

James GoldHorn,
lvl 76
lvl 48
lvl 26
lvl 14
...and some other low level wizards

Survivor
Sep 11, 2012
The Water Elemental is supposed to use taunt on the enemies to make them attack it so you don't take damage. Thus, it has to heal and shield itself to keep itself alive. The trick is to summon it early so it uses taunt as early as it can.

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
lewski on Oct 15, 2013 wrote:
I wasn't sure if I should put this here or the Dorms, but it feels like a problem to me.
I think the minions you get at some kinda early level should be a lot less selfish. I cast one on my . First, it used an Elemental Shield on itself, and after that a Sprite ON ITSELF. It was at full health, and I was dying. Then, next round, I was at a hundred health. It used another sprite on itself. Minions are supposed to be helpful IMHO. They don't feel like they are. That one got me killed. So, KI, if you could be so awesome to make them non-selfish, I think it wouldn't just be me that would be grateful. If you live on a different time zone and none of your friends play the game, it's just really difficult to do some harder bosses. Because it's really find anyone in, lets say, Mooshu, if all other realms are Perfect with Ambrose being Normal. So PLEASE, make the minions help the caster instead of being selfish.

James GoldHorn,
lvl 76
lvl 48
lvl 26
lvl 14
...and some other low level wizards
I totally agreed with you. Some minions are just plain selfish. But I haven't experienced this problems 'cause I'm ice and basically an ice minion has these moves:

Ice blade

Ice trap

Frost Cat

Ice bats

Snow shark

Again I totally agreed with you. This would make the battles with my friends easier

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
I so Totally Agree!

Usually, when I buy a minion, it is a Life minion, and I buy it mostly just to heal me. The minion should be a minion of the player, a help to the player. It is so irritating when I buy a Life minion, and I am near death, and the minion heals itself. Really, what is up with that? Minions should be set to heal and help the player who bought them.

It is also silly when a life minion casts an attack spell at a life boss! What a waste! My player is taking hits, dying, and the stupid minion does not heal, but attacks. Minion AI should be set not to attack its own school.

And Life minions should be set to be Healers first and foremost! That is why people buy them. At least, that is why I buy them. Their AI should be totally focused on keeping alive the player who paid for them.

The other minion AI issue I have is with Ice minions casting "Taunt." That is a complete waste of a spell! Most bosses ignore it. You buy an ice minion to do damage to a fire boss. So make the ice minion useful! Make it attack fire!

Defender
Jul 26, 2012
There is a huge problem I have with Nerys, the new Balance school minion: She casts Donate Power on herself.

What this results in is her either using 3 or 4 (depending on Power Pips) pips to cast Donate Power and give herself two white pips. In other words, all she is doing is wasting her pips to no effect. Something needs to be done about this. Either:

-Program her so she does not cast Donate Power on her self. It is a waster of her own pips.
-If you cannot program this out of Nerys, change Donate Power so that it cannot be cast on self.
-If you cannot reprogram Nerys' behavior, and do not want to change Donate Power, remove the spell from her deck so she will not do this anymore.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
FinnAgainWindrider on Oct 16, 2013 wrote:
I so Totally Agree!

Usually, when I buy a minion, it is a Life minion, and I buy it mostly just to heal me. The minion should be a minion of the player, a help to the player. It is so irritating when I buy a Life minion, and I am near death, and the minion heals itself. Really, what is up with that? Minions should be set to heal and help the player who bought them.

It is also silly when a life minion casts an attack spell at a life boss! What a waste! My player is taking hits, dying, and the stupid minion does not heal, but attacks. Minion AI should be set not to attack its own school.

And Life minions should be set to be Healers first and foremost! That is why people buy them. At least, that is why I buy them. Their AI should be totally focused on keeping alive the player who paid for them.

The other minion AI issue I have is with Ice minions casting "Taunt." That is a complete waste of a spell! Most bosses ignore it. You buy an ice minion to do damage to a fire boss. So make the ice minion useful! Make it attack fire!
The OP is talking about in-game minions (the kind we get questing or treasure cards); you must be thinking of henchmen, though I agree that those are quite selfish, too.

I once had a life henchman that refused to heal me~ i was dead the entire time, while it healed itself. And I had to sit back and watch this disaster unfold.

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
Tanner Silver on Oct 18, 2013 wrote:
There is a huge problem I have with Nerys, the new Balance school minion: She casts Donate Power on herself.

What this results in is her either using 3 or 4 (depending on Power Pips) pips to cast Donate Power and give herself two white pips. In other words, all she is doing is wasting her pips to no effect. Something needs to be done about this. Either:

-Program her so she does not cast Donate Power on her self. It is a waster of her own pips.
-If you cannot program this out of Nerys, change Donate Power so that it cannot be cast on self.
-If you cannot reprogram Nerys' behavior, and do not want to change Donate Power, remove the spell from her deck so she will not do this anymore.
it is lol

Delver
Nov 05, 2011

it is not to self btw lol

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012

completely agree, that is a waste of spell and pips. Donate Power should note be allowed to be used on the caster, and personally, I think this is a wasted spell for a minion. I can see the usefulness, but you dont see death minions using Empower do you? it needs to be made more fair and I feel replacing it with another spell would work

Survivor
Feb 12, 2012
Sometimes they heal you when you are at full health.
Even when they are dying

Defender
Jul 26, 2012
MadisonWinterHorn on Oct 20, 2013 wrote:
it is not to self btw lol
I know that Donate Power is not self-only. It can be cast on either yourself or your allies. The problem is that you can cast on yourself. There is normally no good reason to do this, since it is literally just throwing away pips.

Poor computer-controlled Nerys doesn't seem to understand this, though. She casts Donate Power on herself and is wasting her own pips by doing so. If they can't program this behavior out of Nerys, I'd prefer they either change the spell so she can't cast it on herself (only other people), or just remover it from Nerys' deck completely.