Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jokul in Winterbane excessive blizzards

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Recently I was in Winterbane Hall level 50 tier with an 81 storm 75 ice and 55 fire. We breezed through the first 5 fights pretty fast, and then got to Jokul. The storm used a sirens with prism and blades to kill the storm and life bosses so we were just fighting against Jokul. He was going first, and casted a blizzard. And then a blizzard. And then a blizzard. And then my pet casted sprite. And then a blizzard. Long story short, before It went to our turn the fire and storm were dead and I (the ice) had half health. Next turn I used satyr on myself. after he casted 6 blizzards and my pet casted 1 sprite. they each were hitting about 400 damage, which is normally fine but not when I have 52% resist and fortify. I used my satyr, got back up to about 2600 again, and he used lord of winter. And then 4 blizzards. and then I shielded. And then more blizzards. Long story short, we lost BADLY because he was casting blizzards maniacally. I don't know if this is a bug or if Kingsisle just thought this was a good idea, but it wasn't even fun trying to do this and just watching my health go down and down.

Jack Frost75

Survivor
Jun 17, 2012
Maybe develop a strategy. Maybe instead of complaining, spam ice dispels while the others do the damage, since ice takes a long time blading for such low damage output. Try to learn the cheats of the boss, so you do not trigger them. Maybe he has a no healing cheat, so I would take off that pet then see.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
The problem is, he was casting blizzards much too fast for me to dispel, and he didn't need blades, they were hitting about a thousand base and leaving behind a 40% ice trap on everyone. And he was triggering off of himself, thats what I was saying with him casting 4-6 in a row; that was in a row without my pet getting a chance to hop in their and heal me. And I think the cheat of the boss is fairly obvious; a blizzard that has about a 70% percent chance to trigger everytime something happens.