Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

When can I teleport to help? When can I not?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 05, 2012
I play this game with 2 of my children. I've noticed there are times we can drop in and help each other in battle and other times it won't let us. I just tried to help my daughter "Defeat Lord Graustark in Pegasus Place" in Wysteria and couldn't get in. I kept getting the message about my friend being busy. My question is, what are the rules for teleporting to each other?

If it helps any, my daughter is a Level 27 and I'm a level 25.

Thanks!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
As you travel the Spiral you will find instances that must be soloed, such as spell fights are always solo.

The fights for the Spiral cup tournament are all solo.

You will also find some instances you can enter with others if you have or did the quest and you all enter together, DragonSprye has quite a few instances like this. As game play becomes more difficult so do the rules for certain instances. For the most part you are able to help others.

We currently quest with family and we try to stay around the same quests and level to avoid the not being able to help issue on the battles you must have the quest for.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Some battles in the game are known as solo instances and can only be accessed by the quest player. But some you cannot port to but you can go in to the dungeon with them.

So next time it happens try to have the quest player walk outside where there at and you port to them then both try to go in at same time.

Hope this helps.

Take care and safe journeys.

Explorer
Dec 19, 2010
You can always port to your friend in a mob battle unless they have turned off port. Some dungeons will let you port others will say your freind is busy. If four people go into a dungeon it will say something like your friend is in a full dungeon. Your level doesnt matter.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Mukurkur on Jan 14, 2013 wrote:
You can always port to your friend in a mob battle unless they have turned off port. Some dungeons will let you port others will say your freind is busy. If four people go into a dungeon it will say something like your friend is in a full dungeon. Your level doesnt matter.
not true~ brwac is correct.

some instances (mostly dungeons, like the one the op mentioned) are solo-only, meaning that friends can't port to you, whether you have ports on or not. this is particularly true at the higher levels, but there are some low-level instances that must be completed alone.

-von

Survivor
Dec 05, 2012
I didn't realize there were times we have to fight solo! That definitely explains it.

Thank you so much, everybody!

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
jahms42 on Jan 16, 2013 wrote:
I didn't realize there were times we have to fight solo! That definitely explains it.

Thank you so much, everybody!
Remember to check first though. Just because it says your friend is busy doesnt mean you cannot help them. If it is a dungeon with a sigil in front have them come back out and both go in together.

This will work on some instances.