Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Icy Problems

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 15, 2010
I have an ice wizzard lvl 61,Ice is a good school to start out with. But lately i have had trouble battling without dying. You would think it would be easy not to die with ice because of their outrageous health but next to life i am pretty sure they have the lowest attack.Ice Fire Storm Life and Death are all good starting school i would say,but once you pass mooshu the only ones that dont have as hard of time living is most likely Life Fire and Death I am unsure about Balance its ok i guess.If you want to have an easy time level and not asking for help all the time choose some of the following schools.

Fire
Death
life
balance

Stay away from.
Storm
Myth
Ice

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
tedderje on Jan 11, 2013 wrote:
I have an ice wizzard lvl 61,Ice is a good school to start out with. But lately i have had trouble battling without dying. You would think it would be easy not to die with ice because of their outrageous health but next to life i am pretty sure they have the lowest attack.Ice Fire Storm Life and Death are all good starting school i would say,but once you pass mooshu the only ones that dont have as hard of time living is most likely Life Fire and Death I am unsure about Balance its ok i guess.If you want to have an easy time level and not asking for help all the time choose some of the following schools.

Fire
Death
life
balance

Stay away from.
Storm
Myth
Ice
The school is simply a system to give you current spells, stats, and advantages, My main is storm and i've been able to solo most the game well, my other storm friends do to while some others need help here and there. It really isn't the school more or less how you use it, if your having trouble with ice, maybe you need to look back and fix some things in your strategy, or maybe ice isn't the school for you, I know i wasn't for me.

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
i'm an ice wizard and i don't find anything hard mabey it's just my armor but even at my low lvls i didnt have a hard time

Survivor
Apr 15, 2012
Well, it also depends on your moves. When do I attack? Should I heal my self now? Also your second school is an improtant thing! To plan is really important in this game. I must say, that it doesn't look like Ice wizards have troubles in battles? You have an amezing health, so its not like your running out of health in one hit.

Anyway, I think you should see the positive thing of being a Ice wizard. Like you said; you have a outrageous health.

Anna MoonRider/Death/Lvl 52

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
You can't rely on your high health level alone. You have to adapt, get the best gear possible and use the spells/tools available to you. My level 64 Ice wizard hasn't died in ages. Don't diss the school just because you haven't figured out it's little nuances.