Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

FIZZLE!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
Is it just me or is anyone else suddenly getting what seems like a disproportionate amount of spell fizzle? It seems like all of a sudden at least 50% to 70% of every attack spell i cast fizzles. Around 70% of first atttack spells in every encounter fizzle. Twice within the space of three battles i had spells fail four times in a row. So, is it just me? Whatever, i hope it stops 'cause it's driving me nuts.

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
Defender
Apr 25, 2009
You know, a few days ago I cast sunbird twice in a row, and both times fizzled. I hope they didn't mess with the invisible thing that if you fizzle a spell and cast another of the same school it has a super low chance of fizzling.

Of course, fizzling seems to come in bunches. If you fizzle a lot over a few battles, you might not again for a while. Right now I'm not fizzling that bad, although sometimes a little burst of fizzles will hit me.

Survivor
May 26, 2009
Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
grf1984 wrote:
Is it just me or is anyone else suddenly getting what seems like a disproportionate amount of spell fizzle? It seems like all of a sudden at least 50% to 70% of every attack spell i cast fizzles. Around 70% of first atttack spells in every encounter fizzle. Twice within the space of three battles i had spells fail four times in a row. So, is it just me? Whatever, i hope it stops 'cause it's driving me nuts.
I know! I mean even life spells fizzle a bit more often than before like when I tried to cast a life spell it fizzed two times in a row and with my fire attacks it fizzed again and again Maybe your spells fizzled four times 'cause you had no accuracy or just bad luck.

Survivor
May 08, 2009
Seems to me too. But been like that since day one for me, about 6 weeks ago I started to play.

Its like the 85% chance to work is more like 85% chance to fail.

I have had up to 7 spells in a row fail. With odds like that the math is wrong some where when they roll the dice to see if pass or fail.

Defender
Aug 19, 2008
grf1984 wrote:

My life wizard has been having fizzle on her healing cards...most of which never used to fizzle. So I think something is up with that!

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
Are you all in Grizzleheim now? My spells seem to fizzle way more often there... I've come to expect fizzling three times in a row every battle in Grizzleheim... especially in Savarstaad Pass. Everywhere else, my spells very rarely fizzle.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
My friends and I also noticed that the fizzle rate seems to be a lot higher than normal for players and lessened for enemies. Infact we discovered that if you use a trap or a buff on yourself and try to cast a spell that will kill an enemy your almost guaranteed to fizzle. We've also had battles where all the wizards had fizzled every spell we cast 2 or more turns in a row with no traps on us at all.

Defender
May 15, 2009
michellembrodeur wrote:

I have had up to 7 spells in a row fail. With odds like that the math is wrong some where when they roll the dice to see if pass or fail.

Using math, prove it.

Defender
Mar 01, 2009
I hate fizzling and your right it seems that everytime you can kill someone your attack fizzles it happens a lot when i use helephant or fire dragon when i want my enemies dead and i haev been fizzling more often now then i had ever before