Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We want Spirit Dispells!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 03, 2009
So exactly how do you defeat a Myth Wizard in the arena now? Shielding is impossible. Why are there Elemental Dispells and not Spirit Dispells?

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
you need to put this in the lab forum not pvp forum cosidering this is more of an idea

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
You can use spells like weakness to defend against myth attacks. Myth attacks are really quite weak in comparison to other schools, just DO NOT TRY TO SHIELD AGAINST THEM!

It doesn't work. Period.

When you face a myth, your best bet is to hit them fast and hard. Myth has the second lowest health in the game, so they'll fall a lot easier under strong attacks than other schools. I know from experience that myth has rather poor defenses compared to other schools. If you know you're going to face a myth wizard, take out your shields and put in attack cards.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Defender
Apr 25, 2009
Dispelling of spirit spells...how would that work?

Fire, you douse with water.

Ice, you melt with heat.

Storm, you...make go away. Idk...it's still possible.

Hmm...let's think here.

Life: Whither

Death: Renew

Myth...how do you stop someone from thinking? Imagination isn't really a corporal thing you can stop. "Dull" maybe? Idk...

Defender
Feb 03, 2009
Na, who uses the dispells in PvE? This is a PvP issue.

thanks for the tips on Myth.

As far as it "working" or not, well it's just not fair really that Elemental schools can have their spell snuffed out, but Spirit schools get a free pass.

I would imagine a Life Dispell would be VERY effective against healing decks, against Death it could interrupt all the buffs they need and as for Myth, well, there really is no defense against myth right now.

How bout Confusion for the Myth card?

Defender
Sep 22, 2008
cbfan14 wrote:
You can use spells like weakness to defend against myth attacks. Myth attacks are really quite weak in comparison to other schools, just DO NOT TRY TO SHIELD AGAINST THEM!

It doesn't work. Period.

When you face a myth, your best bet is to hit them fast and hard. Myth has the second lowest health in the game, so they'll fall a lot easier under strong attacks than other schools. I know from experience that myth has rather poor defenses compared to other schools. If you know you're going to face a myth wizard, take out your shields and put in attack cards.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer
Can I just ask, what was going through your head when you posted this message? No offense but it looks like you randomly jotted down comments that you cannot even back-up. First up Fire has the second lowest health in the game (above storm) and they are a strong school as well try getting hit by an orthrus with no shields at all. Also, weakness works against all schools and not everyone bothers to learn balance school. Shields work against myth wizards too, I mean sure they have some cards that attack twice in order to get a strong attack to do some damage after the shield is gone, but still you can shield them. So from now on don't post unless you know what you're talking about. :x

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
You need to recheck your health totals; myth and fire are tied. Fire has stuns and smokescreen though, so yes myth still has weak defenses.

I know what I'm talking about with shields because my brother has a myth that's almost grandmaster; He just laughs himself off his chair when someone plays a shield because his attack won't impacted by that shield. That means that person basically wasted a turn that could have been used for something more useful. You should also read the FULL EFFECT OF ORTHRUS, as this is the reason shields are a waste of time and deck space against myth wizards (the card doesn't list the full effect as there wasn't enough room to write the rest of the effect; it does more than just double attack).

So if you want to defend against myth, yes you probably need to have balance as a secondary. Or you can do as I suggested and replace those shields with attack cards.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Blazian wrote:

Storm, you...make go away. Idk...it's still possible.

Myth...how do you stop someone from thinking? Imagination isn't really a corporal thing you can stop. "Dull" maybe? Idk...

Storm- a pole in a ground makes the electrical current go to it, runs down the pole, hits the ground and breaks up

Myth- Teachers parents and bosses

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
There must be a reason for why there isnt spirit dispells. But i do think this is kind of unfair in some ways...

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
cbfan14 wrote:
You need to recheck your health totals; myth and fire are tied. Fire has stuns and smokescreen though, so yes myth still has weak defenses.

I know what I'm talking about with shields because my brother has a myth that's almost grandmaster; He just laughs himself off his chair when someone plays a shield because his attack won't impacted by that shield. That means that person basically wasted a turn that could have been used for something more useful. You should also read the FULL EFFECT OF ORTHRUS, as this is the reason shields are a waste of time and deck space against myth wizards (the card doesn't list the full effect as there wasn't enough room to write the rest of the effect; it does more than just double attack).

So if you want to defend against myth, yes you probably need to have balance as a secondary. Or you can do as I suggested and replace those shields with attack cards.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

OK, help me out here. What is the FULL EFFECT OF ORTHRUS? I've never noticed.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Why not just cast black mantle and smoke screen on the person you want to fizzle?