Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

***Important Crafting Update***

AuthorMessage
Administrator
There will be an update to Wizard101 July 8th at 3am Central US Time that will include the following important updates!

Crafting Updates
More Mist Wood and Scrap Iron will be appearing in the Spiral, and should be easier for Wizards to find as they learn the ways of Reagents and Crafting.
Cool down timers on some recipes have been lowered to allow Wizards to create items more quickly.
Reagents have been added as rewards for Mini Games!
The reagents needed for Treasure Cards have been reduced, most notably the number of Treasure Card ingredients needed to create the final Treasure Card.
The descriptions for some of the Craft-able Items were incomplete and should now reflect all the bonuses the items grant the player.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Aug 19, 2008
Thank you for listening to our concerns!

Thank you for letting us know what is going on!

KI rocks!

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Defender
Feb 18, 2009
Professors,
Thank you very much for making the changes and hearing our concerns. I for one am very glad to see this response.

Hunter SilverHeart
Grandmaster Pyromancer/Diviner

Explorer
Jun 28, 2008
i haven't noticed the cool downs go lower at all. they look the same to me.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
I have the crafting table the regeants to make the daggers needed in old town but when I try to make them it says can't create here what gives?

Survivor
May 27, 2009
Wow. A+ for responding to the players.

I've played lots of MMORPG's and this has got to be the best and most accurate response to player outcry i've ever seen.

Good job

Survivor
May 31, 2009
You need to have the MooShu teacher mention the need for a new table.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2008
what about the rares? it is impossible to find 75 diamonds. cant you either lower the amount needed or make them a bit easier to find? I mean come on i have been looking for days and have 7 diamonds. this is ridiculous!
witchlizzy

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
I have been in Marlybone for at least a week, spending several hours each day. I have only managed to find 20 scrap iron. :( I have made it all the way through to MooShu and have been in all the areas. If you have updated the amount of scrap iron it is not enough. I find mist wood fine and cat tales are much easier to find. Please help as I would like to play this part of the game. I am also unable to find the life recipe vendors.

Thank you,

Ekat

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Ekat wrote:
I have been in Marlybone for at least a week, spending several hours each day. I have only managed to find 20 scrap iron. :(
Ekat

Try Ironworks. Each time you run it you should get a couple (2-5). As you don't need to finish it, just get the door open, it is two battles or about 20 mins. Exit, enter another instance so it resets, then back to the mines, err, Ironworks. (I don't think there are any scrap iron in the counterbalances)

There are a few good spwan locations, usually at the ends of streets not normally used or a pain to get to. I just make extended trips and find some (I was doing all though silly Policeman Ball deliveries, etc, and I found like 6 scrap iron in about 90 mins).

Defender
Aug 19, 2008
I just don't get it. I am trying now to do the Mooshu craft quests....but don't have time to keep running around looking for regeants that just don't exist.

Guess I will just have to wait on this one until everyone else finishes.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2009
1Sonicboom wrote:
i haven't noticed the cool downs go lower at all. they look the same to me.

I've been helping to update the wizard101 wiki site, and from what I have seen, the cool down on Treasure Card recipes were drastically reduced.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
Ekat wrote:
I have been in Marlybone for at least a week, spending several hours each day. I have only managed to find 20 scrap iron. :( I have made it all the way through to MooShu and have been in all the areas. If you have updated the amount of scrap iron it is not enough. I find mist wood fine and cat tales are much easier to find. Please help as I would like to play this part of the game. I am also unable to find the life recipe vendors.

Thank you,

Ekat

at the end of newgate prison there are 4-6 scrap iron spawns plus other regents and treasure chests, even with competition its easy enough to get 20-40 scrap iron there in an hour

Survivor
May 20, 2009
There are significant irritations with the current system. For example, I am currently working on the first DS quest that requires 100 black lotus and 75 diamonds. After several days of attempting to progress with this quest I have nearly decided to give up on the whole thing.

From gathering the resources myself I was able to get about 5 diamonds over several days and perhaps 200+ ores gathered. Diamonds do not appear often on the bazaar so that means thousands of ores and weeks of gathering to get the required amount of diamonds.

When I attempted to gather black lotus myself there were none on several realms that I visited. I went to the bazaar to see if any were for sale and they were maxed out, which means that someone was farming them simply to sell to the bazaar.

I cannot imagine that these dynamics were intended for the crafting quests. Becoming more difficult and demanding as you progress through them is understandable, however.

I propose that fewer reagents be needed for at least the crafting quests. Instead, make the required reagents drops from bosses or gathered resources in instanced dungeons within the realm where they are required. This would sufficiently develop increased difficulty as someone progresses through the quests. However, it would reduce the frustration involved in people farming them for sale or in them simply being unavailable.

I really like this game and appreciate the work that KI has put into it. My only two complaints so far have been this element of the crafting system and the lengthy dungeons (3 hrs) in which progress cannot be saved. Those two pretty much kill this as a casual gaming experience that I can participate in during my free time.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
well i got about 50 scrap iron when i needed the quest for creating those items. i found about 30 at the bazaar and the rest scattered everywhere in marleybone, which at this point seems to be the only place where they appear at all. anyways another good way to get reagents is to switch between realms search an area until you find one then simply repeat until you get more. i cant say whether or not this update has really worked or not because i cant seem to login today so scrap iron might be more common now and you wont have to be switching realms to find reagents. good luck on your travels everyone. :D

Survivor
Nov 29, 2008
I finally got my 5 Ring of Apotheosis done by purchasing the required diamonds.

I now have a quest to craft 5 Raintree Uniforms. Does anyone know where I can find this recipe?

Found it: Cave of Solitude

Survivor
Apr 02, 2009
gnreno3 wrote:
Professors,
Thank you very much for making the changes and hearing our concerns. I for one am very glad to see this response.

Hunter SilverHeart
Grandmaster Pyromancer/Diviner

You talk to the "Professors" like they are real people!!! Get a grip everyone!!!!!!

Kimberly FrostLeaf
Grandmaster Necromancer (Secondary School) - Adept Ice (Home School)

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
dmaurer2 wrote:
I finally got my 5 Ring of Apotheosis done by purchasing the required diamonds.

So you were the one sniping them out from under my nose at the Bazzar! Really, congrats on fighting the mobs, getting so many there is great.

As to your question, look for the answer on Wizard101 Central (see tab at left for fansites).

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
we should still be able to buy the reagents not just find them. i dont like the new changes.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
I thought reagents were also going to be minigame rewards...none in my family have yet to find any. What gives?

Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
I have tried for four days to get scrap iron still not found very much about enough for two of the ten crafting items on the quest what gives? I thought there was supposed to be more. Otherwise love this aspect of the game.

Survivor
May 08, 2009
Scrap Iron is best found in NEWGATE PRISON near the bosses such as Mugsy. When I had that farming I would go to where mugsy is and down the corner to the clock tower. Between the 2 places I averaged 70 scrap iron an hour going from realm to realm.

Survivor
May 08, 2009
we should still be able to buy the reagents not just find them. i dont like the new changes.
This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul/17/2009 8:30:55 pm

Hate to brake it to you but you CAN buy them. ALL of them. This is why they have been doing so much to the bazaar. I have been abble to get find, scrap iron, diamonds, bloodmoss, grendal weed, and yes the ocasional but rare black pearl at the bazaar. The trick is knowing the best realms and best times for farming.