Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life Summary

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 26, 2009
Tell me what you've learned about being in the Life school(To all Life Students). Do you think that Life is a good school? Do you like being able to help others by healing them? Do you like having only four spells that do damage? Please reply and tell me what you have learned, saw, and did.

Tristan Sparkleblade
Life School Fan

Defender
Mar 01, 2009
hi chris deathbringer here and i like being able to heal people(i dont like when they keep on saying heal me till i heal them) life is a cool school to be in if you want to help people out or want to go do quests by yourself im ok with the fact that you only have for attacks cause there are training points that can get ya moves

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Well... I like being a Life wizard but the fact that it's hard for me to go and do quest's that I want.I am allway's doing some of the same quest's over and over agane to help my friend's.I dont mind but it dose get a little anoying after a while.But I like the fact that we can be relied on.All and all i like being a Life wizard.

LIFE ROCK'S!!!!

Amanda OwlRider Level32

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
Hi!
I am always choosing healing classes in MMO's.
Not only can you keep your groups alive, you can learn defensive spells as well.
As for offense...it might take quite a few turns...but Life can get the job done just as well. :>

There needs to be more Life, more healers!

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
I like healing all my friends but like Amanda said, it gets a little annoying when you cant do your quests sometimes cause your friends need help. Once I teleported to my friend and he said him and I were going to help this guy i didnt even know. The guy was being a jerk to me saying that i was only suppose to keep them alive and that him and my friend could take the monsters down faster. I WAS ABOUT READY TO LEAVE! But my friend was there so i didnt and the rest of the time i healed and healed. I still like being life though. Even if some of the people i help get on my nerve.

Defender
May 28, 2009
I have a Life Wizard also even though my primary wizard is a Fire. I have learned a lot from my wife who has a grandmaster life. Life wizards are great for working in groups. You begin to learn how long you can wait before healing and how to prepare so that you heal at the best time for the most health. If you have a team that understands how important you are then you will make them unstoppable. They should be focused on shielding and protecting you and you should be concerned with keeping them alive. Also I have learned that it is best to put the life person first in fight. Two reasons: First, the life person normally has more health (unless playing with an Ice person). Second, (and I'll try to explain this the best I can) if the life person is first in the combat order they can heal people who died in the current round and the person they healed with keep their pips and still cast the spell they choose. For example, if your team is second to cast and you have a life in slot A and a fire in slot B; the life wizard selects a healing spell because the fire wizard is almost dead; the fire wizard selects dragon to take out all the enemies at the same time. The opposing team gets to go first so the first wizard casts a blade on the second and the second casts a damage spell on our fire wizard and kills him. Then the life wizard casts the healing spell on the fire wizard bringing him back to life with all his pips still in place. Then the fire wizard is able to cast dragon and win the match because the Life wizard ROCKS! Now this will not work the same way if the fire person is not healed in the same round so it is very important for Life wizards to have a good understanding of how much life everyone has, who the opponents are attacking, and how much damage can be done to you or your team. As far as damage is concerned, if you want to do good damage as a life person just make sure you carry blade, trap, spirit blades and spirit traps. These four together will make a Centaur hurt very badly. And speaking as a fire wizard I say, "Thank Ambrose for my wife and her GrandMaster Life wizard when we went up against Malistaire during the week that he was cheating!" She really was the very best wizard for defeating Malistaire since he is a death. Life wizards sometimes have to sacrifice glory in order to keep their team alive. Just make sure that you team up with people who understand that it IS a TEAM effort.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Uh... we get way more than 4 attacks.... Im only level 24 and I have like 6 life attacks...
Kenneth Goldenflower

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
Almost a life grandmaster and not one enemy has cast a life shield against my attacks. Did have a couple balance types cast spirit shields and of course tower shields but no life specific shields. The key for me has been to maximize my power pips chance and to increase the attack of my centaur with equipment and support spells. A new attack would be nice though, centaur gets the job done, but its getting kind of old. Thanks, Kieran Dragonflame

Survivor
May 22, 2009
solrocky wrote:
Tell me what you've learned about being in the Life school(To all Life Students).

I'm relitavely new to being a life student, but I've learned quite a bit already, and I'm enjoying the experiance throughly. I've come to appreciate just how much of a difference 90 health points per turn can make, and I can summon a giant rock-hurling tree... how cool is that?

solrocky wrote:
Do you think that Life is a good school?

Personally I believe life is a very good school, but it depends on who you are and what you enjoy doing. I enjoy the challange of having to think two or three moves ahead to keep my team-members on their feet, but some don't seem to have as good a time with it. In terms of overall gameplay it's a very necessary school, sure you can solo tons of stuff on your own, but when you're facing off with a boss with twice the health you have it's very nice to have a life student backing you.

solrocky wrote:
Do you like being able to help others by healing them?

To an extent I enjoy healing, like I said, I have to think two or three moves ahead sometimes (not all the times) and I love that challange. I'm not too crazy when people with 3/4ths their health are shouting out for heals on the street because they don't feel like running down a red mote, but such is life!

solrocky wrote:
Do you like having only four spells that do damage?

It's a minor set back, when your health bar is full and all you have is a hand full of healing spells, however I can summon a rock-hurling tree, did I mention the rock-hurling tree? I really like him :)

Survivor
May 23, 2009
As a pyromancer, I tried to beat a life wizard in pvp and lost miserably. They kept healing with their minion! I finally let her finish me off because it was hopeless. I couldn't keep up. Although I love fire, I kind of wish I had done life as my second school instead of ice...although ice is cool too.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Well I kinda have some pratice in the Life school.
With my Hood of the Homonculus, I get health, some power pip chance, and plus some life attack boost and resistance against life attacks.
Because I'm the most resistant against life attacks, I really don't have a problem going up against life opponents, heck, I've even beaten a master life wizard in a ranked pvp minion battle as a Magus.
So even though I'm a Pyromancer, I still like being able to help people out, provided they don't keep pestering me about it.
I think that I will get some heal spells so I can really help my friends more.
Seth ShadowCloud
4-pronged wizard(firestorm, life, balance)
A good friend
LV.37

Survivor
Apr 14, 2009
i am life and love it i can only kill any in pvp with with a group my sister is ice and life and we are good we always get pumbled HELP

Defender
Mar 01, 2009
personally i hate pvp as life it is annoying cause people ask you to heal them and most of the time the enemy always attacks the healer. i died many times now then i have before cause i changed my clothes so i look like life and i kinda regret doing that cause now the opponents always attack and kill me
Chris Deathbringer lvl 33 life
PS: life gets like five attacks(ot including wands) imp, leperachaun, natures wraith, seraph, and centaur(maybe more idk cause i not grandmaster yet)

Survivor
May 24, 2009
life is just one of those schools that you need to have a secondary school in. also, i LOVE being able to heal others and also be able to say,"my teacher is a cow." lol i tried to start a ice wizard, but i couldnt stand the fact that i couldnt heal others. i like the fact that most spells have at least a 90% fizz chance. life can be very strong if #1 you know how to use it #2 you team it up with a school that is strong in attack. currently, i'm a life/balance, and am very successfull. with all those traps and blades, it's very usefull. anyone who wants advice on a good school? DO LIFE. YOU WONT REGRET IT!