Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bad Language in Dueling Arena?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 05, 2009
I can't stand how some people think its ok to say words that when said out loud sound like cursing, I think this is a huge issue that the people over at Wizard101 need to fix before it gets worse. Just the other day I was dueling and two boys started shouting words that when i read them sounded bad and I was wondering if this is at all reportable?

Administrator
Currently on the Test Realm and coming soon to the Live Realm is the ability to click on a players name in the Chat Window.

This may solve some of the issues with language in the Player vs Player arenas.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Apr 05, 2009
Gamma wrote:
Currently on the Test Realm and coming soon to the Live Realm is the ability to click on a players name in the Chat Window.

Is anything planned for some type of fixing of the match up system, because usually its the higher level students that think its funny to call weaker students names and stuff.

Survivor
May 31, 2009
That's a good idea, Gamma! I heard that people on the game makes foul language! So thanks for the issue, Dr. Gamma!

Survivor
May 31, 2009
aaronlhs2012 wrote:
<blockquote>
<div>
<cite>Gamma wrote:</cite>Currently on the Test Realm and coming soon to the Live Realm is the ability to click on a players name in the Chat Window.

Is anything planned for some type of fixing of the match up system, because usually its the higher level students that think its funny to call weaker students names and stuff.[/quote/]

Accually, Gamma's right. Thank you, again, Dr. Gamma

Explorer
Apr 02, 2009
Yea it has gotten worse. And there are sore lossers.

The other day I had a player begging me to let him win because he just got to the rank of Knight. I told him we each had a chance to win. Well I beat him and then he called something where if you sound out it can be a pretty bad curse word for a gril. So I reported him. And what does he do? He reports me for using foul language. Which I didn't. I don't care if I lose. I hate it but it just means that I need to try harder.

This is just a game. You win some and you lose some. The cursing when you just tells me your very immature. And I feel bad for you for how you will deal with stuff out in the world when you don't get your way.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2008
Ya, its been getting bad, and people are going that you shouldn't be able to stun at all. I was just fighting someone, they cursed at my team, yelled at us for stunning (we didnt chain). People just keep getting greedier and i think stun block should work for one turn instead of until the next stun cause it is for chain right? Not a stun every third turn or fourth.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
I witnessed some pretty disgusting language in the Arena today, and I don't mean the usual juvenile insults and trash talk. I hope the planned fix can improve the situation, so I have an option other than turning off text chat.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
Runstorm1981 wrote:
Yea it has gotten worse. And there are sore lossers.

The other day I had a player begging me to let him win because he just got to the rank of Knight. I told him we each had a chance to win. Well I beat him and then he called something where if you sound out it can be a pretty bad curse word for a gril. So I reported him. And what does he do? He reports me for using foul language. Which I didn't. I don't care if I lose. I hate it but it just means that I need to try harder.

This is just a game. You win some and you lose some. The cursing when you just tells me your very immature. And I feel bad for you for how you will deal with stuff out in the world when you don't get your way.

i agree with you runstorm you are great to report him its embaressing what some people say and get away with i hope you didn't get in any trouble (please respond)

Explorer
Apr 02, 2009
I didn't get into trouble.

I enjoy PVP but its starting to get annoying where I dont want to do PVP anymore because of all the sore losers or the winnners who have to work extra hard to get the win. They don't like the compatetion.

Mainly when I PVP with the team that I PVP with we just chat in group talk and hardly talk out loud.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
one time this newb was going around fighting plays thinkign they were evil people (whatever that emans lol)

and then he was fighting he was swearing a LOT because he was losing to a death student(which he thinks is evil)
after the fight he kept swearing. and said i got lucky even though the only spell he used was a snowman

i reported him like three times because he wouldn't stop then he reported me five times even when i was not dueling

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
aaronlhs2012 wrote:
I can't stand how some people think its ok to say words that when said out loud sound like cursing, I think this is a huge issue that the people over at Wizard101 need to fix before it gets worse. Just the other day I was dueling and two boys started shouting words that when i read them sounded bad and I was wondering if this is at all reportable?

the samething happened to me and a friend the other day. We were pvping a couple of boys in full pvp armor and were getting ready for what we thought would be a tough battle, when they started cussing at me. They picked me, begining the girl of the team, i am guessing. It was bad they called me names that were disrespectful to all females and when asked to plz stop they laughed and called me more names. So of course i reported them. The laughed saying they counldn't get into trouble cause they had "open chat" . It doesnt matter what type of chat you have using foul language is so not ok. To make matters worse they reported me for bad language and i did nothing of the sort. .
But an end to a horrible pvp experience is...... we beat them so bad. Us having no battle gear and still winning made them mad but it felt like a deserved win for me!