Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A question about the new chat system

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 17, 2009
I hope a moderator can answer this.

Will the new system allow 18+ accounts set on the new chat system still be able to chat with 13 to 18 yr accounts still on the current system?

This if of a concern, because when we are boss battling and a no chat wizard ports in, we have no way of directing them on what to do. This causes battles to become harder than necessary. This usually results in them being removed from our friends list. Worse yet, is when a friend ports in and a second ports in on them and they have no chat. We have no way of communicating with them or controlling who does what.

I do have faith that you have a simple solution, but I would like to know regardless.

Thank you for your time,

Valkoor Titanwraith
Grandmaster Necromancer
Soloes Kensington Park

Administrator
New 18+ Chat
will be filtered for profanity.
will see 3 colors in the chat window: white means 13+ can see it, yellow means 18+ can see it, red is filtered

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Defender
Apr 25, 2009
Oh that's very helpful actually. I thought there would be a whole separate chat, and that the 18+ people would have to use the other filter to talk with younger players. With this system you can't tell who is an adult until they start counting... :(

I would think that would be an unfair advantage to be able to count, but of course who cares about gameplay when there are children who like to give out their phone number and age to creepy strangers. *sigh*