Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Levels beyond grandmaster

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 29, 2009
conorjak7 wrote:
kobekopy86 wrote:
I've got an idea for levels beyond grandmaster.
I think that there should be ranks like rank 1 grandmaster or something. The ranks could go up to rank 10 grandmaster.
Each rank is a few levels long and at each rank, you get a higher max pips.
So a rank 1 grandmaster would have a limit of eight pips in battles, rank 2 would get nine and so on.
Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

YA that would be a awesome thing to do! but i think that in pvp even rank 10 grandmasters should only have the standered 7 pips to make the game fair.

Please stop using the word fair in attempting to undercut other school's spells. It is unfair that you continuously whine the teeth out of spells that you don't like because they beat you with it and you cannot figure out how to combat it. Don't like it, make a grand in that "privilaged" school and watch your heart be broken because all schools have strengths and weaknesses.

When I read numerous posts in this forum and at Wizard Central, I was shocked at what the Sniveling PVP Society's cries of unfairness had done to the arena. Limit pips! Get real, what a bunch of childish nonsense. Please, there is a great game for you guys called Candyland. It has a little spinner and when you get the feeling it is "unfair" you can just throw the board across the room, or maybe move the spinner a tad to the color you wanted in the first place (nobody is watching).

BTW Mr. Lincoln, what happened to that "grit your teeth and bear it" attitude you give to the crafters? Isn't it time to return "fairness" to all school spells, and tell the PVP'ers to buck up and take it like a wizard.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
All these things about being a grandmaster is boring is making me think about continuing dragonspyre. :( Joseph Hexblood lvl 42 fire master

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
I read this thread with interest and a bit of speculation but as I read more the posters for the most part used intelligent and understandable arguments, especially the original poster. I will try to do the same.

I have played WOW and several other games and was part of the expansions as they came out. Each was a disappointment. Once a new content came out much of the old was discontinued or bypassed to get to the new. This seems wrong since people are missing a part of the game that made the game what it is. So many times the old gaurd would tease the new and say things like "you missed the really good stuff" or "the original game was so much better". In each case somethng was lost.

But with Wizard101 they have something noone else has and they could use it for so many purposes. I am talking about the badges. As they add new content and the old stuff is bypassed the badges are still there for everyone to go back and get if they want. The goal of everyone is usually to level up fast so they can be top grand or whatever, then they go back and do the other stuff.

This way even with level increases everyone who wants can go back and do the old content for the badges just to say they did it. Makes the game a lot more fun and only true gamers will have all the badges to show off.

So while I think level increases are inevitable if KI uses the badges correctly the game will be better off in the long run.

Thank you
Skjuda

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
Survivor
Aug 30, 2008
well i guess we all basically know that the level cap should be raised and quizzical seriously man we all know one of they key factors of this game is leveling up if you never advanced then it wouldnt be fun without that sense of achievment so basicaly im speaking for most people on this game that are grandmastes and soon to be grandmasters the bottom line we all know it should be and will be raised

Survivor
Aug 30, 2008
kobekopy86 wrote:
I've got an idea for levels beyond grandmaster.
I think that there should be ranks like rank 1 grandmaster or something. The ranks could go up to rank 10 grandmaster.
Each rank is a few levels long and at each rank, you get a higher max pips.
So a rank 1 grandmaster would have a limit of eight pips in battles, rank 2 would get nine and so on.
Does anyone else think this is good idea?

well raising the lvl cap is gonna happen its only normal no matter what anyone says *cough cough *(guess who i talking about) but i think youre thinking to much in the grandmaster thing and a more call of duty theme is what your thinking cause adding ranks to a rank wouldnt really make sense and it just doesnt sound to "wizardly" so maybe something like warlock then high mage then elder then so on

Survivor
May 26, 2009
Daany2 wrote:
What about after Grandmaster is Professional at level 60 then at level 70 Professor and at level 80+ is Legendary
I think thats the best way to name higher levels, if there will be any at all.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
if you did make a higher rank you would have to make a new world to if not your just left with flaming chunk of rock dragon spire killing the same things over and over like when you dont subscribe all you got later on is the kraken