Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minion questions/comments

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
What level do you earn a minion? My son wants to know and I can't remember when I got mine.

Also, any chance the life minion could be improved? There are comments all over the boards about how frustrating it is to have spent 4 pips on the thing and then it keeps healing itself needlessly.

Administrator
Each school has at least one minion, here are the levels that the minions are available through a quest.

Fire - level 28
Ice - level 28
Death - level 28
Storm - level 18
Life - level 18
Balance - levels 18 and 38
Myth - levels 2, 7, 18 and 38

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Mar 10, 2009
i have a level 18 storm character
and i have not gotten the quest yet to get my minion
when will i get it would really like one

Defender
Feb 18, 2009
pchy wrote:
i have a level 18 storm character
and i have not gotten the quest yet to get my minion
when will i get it would really like one

Check your Quest Log or go talk to your teacher. They are usually the ones that send you on the quest to get your minion. Yes, you have to earn it....lol

Hope this helps,

Hunter SilverHeart

Defender
Feb 18, 2009
Professors,
Can you tell me if there's a way to get the Fire Minion to Rank up? I notice that their names say "Fire Minion--Rank 1" (or something like that) and I might be foolish to assume this but the name leads me to believe that it will Rank Up. Am I wrong? If so, why is there name like that? If not, do you have to use it ALOT to get it to Rank Up? I've used mine for almost every single battle all throughout Marleybone and Mooshu and mine has not ranked up. Do I need to teach it spells or something to get it to do more? Or is it as high as it's going to get?

I'm hoping that it does rank up and start using spells like Sunbird, Phoenix, and more but I can't seem to get it to do more than shields and the Fire Elf.

Please Help us understand

Hunter SilverHeart

Defender
Feb 07, 2009
gnreno3 wrote:
Professors,
Can you tell me if there's a way to get the Fire Minion to Rank up? I notice that their names say "Fire Minion--Rank 1" (or something like that) and I might be foolish to assume this but the name leads me to believe that it will Rank Up. Am I wrong? If so, why is there name like that? If not, do you have to use it ALOT to get it to Rank Up? I've used mine for almost every single battle all throughout Marleybone and Mooshu and mine has not ranked up. Do I need to teach it spells or something to get it to do more? Or is it as high as it's going to get?

I'm hoping that it does rank up and start using spells like Sunbird, Phoenix, and more but I can't seem to get it to do more than shields and the Fire Elf.

Please Help us understand

Hunter SilverHeart

Sorry!

Minions don't rank up. The only ones that get better ranks by using more pips is Death and Myth.

Defender
Feb 18, 2009
Then what is the point of having "Rank 1" at the end of their names? That is very misleading. I am hope you are wrong but if you are not, then they should take that off the names so it's not getting peoples hopes up.

No offense, but I do hope your wrong......ugh....

Hunter SilverHeart

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
your pets will not Rank up...

I am a myth wizard and my pets do not rank up..

All your pets will say Rank 1.. It is apart of the game to have NPC's(non player characters) to have a rank attached to there name..

It is rather disapointing spending 4 pips on a cyclops and its still rank 1.. or making a minotaur.. but it does make sense.. you minions are weak alone but with your help and guidance they shine.... makes me feel the master and them the minion doing my bidding....

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
I was thinking the same way that the minions would rank up or get more hp as you yourself got up in level. I have a lvl 20 Myth and know that the level 4 Cyclops has over 500 health 575 I think to be exact. That is fine and you have Myth minion buff cards to help. I also have a level 20 Balance and got my lvl 18 minion and was a little disappointed to see that it has only 300 health and for only 3 pips to call. I think that is fine for Wizard City but when you start getting into the big leagues with the other worlds than 300 hp does not cut it and to get the other minion at level 38 for Balance the 300 hp for the Mander minion does not quite do it until then. I understand that they are just minions but they should be able to last more than one hit in a battle. My Mander was taken out with one hit from an enemy, my Cyclops lasts longer in battle. I know that sometimes it is hard to find your friends on-line and you need help with a boss and there is not always someone around to help and you have a minion like the Mander that has 300 hp and not much good he does to withstand damage from a spell that does over 300 points of damage. I know that you can buff pets and heal them but when their shields are down and the healing is done and you are in a long battle and your minions AI is stuck on protecting you and not helping fight than it does not help to have a minion at 300 hp points almost not worth having a minion at that level anyways.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
monscrot wrote:
your pets will not Rank up...

I am a myth wizard and my pets do not rank up..

All your pets will say Rank 1.. It is apart of the game to have NPC's(non player characters) to have a rank attached to there name..

It is rather disapointing spending 4 pips on a cyclops and its still rank 1.. or making a minotaur.. but it does make sense.. you minions are weak alone but with your help and guidance they shine.... makes me feel the master and them the minion doing my bidding....

8)
I'm close to my Minotaur; so I know about this one ...

Their Rank might not increase as you use more and more Pips; but their Total Life, range of usable Spells, and basic intelligence does. "Rank Up" in this case means (to me at least) their usefulness in battle. Currently, thanx to a Balance Staff that gives an extra starting-Pip, and my high Power Pip rate, I routinely get a four Pip Cyclops by second turn. And since he uses Spells like Storm Shark, Cyclops, and (once only, mind you!) even a Minotaur, I prefer him over most Players, since he actually IS on my side in a battle....

Hope that clears up any confusion.... or at least creates enough to make anyone reading this think harder....

Danial DragonSinger (Myth 34, Dragon Pet, "Zeus")
8)