Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crowns and a Subscription??

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 07, 2009
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if I subscribe to the game do I still have a need to buy crowns? I have read that the crowns are used for buying certain items, will i still have to buy crowns to get those or will i be able to use gold once i subscribe? Thanks in advance.

Gadget

Defender
Jan 20, 2009
All of the items available for crowns are also available in the shopping district of each respective world. The only thing you would need crowns for after subscribing is to refund your training points.

Defender
Dec 31, 2008
You do not have to buy crowns if you subscribe. There is good gear for wizards of every level available for in-game gold or as drops from the monsters you will battle. The gear you can buy with crowns in some cases has better stats, but you can certainly be successful with non-crown gear. Some crown gear can also be purchased for in-game gold.

Explorer
May 22, 2008
A subscription only gives you access to the rest of the worlds in Wizard101 (Krokotopia, Marleybone, MooShu, Dragonspyre, and any other future worlds).

Some UNNECCESSARY, ADDITIONAL items are sold for CROWNS, which do not come with your subscription. The majority of these items can be purchased with gold, although it's a rather hefty price.

Survivor
Nov 08, 2008
gadgetkk wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if I subscribe to the game do I still have a need to buy crowns? I have read that the crowns are used for buying certain items, will i still have to buy crowns to get those or will i be able to use gold once i subscribe? Thanks in advance.

Gadget

no not really i have a subscription and if you want you can buy crowns when you set up your subscription but it costs a little bit more money depending on how many crowns you picked and when you get to be a member you can go through fun places like fire cat alley, cyclops lane, colossus lane, krokatopia, marleybone, mooshu, and dragonspyre i hope you have fun if you get to be a member bye!!!

P.S. i hope i see you at wizardcity!!! (lvl 50 grandmaster, life, cloths: green, badge: savoir of the spiral, pet:satyr.

Survivor
May 02, 2009
You will have access to all of the areas in the game, but you will still have to purchase crowns separatly. You also don't get any crowns when you subscribe.

Crowns and a subscription are totally separate subjects. The only way they relate is that you can buy crowns to spend in game to gain access to areas where you would normally need a subscription to wonder.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
No, once you buy a subscription, you can survive without Crowns. On the other hand, I do like to have a few crowns to play with...err, my characters like to have an expense account.

For example, at level 15 you can buy a house, but you aren't close in coins yet...easy, convert crowns to cash.

I hit a Boss I just can't handle alone, but I'm on only at night when everything is Perfect...Crown clothes.

Etc.

Not needed, but.....another avenue to explore.