Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More than 30 spells?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
I've been playing a while & I noticed that w/ each world a new deck was available (assuming you reached a particular level) that had more slots for spells... I'm now at a point where I have way more spells than I have room for...but so far (I've gotten as far as Marleybone) I've seen no decks that offer space for more than 30 spells... have I just not progressed far enough to get a bigger deck, or do they all max out at 30 & to use the more powerful spells I have to buy a new deck & include those cards (discarding some of the weaker ones that I still like using) and switch to it?

Defender
Jan 20, 2009
The decks do indeed get bigger as you progress to MooShu and Dragonspyre. You will probably find, however, that having a smaller deck will be more efficient in terms of playing. If you consider the probability of drawing any one spell in a large deck vs. a small deck, you will get the spells you need more often by having a smaller deck.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
When I was running around with 25 spell deck I recieved a 30 spell deck off of a mob drop while in Krok.

Recently I recieved 35 spell deck as a drop after completing a quest in marley-sorry don't remember which quest.

As stated earlier, with my new deck I tend to discard quite a bit or pass so I can get and use a card I need.

I have actually been building decks depending on my needs. One deck for my prime magic class, one for my secondary, one for duels, etc.