Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

compatibility issues with the new update.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
My computer runs on Windows 7 64 bit-version. With the new update , when i start tp play wizards a post pops up saying the

"The program or feature 1013817778.exe can not start or run due to incompatiblity with 64-bits version of windows. please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version
is available."

is anyone having this problem as well.

I can still play Wizard 101 with no apparent issues. but i get that pop-up each time i want to log on.

Administrator
Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
Professor Greyrose wrote:

Do you have any more information on the 1013817778.exe executable and where it is located?

first thank you for your response.

ok it is located in

C:\programdata\KingsIsle Entertainment\wizard101\PatchClient\Bank B\1013817778.exe and it lists it as an appilication also it lists the date modified as 8/7/2012 4:19 AM

if you need more information please let me know.

And as i said before other than the pop up i can still play the game as normal with no new noticable issues .

Defender
May 19, 2012
The same message popped up for me this morning right after the update, but when I tried again, the game opened up fine.

Administrator
Thank you both for the information, this will definitely help us. I just have a couple of followup questions.

1. Are you seeing this on the Test Realm or the Live Game or both?
2. We'd like to evaluate your dxdiags
A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of your computer hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.
3. Are you launching Wizard101 from the desktop icon directly?

Please feel free to follow up this conversation through email to community@wizard101.com and we'll work with you individually.

Thank you again!
~Lydia

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jul 07, 2011
I have the same issue. Two days ago I installed (and removed) test realm.

Anyway, may I send my dxdiag.txt? :)

Administrator
Thank you all!

We have identified this issue thanks to all your information and help! This file was related to switching the game launcher to our 'game maintenance' messages.

Players that are currently experiencing this problem can deleted the referenced file or uninstall and then re-install Wizard to resolve the issue.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Thank you all!

We have identified this issue thanks to all your information and help! This file was related to switching the game launcher to our 'game maintenance' messages.

Players that are currently experiencing this problem can deleted the referenced file or uninstall and then re-install Wizard to resolve the issue.

you are most welcome. :)

also just now when i click on the Wizard101 starter program no more pop up of that incompatibility notice is seen. just the regular start up program.