Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New wizard not getting first spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 05, 2012
Hello, I have a level 80 fire wizard and am trying to make a new storm wizard.
When she comes out of training she get's no first spells, only wand spells.
I have tried deleting and starting over. Tried with and without the tutorial
with the same results. I have tried 5 times now. Has anyone else had this
problem?

Survivor
Jun 19, 2012
I've been having the same problem too. I've tried the same things; with and without the tutorial and even changing the character entirely to see if that would help. I even tried making a Myth wizard and the same thing happened with him too!

Explorer
Jan 14, 2011
Uh huh. Just made a new fire wizard. Only wand spells. This needs to be fixed. By the way, I did not like it when a wizards first wand was changed from the first spells of all the schools to wand flares. No. Change it back. Wand flares are useful once you've actually learned a few spells, but before that, U-S-E-L-E-S-S. Yet again, I repeat, change... it... back.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
It would appear that now when you make a new wizard you must go see your teacher for your first 1 pip spell. I recently made a new wizard and found just wands and my first spell was waiting for me at my school.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2011
Same here. I have a level 38 fire wiizard and I felt like creating a death wizard just for the heck of it. After the battle with the draconians, I only had wand spells!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I just tried this myself and can confirm the first spell is not showing up with the Starter Deck. I had to fight the Lost Souls with only wand attacks. I didn't further test how long it took to get the first spell, but by level 2 I still didn't have it.

Also, I was unable to skip the tutorial.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2012
I just made a new death wizard today, and I had the same problem. Also, the title of my my deck is "Starter Deck", yet it has thirteen available slots for spells. Doesn't the Starter Deck onnly have like, seven slots? :?