Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Astral Spells and other Magic

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
Hi there. I been a player who left but decided to come back. I have missed Wizard101 . I have a question reguarding the new Astral Spells. I really am liking the spells from what I read but no where near ready to use them.

I'd like to ask which schools of magic work best with each Astral Spell. I mean can we use all 3 Astral schools of magic? Sun, Moon, AND Stars, or just one? And if so, which Astral Spells work best with each school. For example, my highest character is a lvl 30 Pyromancer. Would I use Sun, or Star magic more for that class?

If anyone can give me some direction, I would be very grateful. Thank you.

Zachary

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Zaber1 wrote:
Hi there. I been a player who left but decided to come back. I have missed Wizard101 . I have a question reguarding the new Astral Spells. I really am liking the spells from what I read but no where near ready to use them.

I'd like to ask which schools of magic work best with each Astral Spell. I mean can we use all 3 Astral schools of magic? Sun, Moon, AND Stars, or just one? And if so, which Astral Spells work best with each school. For example, my highest character is a lvl 30 Pyromancer. Would I use Sun, or Star magic more for that class?

If anyone can give me some direction, I would be very grateful. Thank you.

Zachary

First, in order to train these spells your going to have to attain more levels. I believe level 50 is the first level for training the basic astral spells.

Second, you can train in all three, but you are still limited in the amount of total training points you have. Some astral schools have required spells that have to be purchased before others, so you will drain some significant training points for the higher tier spells.

Finally, which astral works best with Fire? You should probably read the spell descriptions at Wizard101Central for a feel of what best suites your play style. Some people like Moon school because you have the ability to become any other school type, but it suffers from stat degradation at higher levels. Star school has some use, but most people don't need to max all Star spells, because you can only have one aura up at a time. Most players all have some type of Sun spell trained. However, Sun is one of those schools that will eat up your training points the higher you go.

From my experience, most players train all the Sun spells, one or two Star spells and hardly any Moon spells (this goes for all schools).