Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire school minion

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 09, 2009
Hi Im a lvl 29 fire guy and I was wondering about getting a minion. I dont remember getting a quest from my trainer...is the minion a spell? Where is the quest?

Thanks

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
You should have received a quest from your trainer at level 28. You will have to talk to a lot of people before eventually fighting a boss in Chelsea Court.

Look through your Quest log to see if any of the quests have a card as the reward.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Once you reach level 28, you should get the quest Burning Books, which gives you the minion. That quest is the game's way of telling fire wizards, you really should learn how to use shields if you haven't yet.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
wpaka wrote:
Hi Im a lvl 29 fire guy and I was wondering about getting a minion. I dont remember getting a quest from my trainer...is the minion a spell? Where is the quest?

Thanks

8)

Ok, you should have got a prompt from your School's Professor back at lv28, and given a Quest with a Spell as part of the Reward. And Yes; All Minions are Spells, though different School get them at different levels. Life and Storm get theirs at level 18, while Fire and Ice get theirs at level 28.

Hope that helps; and if you didn't get the Quest, you might want to let "the stork" know there's a problem. He's good at sorting these thing out...

Scarlet SkullHammer (Death 37, Black Cat Pet, "Shadow")

8)

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
Quizzical wrote:
Once you reach level 28, you should get the quest Burning Books, which gives you the minion. That quest is the game's way of telling fire wizards, you really should learn how to use shields if you haven't yet.

do you mean the elemental uses your shields idk really no how it teaches you

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Alex1646 wrote:
Quizzical wrote:

do you mean the elemental uses your shields idk really no how it teaches you

If you haven't figured out how to use shields yet, when you go to do that quest, you'll die. And then you can run back and try again, but you'll die again. Killing two bosses at once solo, each with at least 1000 HP, while you're only level 28 yourself, is hard enough that if you don't use shields, you'll die.

The hardest of the level 28 class quests is the fire one, though the myth one isn't much easier.