Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

You people are insane or out of your minds.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
KingsIsle Entertainment,

Your crafting has alot to be desirded let me tell you. Your cooldown timers are way out there for one. you have a 4 hour plus on a very low level items. that is insane my child is very upset with me ... me becasue of you guys making something that should be very simple overly hard for a child. this is a game for kids RIGHT ? also its take them so long to find the items to craft with whats up with that??? umm i thoght this was to be a fun game. humm!!! im sorry i dont see the fun in any of that at all !!!!

i will not let my kids play this game any more!!
also im going to go to my kids school and let them know how this game casues stress to my kids and me. and that they should tell others know how stressful this game can be to kids.

Administrator
Thank you for your input and I'm sorry you feel that way but Crafting isn't for everyone.

Some parts of Wizard101 are meant to be a challenge, meant to take time and patience and to teach both patience and resource management. If your child is unhappy with Crafting, then there are many other aspects to Wizard101 in which they can participate.

Crafting, like Gardening and Player vs Player combat, is optional and not a required part of progressing through the game.

community@wizard101.com
Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Hi@Merlin41,

If I may ask, how old is your child? The reason I ask is that neither of my children enjoy crafting; the eldest isn't willing to take the time, the youngest isn't yet capable of the level of thought, organization, and planning required to beyond Krokotopia.

Otherwise, I would encourage you to play W101 with your child, help him or her learn about the environment, gauge her/his tolerance for the level of stimulation in battle, and then determine a set of rules to decrease the amount of stress the child is experiencing.

In my seasoned experience, a wound up child is one who has had too much time in-game, who is frustrated because s/he doesn't understand how to progress through quests, and who isn't clear about how to take control of the situation.

I do hope you will reconsider leaving the Great Spiral.

Warmest Regards,

Qbb/Iridian Shadowweaver

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
merlyn41 wrote:
KingsIsle Entertainment,

Your crafting has a lot to be desired let me tell you. Your cool down timers are way out there for one. you have a 4 hour plus on a very low level items. that is insane my child is very upset with me ... me because of you guys making something that should be very simple overly hard for a child. this is a game for kids RIGHT ? also its take them so long to find the items to craft with whats up with that??? umm i thought this was to be a fun game. humm!!! im sorry i dont see the fun in any of that at all !!!!

i will not let my kids play this game any more!!
also im going to go to my kids school and let them know how this game causes stress to my kids and me. and that they should tell others know how stressful this game can be to kids.

I suggest you pass on this as your argument - this game is for kids up until the end of maybe Marleybone - even that is a stretch for younger kids because of the lack of being able to get around with out extra battles, they become frustrated and stop playing the game, past that into Mooshu the rest drop off when they have to start factoring in gear, deck construction etc. Of the several young friends, all under 15, I made with my kids when we first started the game, all but one dropped out by mid Mooshu, the one left made it to Celestia but quit shortly after.

Crafting becomes impossible for younger children to do, I would not call it a challenge really, it becomes above their ability to complete. Mooshu for us became the great divide. Personally I have one wizard on each account that I agonized with crafting with so I can craft the level 56 gear in Wintertusk. In the end you will find this game is for kids if you play their wizard for them or use your wizard to help them all the way though the game - if you go that route make yours a life one I suggest.

Defender
May 24, 2012
I can see how a mom could get frustrated with her frustrated child. I'm only a level 26 Pyromancer and all the wardrobe changes and different knives and rings and neck pieces that I have to consider to be at my strongest sometimes makes me want to take a break. I've just been learning, in the past 3 levels, better timing in a duel, ie; when to pass to build up my strength. A child would not want to do that and not understand it. I have been crafting because I figured out I can make things I need in addition to buying them. I've also been gardening. My dandelions crack me up! But it's nice to be able to go "home" to get away from all the challenges. I agree with queenly. Just turning your child loose in this game will lead to stress. I can see that it was meant to be played parent/child. It's unfortunate that a mom would think she has to warn the whole school. Other parents are allowed to make their own judgements. It's a great game.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
The game isn't just for kids, and crafting just like gardening isn't for everyone. I don't do either for the most part. It's a waste of resources and time for me. Others I know enjoy it. Don't yell at KI; just play the game and enjoy.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
How old is your child? Crafting is hard and takes time and patience. I'm sure its meant for the older crowd, and for the higher levels. It is also completley optional, so I dont see how it should affect your opinion on the whole entire game. I didnt start crafting until I got to Celestia, and thats only because I wanted to craft a house. Crafting isnt for everyone, please Chill.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Crafting, stressful? Never!

Right...

I'm in my mid-20s and still couldn't wrap my head around it~ as if the grandmaster artisan quest wasn't enough, the legendary one totally crossed the line. I have one wizard who's a legendary artisan~ I'm not putting myself through that more than once.

I understand how a frustrated child could frustrate parents as well... I have a toddler nephew, and I've seen how my sister bristles when he gets upset with his toys and starts throwing them around... That said, the OP is overreacting. There's no need to "inform" the school~ the game's rating is E10; therefore, if your child is under 10 years old, s/he should not be playing alone, if at all.

The only way it's "stressful" is if you (and/or your child) spend too much time in-game. When the grinding becomes too much, and it's no longer fun, take a break and do something else~ find another game, play outside together, talk about your day at work/school... that's how most of us roll.

-El Veeb