Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Amber, Please Listen to Your Community!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
in my opinion it will back fire, along with myself, I have several friends that frustrated and ready to just throw in the towel and quit the game all together.I understand things being rare but this situation ranks right up there with impossible, its not even fun anymore since you spend all the time you have in the game trying to farm for something thats just not happening

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
I too have 5 wizards havesting king parsley (kp), red bell peppers,etc for amber and . not one yet .. the kp is a huge garden and with several wizards and nothing - did kingilse forget to convert the old seeds of kp that I have before amber existed to convert them so they too could give amber .. nothing - not one amber ... most diapointing ... need to find another game to play .. too frustrating

Survivor
Feb 13, 2012
First post on the crafting forum but had to have a vent with all the soul mates in this thread. I'm not new to crafting, I've paid my dues and done realm shift reagent runs for hours in the middle of the night. My first house was the Grizzleheim crafted and I just finished my Observatory. I happily exchanged those awful viking horns for the nun look on my Avalon crafted hat.

But now there are those lovely enticing new spells that require a bright brown ball of amber. So, I roll up my virtual sleeves and put in beds of parsley and red peppers and white tiger lilies when I finally got some from the bazaar. No sense wasting energy so my beds fill the big gardening spell radius - 32 medium plots, a few less on the bed with 9 small plots for the lilies. I read that KI was increasing the drop rate of amber so, thus encouraged, I set about my gardening with good will and resolution. Three elder harvests of parsley and red pepper later, I had yet to see a single amber. I was annoyed and started counting the elder harvests of so-called amber-dropping plants. I'm at over 150 more elder harvests (probably missed a few) and - woohoo! - I just received an amber. One. Numero uno. It's been more than a month and ONE amber? I've spent well over a hundred thousand gold at bazaar on red peppers and tiger lilies and stuffed those plus the blessedly seed-giving parsley into the ground with reckless abandon. I've logged in at very inconvenient hours to tend those difficult white tigers that take 2 weeks to elder harvest. I've gone from disheartened to discouraged to downright mad.

So, let me reiterate the point made by others in this thread: AMBER DROPS ARE ABSURDLY LOW. The transmute recipe for it is ridiculously high so that isn't a reasonable alternative. Did KI really increase the drop rate? If so, how bad was it before?

Defender
Jul 06, 2011
theres a solution at least to the tag game crafting part of your problem. stop trying to craft it. this thing is pretty much worthless. it may be fun to play for a while, but i discovered a glitch in the gobbler tag game. if the owner stops the game, everyone playing except the owner will stop in place and wont be able to move. they cant port either. so as an owner of the tag gamei would suggest not to try and get it cause it's not that fun unless ya just want to play fire elf tag. another solution is to try to get it from the emperors attack pack.

Survivor
Oct 22, 2011
I've been farming king parsley on an industrial basis with 2 full max-sized plots going. One has cycled twice, the other maybe 4 times, for around 190-200 harvests and I've gotten 8 amber so far, so its doable. Also gotten about 50 sunstones, 60-70 aether, 110+ diamonds and 250k+ in junk pet snacks to vendor, and gone from lvl 11 to 13.5 gardener, so its worthwhile.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
VariaVespasa on Nov 17, 2012 wrote:
I've been farming king parsley on an industrial basis with 2 full max-sized plots going. One has cycled twice, the other maybe 4 times, for around 190-200 harvests and I've gotten 8 amber so far, so its doable. Also gotten about 50 sunstones, 60-70 aether, 110+ diamonds and 250k+ in junk pet snacks to vendor, and gone from lvl 11 to 13.5 gardener, so its worthwhile.
That may be the case now, but please consider the time of other people's posts and when you posted. At that time, Amber drops for any plant was crazy low, but around November (when Azteca went live), KI said that they slightly increased Amber drops from plants, and that could be the reason why you have so much Amber and Sunstone now.

On another note, it looks like I'm going to be moving on to King Parsleys for my Amber needs when I finish planting and harvesting my Red Bell Peppers!

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
VariaVespasa on Nov 17, 2012 wrote:
Sounds pretty extreme to have to develop a virtual farming enterprise to get some reagents for a kids game that is supposed to be focused on magic stuff. I understand game challenges and making some things difficult... but is this sticking to the theme of Wizardry?? Obviously Varia is not a 12yo kid.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
YAY i planted about 150 KP (king parsley) and i have received one amber. took about 4-5 months. at this rate i should be done by 2015 TY so much KI (sarcasm)

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
TheDarkestMask wrote:
Diamonds were at least a rare chance from ore which is pretty much everywhere, black pearls and golden pearls could be easily farmed for in the Lunarium, Amber can only be farmed for in gardening which I have always considered seperate from crafting although luckily I trained my death in both. Others on the other hand will have such a hard time trying to craft these spells that the only spells I see that are worth trying to get are the myth and death ones. The myth of course will probably be farmed for but the death one has to be crafted and is a 5 pip AoE thats not steal health and many can see how valuable this spell really is in PvP and PvE. You need an alternative way to make amber.
Diamonds are not really as rare as you would think, but as for amber, for white tiger lillies the drop rate would be around 8%. Please excuse me if I am mistaken.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
Chance at amber isn't that bad. I'm not saying it is easy to get. It isn't, it is a pain in the neck. But they have given us multiple ways, gardening and transmutation.

It's not like trying to get the rare loot on an old MMO. Where there was only one way of getting it, one thing dropped it and it only spawned once a week at a particular time and you had to compete against 50 people to get it.