Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Recent system down history

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
I am not sure if I am posting in the correct area, but I would like to inquire about the recent events of the system being down for what I believe is like 3 days in a row?

I am a pm shift worker in California. So the past few nights, I have been coming home to find that I can not enjoy the game that I pay just like everyone else b/c of work needing done on the system. So I guess what I am asking, is, why has this been necessary so often in such a short span of time. I feel like I and folk like me, are being penalized for something.

Now, I do realize that the time I get home is probably your least populated time, which is why you chose that time to take it down. I guess I just want someone aware, that I feel like i and people like me are being penalized, not being able to play for such a span of time.

Just wanted to vent and be heard.

Batina

Survivor
Oct 11, 2008
Batina,

The wizard101 game has been down for a an hour or so at a time, but i do not think it has ever been down like that three days in a row. I suggest that you look into your internet, as that may be the source of the problem. Good luck!

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
Actually, just this past week, KI has sent messages of being down and has also done their 15 minute count down to shut down as well. I am west coast, so this happens around 1am my time. and lasts till about 3am my time. I usually am heading to bed about 4am. So effectively, that cuts off my game play for 2 hours after I am getting off of work. Major bummer for me, since that is how I unwind before bed.

I think basically I really would like more of an explanation as to why they are doing the shut down, and maybe either what is wrong, or what they are adding. They are usually pretty good about telling us if they are adding, so really it is just having to come home and yes it was 3 nights in a row, that they shut down, and not being able to play for the few hours before bed.

That is all really, I was frustrated, and felt like I was being denied. And again, I know that the time frame is when the least amount of folks are on, so it is the best time frame to shut down, but being that is the main time frame I am able to be online... meh.

Batina

Survivor
Oct 11, 2008
While yes, this is to do with the time and ammount of players, they are usually not adding anything. Mostly just pathcing minior bugs etc... Hopefully they will stop soon and your gaming will go on. Good luck, have fun in the spiral