Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Goat Monk Spell - Crafting Recipe Unfair

AuthorMessage
Hero
May 27, 2009
Hello - I purchased the Goat Monk spell recipe from Toshio in Mooshu on my Legendary Artisan Life wizard. I have all of the reagents needed to craft this spell except the Goat Monk treasure cards and the Amber. Goat Monk treasure cards are practically nonexistent. Amber is practically nonexistent, and NO AUCTION to boot.

Ninja Pig treasure cards drop almost everywhere in Mooshu and can easily be found at the Bazaar. Samoorai treasure cards drop from Jade Oni and Mika Skarka, and can also be found at the Bazaar (and only 6 are needed for that spell recipe!).

Goat Monk Treasure Cards must be obtained from the Ninja Lore Hoard Pack??? This is totally unfair to Life wizards/crafters. Can someone explain why this spell should be singled out to be impossible to craft without spending crowns?

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Just farm for the dropped spell, but I do agree, at least a FEW bosses should drop the treasure card.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well, let's see, you can farm the Bazaar for the Goat Monk treasure cards, I have seen them there, every now and then.

I have gotten them as rare drops in bosses in Mooshu, so you can farm Bosses.

As far as Amber is concerned, you have to garden to get this very rare reagent.

You can also just farm for the spell drop.

You can just buy the packs and try and get the spells.

Nothing good is easy or free, so I don't quite see how this is so unfair.

Hero
May 27, 2009
Thank you, Ronster, but the point is the spell is SUPPOSED to be craftable. I don't WANT to farm for it.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Willowdreamer wrote:
Thank you, Ronster, but the point is the spell is SUPPOSED to be craftable. I don't WANT to farm for it.

It is craftable, but craftable does not equal easier than farming. KI made both specifically to be hard, so it would never be an easy alternative to simply spending Crowns and attempting to get them in a hoard pack.

Defender
Jul 06, 2010
Too true, I craft a lot and enjoy the challenge. I know i'm a sadistic, twisted individual. lol

Hero
May 27, 2009
Upon hearing that the Goat Monk Treasure cards were supposed to be dropped by Zanecki and Infected Villagers, several of us have spent some time farming for these cards -- to no avail. Not a single Goat Monk has been seen other than the Ninja Hoard pack ones. This is seriously unfair compared to Ninja Pigs and Samoorai. Why pick this ONE spell to be SO difficult?

Survivor
Jun 03, 2010
Willowdreamer wrote:
Upon hearing that the Goat Monk Treasure cards were supposed to be dropped by Zanecki and Infected Villagers, several of us have spent some time farming for these cards -- to no avail. Not a single Goat Monk has been seen other than the Ninja Hoard pack ones. This is seriously unfair compared to Ninja Pigs and Samoorai. Why pick this ONE spell to be SO difficult?

Seems as if KI wants us to buy alot of packs latley - now new spell has to be crafted came across it at indigo giant in Dun Dura Deer Knight 60000 in gold for recipe reqires treasure card drops - and amber (new reagent) only from gardening and no doubt they'll be crown plants so more packs if you want to craft lvl 80 Death Wiz Legeandary Crafter

Explorer
Jan 18, 2010
I have gotten at least 2 goat monks from questing in mooshu and i was not even trying to get them the infected villagers does drop them, and i think i got one from plague oni to.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Just wondering lets say you craft the goat monk spell on your death is it possible to transfer it on your life or is it just stuck on the death permanently?

Explorer
Jan 18, 2010
KennethWildeyes wrote:
Willowdreamer wrote:

Seems as if KI wants us to buy alot of packs latley - now new spell has to be crafted came across it at indigo giant in Dun Dura Deer Knight 60000 in gold for recipe reqires treasure card drops - and amber (new reagent) only from gardening and no doubt they'll be crown plants so more packs if you want to craft lvl 80 Death Wiz Legeandary Crafter

you do realize just about every crown plant can get from drop now.

Defender
Aug 26, 2010
TheDarkestMask wrote:
Just wondering lets say you craft the goat monk spell on your death is it possible to transfer it on your life or is it just stuck on the death permanently?

The wizard that crafts the spell gets the spell, it's non-transferable.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Honestly if we could still trade enhanced cards I would make you some but that is a no go.

And you are right, in their rush to produce cards they placed a 60000 gold price on the craft recipe then made it so that the ALL the regents are new. Which isnt a bad thing UNLESS the new regents are all left to lucky.

I have been planting, and I have been farming for cards and I have trolling the bazaar. Its not likely that I would find one to auction because they are so rare still.

I like the idea of having crafted spells but really this is too much. It was hard enough to get my wizards to the level. NOW you want me to hunt down the ingredients. Come on! Are you TRYING to make this useless?

I am not saying i want you to give us the spell, however when I said it was smarmy of you to sell it like a prize in on a slot machine. It is equally smary to then take the spell offer it to all and then tell them they have to buy packs to get the reqents. I am starting to hate these packs.

All they have done is made being sucessful on this game a costly prospect, and made beggers and thieves of the lover levels. I have already made it so my son has to be mute and have no access to trade so he isnt talked out of his cards (like the 8 year old he is) granted that is not your fault but if you set the flow and mindset of this community but allowing the crime then blaming the victim for not being smart enough to know the scam. Well I'd say you had a hand in the outcome.

I am starting to feel robbed and from reading the post more and more are. i am glad you at least made it so that you dont have to fight a boss in Dun Dora to see or purchase the spell anymore.

Now either change the ingredients to something WE CAN AQUIRE without making it into the easter egg hunt in which one must pay first only to find out that its not there. Its deceptive and a little like a shell game.

This game was about fighting the bad guys and saving the spiral. Why has it become more about how we can spend our money.

Dont force us to buy all these things just for one spell. oh and again why are there no fire spells to craft? Just asking it seems odd.

Please do something about this. Or I have purchased my last crown. Look my account up and note that it would be a lost. And I will tell all those "friends" I know to do the same. It is so easy to boycott this place since we dont have to play and wont till you start acting like you appreciate that we ARE PAYING. And we are not morons who simply like to give our money away to a company that does not listen to logic.

Someone or some people in your company is leading you wrong. That is apparent, but here's a little hint, you pay them and I pay you. In the case when we stop spending my money you are all gonna look for another job I will not.

And I do not plan to play pirate 101 if i am completely offended by how we are being treated here and I am.

You have been choosing to weaken the higher levels with what you offer us in gear after level 60 and now we dont get a new spell we have to make it. And not with normal regents but one we have to buy grow or farm for.

Ok but then make the regents common, stop milking us by forcing us to invest major time and resources to do so.

Seriously tired of the slowly declining sense of fun, and the constant need to make us buy something new. Somebody please do something I would rather not go but I can keep spending money on this game without any clear reward, this a not the best economic times for you to fleece us.

In if I have said this too harshly I apologize for the tone but I meant every word. This is not fun.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Sojourna wrote:
Seriously tired of the slowly declining sense of fun, and the constant need to make us buy something new. Somebody please do something I would rather not go but I can keep spending money on this game without any clear reward, this a not the best economic times for you to fleece us.

In if I have said this too harshly I apologize for the tone but I meant every word. This is not fun.

Sojourna, you have been playing this game for quite some time and this is certainly not the first post you have expressed frustrations in playing this game. For some time now you have complained about the money and time required to play this game, but you have stayed with it the whole time. Are you "sticking through it," hoping for something to change? It seems playing this game is not worth it and is unnecessary frusrations to continue to do so?

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/22440.ftl#119861

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/8716.ftl#42971

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/29953.ftl#163089

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/28749.ftl#157252

You once described yourself as a devoted player and seemed happy to play the game. Is this no longer the case? Just wondering if it is something more than just the crafted cards.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/25/38749.ftl#222933

Survivor
Nov 09, 2011
Wow you are trying to say she is the bad guy and discredit her name! Shame on you! We are not stupid! Wizard is always looking for a way to rob our money and exploit us. Don't think we haven't been PAYING attention!

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
sweettaffey wrote:
Wow you are trying to say she is the bad guy and discredit her name! Shame on you! We are not stupid! Wizard is always looking for a way to rob our money and exploit us. Don't think we haven't been PAYING attention!

Are you insane??? No they arent! If they were these spells would be crowns only!

Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
I have been trying to get the spell lately and I want to know if it is still possible to get the spell as a drop.

Mark Wild Cloud Archmage life wizard

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
flameone14 wrote:
I have been trying to get the spell lately and I want to know if it is still possible to get the spell as a drop.

Mark Wild Cloud Archmage life wizard

*Hint hint* There is a goat boss in shiritaki temple ;)

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
I have been trying to craft the spells for a long time, i finally got them! :D working on elemental cards, like catalan, and handsome formorie and the wildfire treant. 0

Explorer
Jan 16, 2012
Sojourna,

I read through your post. I understand your frustration. I am saddened that this game seems unfair to many, as it is so fun. What is disturbing to me is how painful your words are to read. I would hope KingsIsle would have a more private conversation with your case as it seems too brash for a public message board.

As a responsible adult or more experienced blogger, I would hope in the future you can exercise more positive messages so people feel more uplifted reading your words.

-Joseph Icebringer

Survivor
May 30, 2012
Omahaguy1979 wrote:
Sojourna,

I read through your post. I understand your frustration. I am saddened that this game seems unfair to many, as it is so fun. What is disturbing to me is how painful your words are to read. I would hope KingsIsle would have a more private conversation with your case as it seems too brash for a public message board.

As a responsible adult or more experienced blogger, I would hope in the future you can exercise more positive messages so people feel more uplifted reading your words.

-Joseph Icebringer

I second what Joseph has stated about the way KI has responded to Sojourna's post. It seemed to me a bit patronizing and unprofessional which was a disappointment. I must also admit that while I do agree with Sojourna that many of the required processes to make gains in this game seem a bit excessive and that I too feel kind of manipulated at times, I also realize that as consumers we have choices - to play or not to play, to spend or not to spend - and although I may cringe a little each time I purchase another 60,000 Crowns I know that this is my choice and no one is making me do it. The product I am buying has in no way been misrepresented to me, so whether or not it seems "fair" is kind of beside the point. KingsIsle is a business, a smart and thriving one, and will continue to be as long as they are listening to the voices of the customers and keeping it a fun and positive experience!

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
You guys do realize this spell is dropped from **spoiler removed** Temple, right? All you need to do is farm him to get it. Plus, you also have the chance to get the Samoorai spell from the first boss in the dungeon :D

Professor Greyrose wrote:Please refrain from posting spoilers, instead point to the fansite that has that information

Survivor
Jul 27, 2008
I Actually got the Goat Monk Defeating one of the Oni's not the Main Jade Oni but i believe it was death Oni i believe it is a dungeon. you should check it out !

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Crafting a spell should be hard. It took me forever to get all the reagents for the deer knight spell, now I am working on getting everything for another spell. Do I like planting 1000s of red bell peppers and white tiger lillies? No, but ya gots ta do what ya gots ta do to get the job done.

Ellie
Ps on my myth gal, I was helping my daughter out in Mooshu and got the goat monk spell. So it can be done.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Mythh Legendd on Oct 21, 2012 wrote:
I Actually got the Goat Monk Defeating one of the Oni's not the Main Jade Oni but i believe it was death Oni i believe it is a dungeon. you should check it out !
Sorry to break it to ya, but I believe that is wrong.. Screenshot verification please? (On wizard101central.com preferably)
It's at a different instance. Not spoiling.