Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Where is the Amber?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 05, 2009
Ronster55 wrote:
AvonteH wrote:
Yes well we know that white tiger lilly gives it the best, but the problem is not gardening, it it is getting the plant. I have been farming bosses that drop the plant for weeks now and I have gotten not a single plant from them. I have done waterworks and other dungeons for the transmute spell but I get nothing at all and I think I do waterworks about three times a day to no avail. I will never be able to get my deer knight spell and I buy crowns and a monthly membership I dont even want to play anymore because I am so frustrated. At least give us crown players a new pack in the store that will let us get amber and vines for our spells plz on behalf of every needed player professor greyrose were begging you. :(

True, thats why kind parsley is here ;D
But yes, I would like to see the drop rates of everything increased. (I have only 1 merle's whisker, I would have 999, but Ambrose wont let me rip at his beard)
haha yea i wish i could take them from him too but the king parsley dosent give amber either i have a lot of those also i just need it to be easier for us to buy them

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
AvonteH wrote:
Ronster55 wrote:
AvonteH wrote:
Yes well we know that white tiger lilly gives it the best, but the problem is not gardening, it it is getting the plant. I have been farming bosses that drop the plant for weeks now and I have gotten not a single plant from them. I have done waterworks and other dungeons for the transmute spell but I get nothing at all and I think I do waterworks about three times a day to no avail. I will never be able to get my deer knight spell and I buy crowns and a monthly membership I dont even want to play anymore because I am so frustrated. At least give us crown players a new pack in the store that will let us get amber and vines for our spells plz on behalf of every needed player professor greyrose were begging you. :(

True, thats why kind parsley is here ;D
But yes, I would like to see the drop rates of everything increased. (I have only 1 merle's whisker, I would have 999, but Ambrose wont let me rip at his beard)
haha yea i wish i could take them from him too but the king parsley dosent give amber either i have a lot of those also i just need it to be easier for us to buy them

King parsley does give amber. Just a chance at elder though. Like all the other plants

Survivor
Jan 04, 2010
Willowdreamer wrote:
Okay, Professor, fully one month later, gardening on TEN WIZARDS, dozens of Red Bell Peppers, at least one dozen White Tiger Lillies, and several Deadly Ninja Figs and I have exactly TWO pieces of Amber.

Seriously. This is no fun.

No fun at all. I'm done.

Survivor
Jan 04, 2010
This is so ridiculous. No new attack spells for most wizards in Avalon, except spells you can't get. KI is losing touch.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
If i must say i been about a month and a half on this amber hunt and i got 7 amber. out of 5 white tiger lillies i got one. i had better luck with the parsley and red bell peppers. I wasnt gonna try it but i figure why not the death can use the deer knight spell. I have to say KI its kinda low that you guys throw the spells in the hoard packs after turning so many hairs grey. I made one run through waterworks just to test drop rates and and got one whisker. did mirror lake and recieved no amber dust and no whisker. So you mean to tell me we need 5 amber dust, 5whiskers, 15 sunstones (mind you we still need 50 for the spell) and 10 golden pearls? Idk about most people but i work full time and attending college as a full time student. I was simply looking to play a game and not deal with a second job.
This isnt what i pay for. I dont pay to be frustrated i pay to be entertained. I figured since they put the spells in packs now they should be at least generous enough to cut the reagents needed to craft the spells and the tag game by half. Sry but i felt this transmute recipe for our amber was a but of a play on our desire to progress. My point being is this, if this is just the beginning i am almost afraid of the new world with the new crafters badge. Sadly from what i been shown in zafaria and Avalon these new reagents are gonna be needed in very large quantity for our badge. With once again nothing to show for it but more useless crafting recipes.
Congrats on your amber willowdreamer you worked very hard for it. I hope to get mine soon this is getting old really quick.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2012
Jarlaxlerod wrote:
I am so upset now. I worked so VERY hard to craft Deer Knight... and now it can simply be obtained in the new Knight packs. How unfair is that? I will never invest the money I invested in harvesting the amber again. Simply pointless.

Yeah well getting it isn't that easy. I have spent over $400 dollars on the knights lore pack and i have not got it. I have farmed all of the above plants and have not got amber to craft it either. At this rate i'm ready to say screw it. And i'm not spending another dime on this game. Everything is about how much money you can drop in to the game. The fun factor is fading fast

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Baomorph wrote:
Jarlaxlerod wrote:
I am so upset now. I worked so VERY hard to craft Deer Knight... and now it can simply be obtained in the new Knight packs. How unfair is that? I will never invest the money I invested in harvesting the amber again. Simply pointless.

Yeah well getting it isn't that easy. I have spent over $400 dollars on the knights lore pack and i have not got it. I have farmed all of the above plants and have not got amber to craft it either. At this rate i'm ready to say screw it. And i'm not spending another dime on this game. Everything is about how much money you can drop in to the game. The fun factor is fading fast

Wow. Never thought Deer Knight would ever be worth $400 dollars in real life. No wonder KI continues to make hoard/lore packs. I would too if this amount of money was a constant source.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Baomorph wrote:
Jarlaxlerod wrote:

$400... Ouch...

Survivor
Apr 14, 2012
How to find amber, is first when your plant is elder, you can get nice amber. You can also make amber from a transmute recipe at Avalon (The Wild).

Survivor
Apr 14, 2012
Survivor
Apr 14, 2012
How to find amber, is first when your plant is elder, you can get nice amber. You can also make amber from a transmute recipe at Avalon (The Wild).

Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
Amber is there. It is extremely slow in dropping from plants, any plant drops. Me right now I have 4 and continue to farm my plants. Elvis has given all he has. I use King parsley for my farming, I have over 40 parsley's at a time growing. So yes this is taking a lot of room and time, but if want to get them this is it. Got 2 on my first time and 2 more next time. I have tried all, but Elvis is the cheapest to take care of and drops the next crop. I have one word Patience.

Ronan

Survivor
Dec 25, 2010
i say we should ALL protest and just quit playing the game til the spells (perm. version) are dropped in mooshu or dragonspyre (no higher), the world dropped in should be equal to the rank of the spell (rank 5 aka 5 pips) not the creature/theme of spell. if drops in avalon, my adept death has no chance of getting spell, i give up on packs for it after losing $60

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
c21684 wrote:
i say we should ALL protest and just quit playing the game til the spells (perm. version) are dropped in mooshu or dragonspyre (no higher), the world dropped in should be equal to the rank of the spell (rank 5 aka 5 pips) not the creature/theme of spell. if drops in avalon, my adept death has no chance of getting spell, i give up on packs for it after losing $60

I say you are a complete clutz for thinking EVERYONE will quit the game over this. >_>

Survivor
Feb 28, 2011
Professor Greyrose wrote:
https://www.wizard101.com/game/update-notes/testrealm#gardening

New Gardening Only Reagents!
Amber, Vine and Braided Vine Reagents will only be available through Gardening. Plants such as White Tiger Lily, Red Bell Pepper, Red Huckleberries, Deadly Fly Trap, Silver Trumpet Vine, Maelstrom Snap Dragon, Frozen Fly Trap and many more now have the new reagents added to their harvest rewards!

Without a doubt the best plant to harvest for amber is Deadly Ninja Figs. When I grow and harbest six at a time, I usually end up harvesting two ambers out of the six on their final harvest. No other plant has come close. You can buy them from a vendor in Wintertusk.

Survivor
Dec 25, 2010
Ronster55 wrote:
c21684 wrote:

I say you are a complete clutz for thinking EVERYONE will quit the game over this. >_>

genius (not) i said SHOULD (not will) just to teach/show ki that they're wrong to be so slow to make the spells dropable (and they MUST be dropped in a world NOT higher than ds so adepts have a chance at farming for them too)

Survivor
Feb 28, 2011
I hope this will help, but I have had the best success (the most amber drops) with Deadly Ninja Figs. When I plant nine together, at the final harvest I have gotten three. Two seperate occasions. I know the rewards would be nicer if they were larger (meaning more than just three), but it is just another challenge of the game we have to power through. Give them a shot. You can get them from the seed vendor in Wintertusk.

Willowdreamer wrote:
Yes, Professor, I read the update. I have been harvesting many of the listed plants such as Frozen Fly Traps, Silver Trumpet Vines and Red Bell Peppers. None of them have dropped these new reagents. How rare are they going to be? Crafting can be frustrating enough without situations such as this...

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
Willowdreamer wrote:
Where is the Amber we need for the new recipes? I have been gardening since Test Realm opened, and have yet to have Amber drop from any of my various plants on ten gardening wizards.
and did you no that if you need some thing go to her

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
This is the first time I've posted. I've enjoyed the game for quite some time now and most of the people I've encountered have been pretty decent folk. I've spent more money on the game than I ever expected, but I feel as if I've gotten my money's worth. Now, however, I'm torn. I'd really like the deer knight spell. BUT: you all make good points. It is either extraordinarily expensive OR an almost complete impossibility. (Or, both, haha). I'm disappointed having visited this string. Not sure I'll even continue the quest, despite having 'purchased' the recipe for Deer Knight. In the meantime, I'm somewhat saddened by the fact that KI hasn't had the 'Professor' back in on this conversation since it began - however long ago that was.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
Vodun wrote:
I'm somewhat saddened by the fact that KI hasn't had the 'Professor' back in on this conversation since it began however long ago that was.

This is actually a fairly common trend.

It has been my observation that most threads are reduced to useless whining after the first twenty entries or so. It would not surprise me if, in the interest of optimizing her time, the esteemed professor starts skipping threads which have devolved into whine fests.

I very often get answers when I ask them of KI, both here and via the other facilities they provide; and without being arrogant about it, I suspect it is because I tend to ask reasonable questions in a reasonable manner.

I've even gotten answers on very old threads that had gone inactive for some time.

But even I often get no answer if I post what I consider to be a reasonable question at the end of a long message string whose last several pages contain only useless whining.

My conclusion is that the good Professor has limited time to read our notes, and mentally closes threads which have proven to be a waste of time to read.

Sad, perhaps, but a reality which permits the professor to actually answer a fair number of questions posted in the forums; in self defense, she has to optimize her time reading threads where she assesses a higher ability to help more people.

I would advise you not put words you think are worth reading in the same bucket as those which are already pointedly being ignored.

- Stephen Earthmender
Life Wizard, Pixie Realm

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
Hey guys don't get too discouraged it isn't impossible. There is a list of the plants that drop amber at elder and the percentages. With white tiger lilies and deadly ninja figs you have about a 1/10, or 10%, chance of amber from elder harvests, and I saw a guy on youtube who was crafting deer knight and got 5 ambers from about 25-30 or so plants in a harvest. This is in one harvest, probably took him a few weeks to get all 12. The real bugger about the spells is the treasure cards. Farming for those things is crazy. On the bright side, fire now has a craftable spell and has a reason to get amber! :D Oh and don't bother with the new transmute recipe, 10 gold pearls 15 sunstone and 5 each of 2 new and hard to obtain reagents. Not worth it (especially considering I actually NEED sunstone for my spell...). Happy gardening, farming, and crafting!

Survivor
Jul 01, 2012
I have fourteen plants that give amber. I have other that went to mature. Not one amber was given. The other items yes. amber no.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2011
i think the night deer spell should be a class pet as well as the new class spell for the new world azteca i mean come on this is just outragiousely rediculouse on the amber reagent deal most people really dont have the time to do all that extra gardening and still try their best to continue on with their battles trying to progress on in to the new world,, and the transmute recipy for the amber is also outragiosely rediculouse if KI didnt want the things crafted or used then why in the world did they even come up with deer night????? I to have wasted my hard earned gold and time on the silly recipy for the deer night and the transmute card for amber only to be be very grately dissapointed.....

Survivor
Sep 08, 2011
k I just watched a friend get an AMBER drop from Pendragon. Not dust! Is this something new?

Survivor
Oct 22, 2011
I've been farming king parsley on an industrial basis with 2 full max-sized plots going. One has cycled twice, the other maybe 4 times, for around 190-200 harvests and I've gotten 8 amber so far, so its doable. Also gotten about 50 sunstones, 60-70 aether, 110+ diamonds and 250k+ in junk pet snacks to vendor, and gone from lvl 11 to 13.5 gardener, so its worthwhile.