Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Seriously... Where is Malistaire from?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Nov 05, 2011
JBone325 on Mar 27, 2012 wrote:
I am 99% sure Malistare was from Wizard City and is the headmasters brother. Hope this helps
100% Cyrus's brother 0% headmaster's brother, but good idea, "the triplet brothers take sides to whether or not the spiral will end"

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
the headmaster is from Avalon and if you do the side quest you would know that Cyrus and Malistaire drake talk about how they loved growing up in ds do the side quest and maybe you will learn more

Miranda lvl 92

Survivor
Jun 19, 2013
I am brady thunder hammer level 11 I hope to get to level 50 soon

Survivor
Oct 14, 2012
colas857 wrote:
lol i think u gotten the storyline wrong . malistare was evil because his girlfreind syliva died o.o and he wanted her alive again
actually sylvia was his wife

Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
Probably the same place as morganthe?

Explorer
Jun 26, 2013
I am 99% sure Malistare was from Wizard City and is the headmasters brother. Hope this helps
I do not know exactly where is from but I know for sure that he is not the headmasters brother. he is the myth school's brother, cyrus drake

Sarah SparkleCloud 95 pet warlord
Tanner DeathBlade 48

Survivor
Oct 12, 2013
Malistaire Drake is from wizard city.
Because he used to be a professor of Ravenwood.
And his brother Cyrus Drake works there too.

Yours sincerely David

Survivor
May 08, 2010
I think he is from earth. My reason is because in the beginning of the game before you through the book of secrets he summons you from a 'far distant land' which is probably earth. He might be from the spiral though. He is probably from wizard city Cyrus Drake [the myth teacher]. Cyrus is from wizard city so I'm guessing Malistaire is from wizard city.

Survivor
Nov 15, 2009
what I find interesting from my imagination is that what IF Cyrus Drake (Myth) and Malistaire (Death) where just apparitions from the DS world long destroyed brought back by Ambrose through the portal we took to the past during that quest on DS. sort of like the video game FFX where clouds life was just a memory from the past long forgotten.
Or maybe Morganthe Is the long lost sister to both Cyrus and Malistaire that they did not know about? and her hatred for the spiral stem from never knowing her family and forced to grow up on a dark world, learning dark magic?
Or maybe even Cyrus and Malistaire are the key to bringing the world of spiral back together again lol
its kind of fun thinking about it really.

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
What the heck!? You need to start paying attention because he was Drake's (the Myth teacher) brother! NOT headmaster Ambrose!

Survivor
Oct 24, 2013
Malistare is Professor Drake's brother. Headmaster Ambrose told me this back when I was still working on tasks in Wizard City.
~ Dylan Firewraith Level 27
~ Amelia Lifesong Level 87
~ Marcus Stormshield Level 95

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
HajimeNoIppo on Dec 18, 2013 wrote:
what I find interesting from my imagination is that what IF Cyrus Drake (Myth) and Malistaire (Death) where just apparitions from the DS world long destroyed brought back by Ambrose through the portal we took to the past during that quest on DS. sort of like the video game FFX where clouds life was just a memory from the past long forgotten.
Or maybe Morganthe Is the long lost sister to both Cyrus and Malistaire that they did not know about? and her hatred for the spiral stem from never knowing her family and forced to grow up on a dark world, learning dark magic?
Or maybe even Cyrus and Malistaire are the key to bringing the world of spiral back together again lol
its kind of fun thinking about it really.
Morganthe isn't related to Cyrus or Malistaire Drake, she's related to Sir Malory from Avalon. She grew up in Dun Dara and was Headmaster Ambrose's first student.

Survivor
May 24, 2013
kspirtweaver1996 on Nov 20, 2013 wrote:
the headmaster is from Avalon and if you do the side quest you would know that Cyrus and Malistaire drake talk about how they loved growing up in ds do the side quest and maybe you will learn more

Miranda lvl 92
Which side quest? I would love to know :D

Molly Rainmask lvl 70

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
colas857 wrote:
lol i think u gotten the storyline wrong . malistare was evil because his girlfreind syliva died o.o and he wanted her alive again
Girlfriend? Who ever said Malistaire was that young? :3 He was married.

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 49 theurgist

Survivor
Jan 29, 2012
Malistare is actually Cyrus Drake's brother.....

Defender
May 01, 2011
I bet he is from Avalon. He is obsessed with dragons and stuff, so he must have decided to take over DS. I bet Cyrus Drake was from Avalon too!

Survivor
Mar 10, 2012
He was from DragonSpyre, and his brother is CYRUS DRAKE, the dude.

Thomas Flame

Level 46

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
Grim2626 wrote:
Ok so people actually do ask about some proffesers they dont asl about the others because they know where they are from like moolinda wu is mooshu but people ask where falmea is from, i think its the fire elf village in avalon, also asking where Halston Balestrom is from and lydia greyrose too there are questions from where, and i believe cyrus and malistaire are from Dragonspyre, i think if i remember corectly cyrus said something about them growing up in dragonspyre, anyway they are not from wizardcity you cant be born in wizard city or at least no one has been yet.
Actually, Flamea is from Wizard City-- I read that from a post here on the message boards by Prof. Flamea. Balestrom is from Marelybone, I think he mentions that sometime in a main story line quest in the beginning of Wizard City. Greyrose is from Candy Land (or world) and her half sisters are based off of the fairy tale of Hansel and Gretel. The Drakes (excluding Sylvia, they never mention where she personally was from) where born in Dragonspyre, but obtained jobs in Wizard City.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
Malistaire is most likely either from an unmentioned world or from WC. He and Cyrus Drake, as told in the story, are brothers. Considering they likely grew up together, we can use Cyrus Drake's qualities and if we can discover where he lives, that place would also be where Malistaire is from. Due to the fact neither have Russian accents like most Dragonspyrians, I doubt he is from DragonSpyre. They both have WC accents but both seem to be more aggressive than other WC inhabitants, which would encourage me to believe they are from a world that has yet to be discussed within the game. Hope this helps!
-Aerier

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
to me, Drake sounds more like Dragonspyrin name to me.

Marcus Suncrafter, lvl 70

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
MidnightMT101 on Aug 12, 2012 wrote:
Malistaire is from Wizard City..... He was the former Death Teacher.
Moolinda Wu is from Mooshu and is teaching in Wizard City. I would suspect Halston Balestrom would be from Marleybone since most frogs are from there. Just saying Malistaire could be from anywhere.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2012
With this matter, being that Cyrus Drake is Malistare's brother, We should first find Cyrus's origin. If we knew the hair color of Cyrus, We would know they are true family members and not adopted siblings.

Malistare gives me a Japanese like feeling, with the darkness of Dragonspyre. He has a dragonspyrian accent as well as Cyrus, And they both seem stubborn about every thing around them.

Being so that Malistare is originally accompanied by Weavers in his Dungeon, I suggest he is from Celestia, Which is doubtful since not many Humans are born there. Weavers are located in celestia in which I've seem them mostly.

Malistare is as well the opposite of the School. This could mean many things, He could very well be from Mooshu though, For his facial look is sort of Japanese or Chinese. His wife is From Wizard City I presume, So in some point of time, Where he was still teaching in ravenwood, He met his wife Sylvia There. Malistare Returns later on in the game At the End of Azteca, Rebirthed as a soul. I think of Morganthe as his sister, aunt, or somewhat related to him. Since She first appears in Celestia, And slowly makes her way to the new born Khrysalis, She begins to appear with the feel of that being her home. She blends in and Looks natural in that enviorment. From this, If Malistare and Morganthe are related, I think of Khrysalis being Malistares home world.

Since Morganthe brings Malistare back, She obviously knew he had some potential, or had Some bond with him, Which means there is more out there we don't know. I guess we'll have to wait until more unravels.

~~~ { 82 Wizard } ~~~

Survivor
May 24, 2013
trevorseashield on Apr 9, 2014 wrote:
With this matter, being that Cyrus Drake is Malistare's brother, We should first find Cyrus's origin. If we knew the hair color of Cyrus, We would know they are true family members and not adopted siblings.

Malistare gives me a Japanese like feeling, with the darkness of Dragonspyre. He has a dragonspyrian accent as well as Cyrus, And they both seem stubborn about every thing around them.

Being so that Malistare is originally accompanied by Weavers in his Dungeon, I suggest he is from Celestia, Which is doubtful since not many Humans are born there. Weavers are located in celestia in which I've seem them mostly.

Malistare is as well the opposite of the School. This could mean many things, He could very well be from Mooshu though, For his facial look is sort of Japanese or Chinese. His wife is From Wizard City I presume, So in some point of time, Where he was still teaching in ravenwood, He met his wife Sylvia There. Malistare Returns later on in the game At the End of Azteca, Rebirthed as a soul. I think of Morganthe as his sister, aunt, or somewhat related to him. Since She first appears in Celestia, And slowly makes her way to the new born Khrysalis, She begins to appear with the feel of that being her home. She blends in and Looks natural in that enviorment. From this, If Malistare and Morganthe are related, I think of Khrysalis being Malistares home world.

Since Morganthe brings Malistare back, She obviously knew he had some potential, or had Some bond with him, Which means there is more out there we don't know. I guess we'll have to wait until more unravels.

~~~ { 82 Wizard } ~~~
you just have to get to khrysalis part 2 to understand everything between Morganthe and Malistare

Molly Rainmask lvl 95

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
wanted468 on Apr 1, 2014 wrote:
to me, Drake sounds more like Dragonspyrin name to me.

Dragonspyrin, is that even the correct plural term? I can't help but ask.

Marcus Suncrafter, lvl 73