Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Access to higher level crafting?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 17, 2012
When I got to Krokotopia, I was about level 20. All of the crafting items there were 15+. Having already gotten level 20+ items from the Bazaar, it made no sense to do any crafting.

Then I got to Marlebone. I was about level 30 by then. All of the crafting items were 20+. Same story.

Now I'm in Mooshu, at level 40. Crafting items are 33+.

I can never seem to find vendors who have recipes for items sufficient for my level. Is there any way a vendor could be established who had all the recipes, no matter what level?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
MaxDeGroot wrote:
When I got to Krokotopia, I was about level 20. All of the crafting items there were 15+. Having already gotten level 20+ items from the Bazaar, it made no sense to do any crafting.

Then I got to Marlebone. I was about level 30 by then. All of the crafting items were 20+. Same story.

I can never seem to find vendors who have recipes for items sufficient for my level. Is there any way a vendor could be established who had all the recipes, no matter what level?

I agree fully. The only time it seems to work out is when you get to Wintertusk, the gear there does match or exceed your level at the time. I would of done a lot more clothing crafting if the worlds matched levels I was in. Same with the drops in the worlds though, rarely can I ever use something dropped for the level wizard I am currently.

Explorer
Aug 21, 2009
Well I never really cared about crafting Gear in the first worlds so I never noticed what you say. But I can tell you that when you get to Celestia the level for the gear and your level WILL match accordingly.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2012
brwac wrote:
MaxDeGroot wrote:

I agree fully. The only time it seems to work out is when you get to Wintertusk, the gear there does match or exceed your level at the time. I would of done a lot more clothing crafting if the worlds matched levels I was in. Same with the drops in the worlds though, rarely can I ever use something dropped for the level wizard I am currently.

yea I have about givin up on crafting.

Survivor
Mar 17, 2011
I strongly agree. And Bryan, I am in Celestia and a level 68 wizard still using level 50 gear because I can't even buy with crowns anything better. I teleported to friend at a higher level and found a good recipe but hadn't completed the next level of crafting and couldn't buy it. I've now completed the 10000 stone block amulet craft and leveled up crafting but still no access to better crafts and this amulet isn't as good as the one I already have. Meanwhile I have crafted teleporters, etc. but need access to gear. I love crafting and have a lot of nice stuff for my houses but it's useless to offer gear to craft unless it's offered sooner.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Really glad I found this thread.
I was going through Celestia last night and found a recipe vendor that had some recipes for gear that would improve my stats. I saw the level (55) and was thrilled because I could wear the gear.
Then when I saw you needed to be grandmaster crafter my smile faded. By the time I get to the Floating Land to get the quest for Grandmaster Crafter I will be able to craft the 56 Wintertusk gear.

Not really sure of a solution, but it seems that every time I see something worth crafting, either I cannot wear it due to level, or I cannot craft it because the crafter quest required to craft it is so much farther ahead in the game. Either way it is obsolete by the time I can craft it.
Maybe have the crafting quests in an earlier world and then keep the level requirements for the gear?
I have no problem farming for reagents, but by the time I reach the area where I get my next crafting quest, I am already using gear that is better than what I can craft.
At least the Wintertusk gear seems like the pinnacle for now. So I wont be making an obsolete set by the time I can actually craft it.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
How do I get to legendary crafter? I have looked around but can't find a quest. Does anyone know? Tnx and plz

Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
The legendary crafting is for spirit drums and it is found in zafaria.

Defender
Jul 06, 2010
Here's a thought, craft the gear for your other lower level wizards and place in the shared bank. I know it seems like your first wizard gets the short end of the deal, but it can help get those things you want for the others. Most if not all the recipes can be bought and crafted, just can only be used be the wizard school specified.