Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

level 50

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
I'm at level 50. I know this is the highest level you can get for now but, my question is.Should I quit playing till the cap is raised? I'm not through DS yet and I'm not getting anymore XP. I want to get done with DS but am I wasting all that XP I should be getting.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
Have you beat Malistaire? To be able to go to the next world we should probably have to be done with the main quest (i am).

Until then we can explore the worlds. Tonight they are updating. Fun to check out even for us that has done averything so far.

There will probably be more aded to axisting worlds before the next one is released.

//Richard Darkstone - Explorer of the Spiral

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
Really, it matters how you look at it. When the new world comes out and the level cap is raised tons and tons of level 45-50 players will go to Celestia. If you can deal with not being one of the first in Celestia that is your choice. Keep in mind though that the quests also award gold and at the end of the quests you battle Malistaire.

Explorer
Nov 20, 2008
i have a question if your lvl 50 and you get more xp when the new world come will you be lvl 53 or will you lose all of your xp?

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
runaway wrote:
I'm at level 50. I know this is the highest level you can get for now but, my question is.Should I quit playing till the cap is raised? I'm not through DS yet and I'm not getting anymore XP. I want to get done with DS but am I wasting all that XP I should be getting.

personaly i do not play just to get points and rewards, I enjoy my in game friendships and i love each of my little wizards, from my grandmaster of balance to my little level 12 myth. if you only play for the rewards the game becomes more like a JOB than a game. i know i would not pay to work at any job put i will pay to play something that is fun. got to go i hear one of my players calling me they miss playing and want to go kill some undead lol

Survivor
Jul 14, 2008
When the level cap is raised you will get all the XP that you earned and hopefully level up.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
I'm not worried about being the first into the next world.I love playing for the rewards.That is why I play. Warlockwizardmage gets what i'm asking. Will I get all that XP back when the cap is raised. In the mean time I have a level 15 Death wizard I'm working on till the cap is raised. So all im asking is, if anyone has any info on the lost XP. Will we get it back or lose it?

Explorer
Sep 02, 2008
I was actually level 50 when DS first came out so ALL the experience in DS I could have earned was not even counted for on my character.

It doesn't really bother me that much that I there was A LOT of experience I didn't get to keep.

I mostly play the game for fun, duels, magic items, and the training points you get along the way.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2008
As to accrued XP you get after 50. Every game out there that has done an increase to lvl caps has not let you use the Xp 'earned' after 50. Players had to earn it when the cap was raised.