Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

raven hoard gear in pvp a little to much

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
hi i was just in the test realm bought several raven hoard packs for my lower char ( note just to check the stats of the gear in case i wanted to buy some in live realm)

and the first pair of boots she got was

forgot name but it gave frozen armor for ANY level

and other ones that gives icezilla

the gear is great but the lower level versions are kinda crazy with the spells they give

Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
Sure, I got some of those.

Thought what I am going to do with a helmet that ONLY gives a card, be it blizzard or not, or armor that ONLY gives icezilla.

So that low level can get access to a spell that will instantly win a fight at the cost of life, accuracy, damage. Well seems fair to me. Icezilla or no icezilla, that level 20 waiting about 5 rounds to cast a spell that could very well fizzle and then on top of having to weather attacks for those five round with no life from the gear. Well, hardly seems a game changer.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
In PvE, yes. Those boots will give anyone 1225 additional health and more if you own an Ice mastery amulet.

Not as much in PvP, since the caster has to wait so long to reap higher rewards (thereby vulnerable until they cast). Also, lots of folks carry a single Pierce or Shatter in the arena and it makes that entire cast worthless. Again, not so true in PvE where those debuffs aren't seen as often.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
As you know this gear provides little to no resistance compared to arena gear so in no way is it OP. Also an x pip spell for an absorb is kind of a ridiculous move at lower lvl lvl as every pip counts.