Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Zafaria low level problem-what do you think?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 20, 2009
After taking a short break from W101 I came back to find that there was a new world out. I go on the forums and look at a few posts.
Exactly as I expected, many complaints about low levels joining battles.
In the low levels defense- You can't blame them for being curious and many of them don't have text chat so they can't tell that your very mad.
In the defense of the people who are questing in Zafaria- They are making it very hard for you to enjoy W101 by ruining your battles. You have asked them nicely and they are just being rude and not budging.

So wizards of the spiral, what do you think?

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
If I have heard this once, I've heard it a million times. Oh well. I once again suggest that if someone could simply make it that it would say something like:
Sally Fireflame Lv. 18 (fire) wants to teleport to you! Allow?
Then you would click yes or no.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2011
yes in fact i have asked them by using the please don't join my battle phrase and i would say 9 times out of 10 i get a no reply from them. It has gotten to the point where either i will stay in the battle, shield spam myself and use mega pacify so that minion will turn on and kill them instead or i leave the game, come back in and swap to a different server.

If they plan on jumping in on my battle, they better be prepared to survive one way or another.

Ronan Deathcaller - 70 Death wizard
Ronan Lifeblood - 56 Life wizard

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
A year ago, at one point or another, I replied to this king of thing.

I will say this same thing now.

Unless they blatantly join and then leave a fight, how do low levels ruin your fights? If anything, they will help with their own style of attacks, whatever that may be.

Well, yes, I do understand, and extra mob with 10 pips can instantly knock you out with another 1,000 damage attack, but, I think that is not an issue concerning other wizards, that is an issue concerning KI and their incredibly owerpowered mobs. And that is the thing, some people will turn around and say the mobs are incredibly easy and weak. But, if that were the case, even more reason not to be affected by low level wizards joining the fight.

So, you better not be a wizard that says "this place/mob is too easy" and be complaining about low level wizards joining fights!

An easy solution would be to change to a very low populated realm at the bottom of the realm list, and solo.

Or, maybe we can adjust our decks a little bit to help us survive better/easier/longer in fights that are drawn out a bit longer when extra mobs enter the fight?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Unfortunately I seemed to be plagued with this problem more then any other world so far. I being life was fighting life mob and a life wizard with 621 life joined the fight bringing in another monster and asking quite a few times for me to heal her? When I asked her what she was doing here she replied she was with a friend, I suggested she go to her friend I could not give her any healing when the level 70 storm also in the fight needed it more, she fled.

Last night my friend had a level 33 ice stuck to her though the quests in Drum Jungle she is unaware of how to remove someone or ignore them so he was there to stay, he was menu chat, he always took the last spot only threw wand spells and once a Bone Dragon treasure card. During the last fight in this area I unfortunately had a low level port to me, menu chat also and my friend still had the ice with her, the balance threw me availing hands at the end of the battle nothing else the entire time, the ice did nothing.

Normally in any other part of the Spiral I do not mind these bumps at all but in Zafaria when the monsters step up their health level and fighting spells and I am still unable to get my WaterWorks gear after doing Waterworks many many times it is getting trying to get though these quests this way.

My down fall to this is I often will help others in the game if they ask me and apparently now I will have to be more alert to removing them after I finish helping them because by and large they do not ask me again. My friend being an older player accepts all requests because she thinks it is the way you do it and does not want to be rude to anyone she also does not quite get the concept of deck set up or gear so I am already carrying her a long the way. All I know is I am not doing Elephant Graveyard like this.

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
*sigh* This post again? Come on i know it can be annoying but you just have to get over it. I assume most of them are little kids porting to their older brothers or sisters who are in the world. Theyre just curious and want to see the worlds of the spiral. So lets all just move on.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
eggywig wrote:
If I have heard this once, I've heard it a million times. Oh well. I once again suggest that if someone could simply make it that it would say something like:

Exactly that would be perfect

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
i can't remember for sure but i think i remember low levels joining my battles a couple of times in the savannah. people who have low level friends need to STOP letting low levels port to them. thats how this issue happened! unless there level 40 or higher, you shouldn't let them port into your battles.

if the low levels keep joining your battles and you ask them to stop but they won't stop, then you should go to your privacy settings and turn friends telporting off and then no one can port to you or you can just not befriend low levels(that second option is what i do)! do this one or both of these options and then low levels wont be a problem.

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
I have to admit it happens to people, but almost all of us did it once.I only do it when a friend needs my help. I wander around and try to avoid battles. If I get involved, I fight and heal the other players as an apology. I am as giulty as anyone else

Maria Drake lvl 42-43 Therugist

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
If you want low levels to not port to you, then just don't add then or turn on privacy settings. Remember that low levels do have the right to port just as much as you do and KI would never ban low level from porting because they can be helpful as long as they don't flee.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2011
I am a lower leved wizard myself, my highest level is 32 (On my Storm account). I quit my Storm account because I didnt like how often it fizzled. Death seemed better. I dont know what level I am on the death accout, but I know it's in the 10's. I side with nobody, because I aree with both sides. Some lower leveled wizards, (Sometimes including myself), get curious and want to see what these worlds are like. On the OTHER hand, lower level wizards are sometimes very ignorant, and haven't come to see that sometimes the higher levels know best, and take out the higher levels' opponent, thinking:
"I'll show them who's best!".

Heather Shadowtamer - Necromancer

Defender
May 17, 2011
I am a level 41 life wizard, and whenever I port to someone in a high level world. this happens:

level 70 person:hi saffron
me:hi. do you need healing? (another zebra joins )
70: yes I need healing very bad
me: ok (casts satyr)
70: (defeats zebra. victory dance) ty
me: yw lol sorry that i ported without asking first
70: its ok

as long as your level 40 or above, and willing to heal someone else instead of yourself, (therefor taking the risk of you becoming defeated) I think that it's perfectly fine if you port to a friend in dragonspyre, celestia, or even zafaria.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
It can get annoying but i don't mind too much since most of my low level friends help me in battles more often than not.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2011
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
eggywig wrote:

But it might hurt someone's feelings. :|

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
This problem doesn't bug me at all. When I was in Zafaria, I would have a level 23 myth following me around on my quests. I appreciated the help from him :D

Caroline Sunbright level 70 life

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
etagge70808 wrote:
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
eggywig wrote:

But it might hurt someone's feelings. :|

But less people would be mad at the low levels because they didn't interrupt the fight. :D

Explorer
Mar 19, 2011
Um, first of all low levels might have high level character. Second, they might just want to chat with you. Third, if its menu chat with the cross over the bubble, they might have been muted or they might be children just want to play and hang out. Fourth, people are curious! In my opinion, being curious is a good thing (bad in SOME moments) because if allows you to explore, lead you to different information, allowing you to search up and have a chance to learn.

(Me babbling )
I searched up some spells like the new spell Chimera for balance. First i got a brief info about it, but then that info led my to more information like the myths about it.

If you don't agree with me then thats okay.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
If the limit from KI is Lvl 60, then KI should prevent any one below that level from porting there. There's a reason why they set a limit. Just my opinion.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
Shiningfantasia has the right idea. When I have to kill 10 of something, I would rather not do it 2 at a time....especially if one is aimed at someone else.

brwac did the right thing with the super low level life wizard. When someone is that far out of their league, let them die. They'll go back to the commons and leave you alone.

In the real world (where I do spend time), you can't control other people and things don't always go your way. Just chill and play nice.

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
ok remove all low lvl friends from your list and here is a story:
i was in mirror lake doing it with a friend i had a fuel,and fire trap on those spiders there were two left he had one i had the other an initiate ports (surprisingly had open chat) he had the nerve to waste my traps with a fire elf yes a fire elf we swtill won but then he begged for me to take him to a high lvl dungeon then i removed him and ported off this was before they made it to where if you didnt have the dungeon unlocked you couldnt port remember before that so once again solution is simple remove all low lvl friends

Survivor
Oct 16, 2010
Aaron deathrunner 31, balance

The thing about joining a battle in zafaria on a low level could be a problem.Because if you get into a battle there at a low level the chances of getting defeated is great. So if your on a low level dont go to zafaria

Survivor
Mar 22, 2011
laulenak wrote:
I am a level 41 life wizard, and whenever I port to someone in a high level world. this happens:

level 70 person:hi saffron
me:hi. do you need healing? (another zebra joins )
70: yes I need healing very bad
me: ok (casts satyr)
70: (defeats zebra. victory dance) ty
me: yw lol sorry that i ported without asking first
70: its ok

as long as your level 40 or above, and willing to heal someone else instead of yourself, (therefor taking the risk of you becoming defeated) I think that it's perfectly fine if you port to a friend in dragonspyre, celestia, or even zafaria.

I like this (I also usually help out, and as a level 58 balance wizard I usually can).

KI might consider adding to the text menu "Mind if I port to you?" (or is there such a message already?)

Asking permission from the portee sounds reasonable too.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2011
My advice is to only make friends who are, example: Lvl 46 and up. When you ask to be friends with someone is says: "Would you like to be friends with Sarah Anyone, Lvl 26, Life?"

~Cheyenne GriffinCaller Lvl 39 Myth.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Gwyneviere wrote:
If the limit from KI is Lvl 60, then KI should prevent any one below that level from porting there. There's a reason why they set a limit. Just my opinion.

Apparently you only have one account. I and many others have 2 or more accounts.

Some of us may use a lower level life wizard from one of our accounts to help one of our higher leveled wizards in a difficult battle when no friends are online. I have done this and will do it again. I do make sure that when between battles that lower level wizard is parked far enough away from someone else's battle so that she is not even accidentally pulled in.

As for the limit KI sets, it is there to prevent lower wizards from being able to pick up any quests. But KI also gave us the privacy settings. Those settings can be changed in a second when needed if you need to have someone port to you even in battle and then can be turned back on.

Most of the problems with lower levels porting to places like ZF, is that they port to a higher level friend and then mark those ares so they can come back when they want to.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
Well its not there fault,they just want to see other worlds since they are in marley bone or stuck in krokotopia.

Taylor life leaf level 70 life wizard.(a nice wizard who helps a lot of people)