Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Resetting Training Points

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 02, 2008
I would really like a direct answer on this question from an administrator.

My wizard is level 50. Along the way I either picked spells by accident(with training points) or I spent training points where I probably wasted them.

If/when will we be able to RESET some or ALL of our training points? Restarting the game with a new character does not interest me at all.

Thanks,

P.S. This topic was brought up months ago and I have yet to see a straight answer from Wizard101.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
WarlockWiz wrote:
I would really like a direct answer on this question from an administrator.

My wizard is level 50. Along the way I either picked spells by accident(with training points) or I spent training points where I probably wasted them.

If/when will we be able to RESET some or ALL of our training points? Restarting the game with a new character does not interest me at all.

Thanks,

P.S. This topic was brought up months ago and I have yet to see a straight answer from Wizard101.

yeah sounds like a good idea except that you have to set a really high goal like 500000 gold or something to prevent people from doing it over and over again. or limit them to 1 free chance to do half of the training points and then you have to get gold or crowns to do the other half.

Defender
Aug 19, 2008
Me too! Me too!

Really! I was playing my life wizard last night, she really has taken a back seat to the others...and hello! she is 48 so I don't want to start over on her.

Problem is that some time back with 5 training points (and not having discovered the tree in front of the sphinx) I got the not so brilliant idea to go to the fire school and just get the first 5 spells.

Now that I have discovered the power of applying multiple charms and traps to make my spells much stronger I really would like to change my spells.

Suggestion: maybe one of the stores in Mooshu could offer to buy back spells for a fair amount and of course you would get one training spell back for each spell you sold back. (Like I keep threatening to sell my cat but no one would ever want such a bossy cat..so I would have to pay someone to take her.)

I would agree to a restriction on not selling the spells from my school. I would even go for a limited number of spells you could sell...but please don't make the number less than 4. LOL

I really think as your customers age in game...this would be a much appreciated change. I love my 48 life/death wizard even if she is a little dense!

Any consideration or response would be greatly appreciated.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
Resetting one's spent talent points is usually a pretty standard option in most games. In fact, most games charge a MODEST fee, not an outlandish one, to allow a points reset.

I have to agree with the above poster that, given the game's age demographic, Wizard101 and its players would benefit from the option to respec.

Nicholas Mistweaver

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
If votes count for anything on this subject, I'll add my "yes" vote. I messed up the spending of TPs on my first wizard (and I'm an adult), so I decided to delete her and start over. For a child, that decision would have been even harder than it was for me. I definitely think one should be able to reset the training points, with some kind of consequence, but not a draconian one, so that even lower level players can reset them.

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
I remember reading they are going to do this but KI has not say when or how they going to do it but it will happen. I think it can be reset buy using crowns.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE!!!!! PLEASE LET US RESET OR SELL TP'S!
THANK YOU!!!!

Explorer
Sep 02, 2008
I really don't think it should cost crowns to reset training points.

I would not mind paying gold perhaps.

But I really think we should be able to reset training points at NO cost.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
No administrator seemed to have replied to this particular post yet.

I am too waiting for their response. But perhaps the wait signifies us that they are thinking about a possible solution to this.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
I think setting training points for our second and third school of magic should be allowed.

I do not think we should be able to change from our primary school though.

Survivor
Jan 26, 2009
I agree whole heartedly, it was not until my character was to high to consider starting over that i found out about the trainers in Krok and marleybone. As a first time player I can see where you would think that if it isn't in ravenwood it doesnt exist and be anxious for the variety it offers, but putting them in places like colossus blvd, marleybone and krokotopia makes it a hard thing to know what all is out there so as to better plan our final spell sets.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
I agree, I would like a straight answer from the wizard101 staff. Just like a status update, are the staff discussing this idea? Is the idea coming out next patch? Has the idea been turned down? Also just to be clear this idea was to reset your Secondary class. You cannot reset your primary.

Explorer
Sep 02, 2008
Still no reply yet from KI to my question. Hope that is a good sign and a really great answer is coming soon. lol

Thanks

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
Blax wrote:
I think setting training points for our second and third school of magic should be allowed.

I do not think we should be able to change from our primary school though.

Well Blax i don't think Tp's apply to your primary school because you learn those spells for free so it's a given that we are talking about secondary and subsequent schools

Survivor
Jan 08, 2009
Me to i would like that we could reset Because when i was lvl like 12 i wasted four trainings point on other schools, and now i am lvl 31 and i don't have all the spells i should have. I would pay crowns to do it.

Angel UnicornBreath, level 31 Theurgist/Necromancer

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
I am only level 18 and I already made enough mistakes on training points that I would love to take back. I too wish we had a way to reset them.

Explorer
Sep 02, 2008
I just went back and noticed that this subject was brought up way back in late December 2008. What really surprised me; is that just like now there is NO ADMINISTRATOR that provided ANY kind of reply to this topic.

I did notice in Aprils Newsletter that the new thing, that will soon be coming out, is a place you can purchase and decorate with items. Trust me when I say that I would rather be able to modify/change my wasted or poorly spent training points instead of buying a castle and decorating it.

Is this issue being discussed by anyone on the KI software developement team and can I get some sort of answer to this topic?

Thanks,
Dustin Dragonflame (I have a 1 year membership)

Thought of the Day: Listen to the players because they are who you really work for.

Administrator
We've been listening, and we really wanted this to be a surprise... but....

As soon as the Test Realm is back up and running you'll be able to talk to Mr Lincoln in the Golem Tower area to learn about selling back your training points.

We expect this feature to be available to the Live Characters once it has been through the Test Realm process.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Explorer
Sep 02, 2008
THANK YOU for finally giving me a straight answer. You really didn't have to give the details.........I would have been just as happy if you said that this issue is being seriously worked on and within a month or two KI will have a solution to it.

Sorry if my posts were blunt; but I really felt like no one was listening to me or to the others and I know that this is a MAJOR issue with quit a few players out there.

I am really looking forward to testing it out in the test realm later on whenever it gets there.

Thanks Again & keep up the GREAT work at KI,

Todd A. G., SKC(ret.), USN

Defender
Aug 19, 2008
Aww Thank you KI!

It is so awesome to be a apart of an organization that has ears AND listens!

You guys rock!

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
WOOHOOOO! You guys are awesome! Now I don't have to delete this char and start over. I can correct my mistakes!

Survivor
Aug 04, 2008
Wow, you mean I'll be able to sell back all those storm cards and get tower shield? Best. News. Ever.