Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bad Henchmen!!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 21, 2011
I read where this was supposed to be fixed and the henchmen would no longer be self-centered. This is not the case. On 11/27/11 at 1630 CST I bought in good faith a lvl 70 life henchman for 400 crowns.

For the first 11 rounds all he did was heal himself, and he wasn't even hit! This caused me to heal myself and fight at the same time, thus causing a case of death, and the henchman took 7 rounds before he decided to send a meager 420 point heal my way. During the next 15 or so rounds he selfishly continued to self heal when not even injured and only healed me one more time. Two meager heal spells out of over 40 rounds is not what the life henchman is supposed to do!

I wasted 400 crowns on this idiot, and I would really like those 400 crowns credited back to my account, since this was a serious waste of time and money.

Marcus Darkcloud thanks you for your time and consideration.

Defender
May 31, 2011
KI did post that they are aware of the complaints, and are looking into the problem, but I haven't seen anything from them yet that they have "fixed" it.

I read one suggestion that these faulty overpriced henchmen should be shelved until they do something about it. I think that is an excellent idea.

I agree that the ethical thing would be to refund those who have spent crowns on a product that is broken, but I won't be holding my breath.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2010
safyrmoon wrote:
KI did post that they are aware of the complaints, and are looking into the problem, but I haven't seen anything from them yet that they have "fixed" it.

I read one suggestion that these faulty overpriced henchmen should be shelved until they do something about it. I think that is an excellent idea.

I agree that the ethical thing would be to refund those who have spent crowns on a product that is broken, but I won't be holding my breath.
omg for real i have bought 5 of the lousy life henchmen at 400 crowns a peice all life of course who only healed themselves although they were never hit! i thought after the 1st lousy life henchmen i bought that the next ones would be better huh they were exactly the same let me die as they heal their selves! that was 2000 crowns waisted and i will never buy a dumb henchmen again ki you really should fix them and refund the peoples money like me who bought the lousy things and fix them asap plz! :x

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
I do hope they fix this issue.

I don't do a lot of henchmen buying, but I now ignore the level 50 and up henchmen. I am on Zafaria and I have been purchasing the level 40 life henchmen. They do much better at healing and survive better than I was afraid they might.

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
It has been said many times before ...... stop Buying The Henchmen That are 50 and above for now till they fix them.... 40th level Life Henchmen does a
Great job When your in a pinch ....

As for getting a refund Im all for it .... The 400 crowns that I or anyone else for that matters has spent.... not all the crowns like some poeple have spent over 2000 crowns thats just like beating a dead horse if you experience once that it is broke.... then the next 4 times you buy it is on you.
no offence is meant here... but if you buy someting that falls apart the first time you use it .... Will you go and buy another.... o.0 or will you go back get a refund and find something better.

I don't know how long it takes for KI to check things i am sure they are very busy and the Henchmen will be addressed Soon....

Thanks for reading

Explorer
Feb 18, 2009
Not to be a "me too" but me too. Just now, in a boss fight, I purchased the level 60 henchman (since I have had bad experiences with the level 70 just healing itself only) just now, and it only healed itself. I died, and it kept healing itself, not me once.

I have spent over 2000 crowns on 60 and 70 life henchmen, thinking maybe I was just getting bad ones, which sometimes happens... but this is too many. And quite frankly, the crowns are difficult to come by right now, financially, so it was even more of a blow to spend the crowns on something that did not do a thing for me at all....

Survivor
Apr 30, 2011
I agree. I have hired the life hanchman twice and all he did was heal himself. The only good thing that came of it was the enemies sometimes attacked him and not me. But I will not be purchasing henchmen anymore. I miss Rose Greenthorn.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
This subject has come up in the forums so many times already.

KI is looking into the problems and will fix it. As with some of the other problems that have come up in the past, this does not get done overnight.

If you watch, you will know when this has been fixed.

As has already been stated, until the level 50, 60, and 70 henchmen are fixed, DON'T hire them. Use level 40 or wait till the others are fixed.

KI has to have time to work on this and when they get it ready, then they will fix it.

At this point, it may even be a good idea if KI re-opened "Test" before making the changes in live game.

For me and many others, part of the problem is also price. I won't pay 100 crowns for level 50, or 200 for level 60 and definitely will not pay 400 for level 70. If the prices are brought back down to 50=50, 60=60, and 70=70, then I will.

The old human henchmen worked and I would prefer them to the new ones anyway. And Like others have already stated, I miss Rose. She was a good life henchman. She would heal you and help you beat that boss.

KI has heard us, so the least we can do is give them time to fix it.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
If they're ever change the henchmen at all, I want them to at least make the level 70 life henchmen better. He's just like the forest sprite back in old days, maybe even worse than that! I also miss the old wizard people .

Caroline Sunbright level 65 life

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
I can Say this Programing is for the stressless foke i mean i have done it and when something goes wrong .... or has a bug ..... there are countless thousands of code that has to be looked through.... it is a process....

As for KI leaving them in The shop for all the countless thousands that havn't used the so called Broken henchmen is wrong.... I Strongly Suggest KI take the new Henchmen Down .... and For temp put the old ones back Till they look into the problem.... Keeping The New Henchmen in the shop to me at this point knowing That KI knows theres a problem ... is just KI puting the bif finger up to all there players.... (No Disrespect was intended to any KI member in this message) It just seems that way at this point.... Its just one opinion from one player and does not reflect the rest....

Thanks For Reading