Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dr Katzenstein's lab

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 22, 2011
I am on dr katzensteins lab in MB. Since I am a life wizard I have been having a heard time deafeating the clanker. Plz help!

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Load your deck up with Life Prisms, and put them down as soon as you can. If your Prism is placed before Clanker's Death Shield, it will ignore the shield. If Clanker put.

You should also have Life Shields to repel Clanker's Life attacks. If you've trained Ice to Tower Shield, keep some Volcanic Shields handy to stop his Firebird and Storm Shark attacks.

Survivor
May 15, 2011
Survivor
May 15, 2011
Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
sock50000 wrote:
what is the quest before the quest to go to dr.katzenstein's lab?

Defeat Jacques the Scratcher is what your quest is before you get the quest to step foot in Katzenstein's lab. Jacques the Scratcher is 1800 health. He is also a Ice Wizard. His Minion or Helper is a Deadly Scratcher who is 575 health. Also a Balance Wizard. Katzenstein has 2000 health and is a Storm Wizard. 200 Health difference. So be prepared for higher health and a bladed Kraken! Jacques the Scratcher is Knights court, Scotland Yard Roof. Hope this helps!

Good luck ;)

Alura Mythshade level 50 Necromancer
Calamity OrgeBlossom level 30 Theurgist
Cheryl Trollcaster level 41 Pyromancer

Survivor
Oct 27, 2009
I'm a level 39 myth wizard and am stuck on Dr. Katzenstein's dungeon. I can't finish the whole dungeon. How do I defeat it without dying?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
dodle707 wrote:
I am on dr katzensteins lab in MB. Since I am a life wizard I have been having a heard time deafeating the clanker. Plz help!

Life prisms and shields will help, as will dispel. And use the spells from your secondary school...that's what they're there for! You can do it... just keep trying! :-)

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
I just did Katzenstein's lab on my level 30 Life wizard, she used prisms i must admit, but no dispells. But she had trained storm up to Windstorm, and her Storm spells fizzle never now. so thats a different sorry, he had the Death shield before my prism so that was good and i was thankful. i used Windstorm and StormTrapped the little Clockwork guy and killed him, i killed Clanker with a Prism, LifeBlade, Balance: Life Death and Myth Blade, and a Life trap. That came out with a 1201 hit. Then i hit him with a kraken and he immeditaly died. Same with the clockwork (only the kraken part)

Sorry if i sound confusing....

So if you dont have a secondary school, Buy a death myth and life blade from the bazaar, a life trap from the witch in colouss boulevard (go down the ramp to mindy pixiecrown and turn left and go down the ramp to the un-lit house, trust me, the Life Trap is free.)

and lifeblade and prism him, then separh him 2 times!

Alura Mythshade level 50 Necromancer
Calamity OrgeBlossom level 30 Thergist
Cheryl Trollcaster level 41 Pyromancer

Survivor
Oct 09, 2011
dylanjackson2003 wrote:
I'm a level 39 myth wizard and am stuck on Dr. Katzenstein's dungeon. I can't finish the whole dungeon. How do I defeat it without dying?

I believe I used animate a lot ( a minion summoning spell ), and used vampire with several blades and traps to attack and regain my health. However, I am a death wizard, so you may not be able to use the spells I used. For myth students, I would recommend summoning a minion if you don't have anyone with you. Tower shields also help you quite a lot, as they sheild 50% from any type of attack spell. Make sure you always carry your pixies with you, and a few sprites also. To avoid getting pulled into a battle, do not use a mount, and look both ways before you cross. I soloed most of the lab, except I had a person with me defeating the Dr himself. I also kept my potions bottles filled, though I didn't need to ise many of them. If you do get defeated, do not worry, because the quest only resets if you don't come back in 30 minutes, plenty of time to restock treasure cards and potions and make your way back. I hope this helped.

Tasha Drake
Adept Necromancer

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Life has some awesome healing and amazing accuracy, but as far as attacks go, Life is not the school to be in. Get a friend who is Storm or Fire, maybe even Death, and keep trying. If you want to get it done really fast, get 1 Storm, 1 Balance, 1 of any school not mentioned in this plan, and yourself.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
One funny thing happened when i did this:

When I did Katzenstien's Lab, I was with lvl 28 myth dude. So at the end when we beat Katzenstien he says "Thnx for helping me Justin." XD
I thought he was helping ME!!! Well to help ya out add in some shields and prisims to your deck. Also stock up on Treasure Cards.

Hope I entertained + Helped!!!!

- Justin SandFlame lvl 46 Thaumaturge
".... with persistance, victory is assured"