Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

death school help

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 12, 2008
ok my wizard is death so what should my second school be because i cant deside so help

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
I'm actually a fire wizard, but I do have an opinion about it ha.

I actually didn't just go and do a secondary school. I spent my training points on getting shields and elemental blade (when its available at Krokosphinx). So far I like it a lot.

It helps a ton to help me stay alive. I can simply adjust my deck and put the shield spells I need to help me in that area.

Soloing I never can even use my treasure cards that cost 4 pips. I either can boost up my own spells from my school to do enough damage or have to heal from waiting so long trying to get 4 pips to cast the spell.

I'm only level 26 right now and kinda new, but I would just suggest looking more into what shields/spells you need or would be very helpful and making your decision on that.

I hope that helps :)

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Wow, tough question...

I would say it depends on your, and your character's, style. If you are a loner, go storm, great lower level combat spells (though with high fizzle).

If you like to play in groups, life is great as you can help others, at the same time you can zap those resistant to death.

Balance is good as the spell usually gets cast and through (ie, no defensive shields).

Myth, fire and ice have good lower casting cost spells, not as much damage as storm but less fizzle.

Again, what you choose is up to your character's personality?

For myself I perfer the life secondary (4 points), then when you get to Krok, buy the multi-shields (2 points, Balance Tree), Marly (secret trainer) get the general sword boost for minions ( 1 point, Death has a great Minion call) and also reshuffle (Wizard City secret trainer) <Reshuffle allows a smaller deck with discards so you can get the spells that you need when you need them.> This takes you though lvl 25 plus 2 Zeke quests

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
If you have a coherent notion of a secondary school, you're doing it wrong. Buy particular skills that you need, not whatever happens to be in some particular other school.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2009
If you are death you don't need life, to heal that is. You can use death sacrifice spell to heal your self and even other players. If you shield your self to death first this works nicely. I am death and Myth. I must say it has worked well for me. :)

Survivor
Jul 12, 2008
bruja51 wrote:
If you are death you don't need life, to heal that is. You can use death sacrifice spell to heal your self and even other players. If you shield your self to death first this works nicely. I am death and Myth. I must say it has worked well for me. :)

I am death and personally, I like the life for my second... There are a ton of death monsters and it is nice to have life spells as you cant hold a ton of converts. Also, yes I can heal myself with death rather easy, but with the lifespells I can heal the rest of my group... It's more of a personal preferance what your second school it and how you personally play your cards.

Heather Ravenblood
Level 50 - Death/Life