Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ranked pvp losing to many points?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
Heya guys,

I wanted to put something out there and see if anyone agrees. I've been doing some pvp a lot on my storm (level 48) and i get paired up with legendaries. Now that's no problem with me but what is is how much rank you can lose. Yesterday i was against a level 60 death full waterworks gear he was a private and i was a sergeant so the battle started and with my luck he went first. So the battle goes on and i'm shielding trying to get ready for that critical. And then it comes a dragon poison combo (I have a level 60 death and knew this was coming.) so there goes all my shields from the poison and of course he critical on both of them. So the poison got rid of my shields and the dragon critical was too much so boom i died :(. Now the shocker was i lost 26 points! So i decided to do another pvp to try to get those points back and i get paired up against a level 28 fire warlord in full commander gear! He turns out to be a very nice guy so we start talking and were fighting and it was close but he pulled outta win. (mostly because how much he shielded that minion so it could get rid of my shields for him.) Now that's beside the point. So he won and only got two points! So i watched him do another pvp and he lost against a legendary critical and lost 28 points. Come on guys this isn't fair thanks for reading a commenting :)

Wolf
Level 60
Legendary Necromancer

Seth
Level 48
Master Diviner

Historian
May 28, 2009
Magicbubble wrote:
Heya guys,

I wanted to put something out there and see if anyone agrees. I've been doing some pvp a lot on my storm (level 48) and i get paired up with legendaries. Now that's no problem with me but what is is how much rank you can lose. Yesterday i was against a level 60 death full waterworks gear he was a private and i was a sergeant so the battle started and with my luck he went first. So the battle goes on and i'm shielding trying to get ready for that critical. And then it comes a dragon poison combo (I have a level 60 death and knew this was coming.) so there goes all my shields from the poison and of course he critical on both of them. So the poison got rid of my shields and the dragon critical was too much so boom i died :(. Now the shocker was i lost 26 points! So i decided to do another pvp to try to get those points back and i get paired up against a level 28 fire warlord in full commander gear! He turns out to be a very nice guy so we start talking and were fighting and it was close but he pulled outta win. (mostly because how much he shielded that minion so it could get rid of my shields for him.) Now that's beside the point. So he won and only got two points! So i watched him do another pvp and he lost against a legendary critical and lost 28 points. Come on guys this isn't fair thanks for reading a commenting :)

Wolf
Level 60
Legendary Necromancer

Seth
Level 48
Master Diviner

I do think maybe the matches should be more fair like picking highest levels and such

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
My level 10 warlord only gets put against low ranked legends at around 1545 rank which should not happen under the current point system. Your story does not make alot of sence to me.

The point system properly distributes points based on experience in the arena, meaning if you are a warlord facing a private of any level you will not gain alot of points.

When the point system awarded points based on level it threw the matching system way out of whack because it didn't take into consideration the ultimate equalizer between higher and lower level opponents, ARENA GEAR. Arena gear gives an experienced low level the advantage over a low expierienced higher level opponent. RANK is a reflection of experience in the arena, this is how my level 10 warlord beat a legendary death from second position with 734 health and no critical block.