Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Large Continuity Problems

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 01, 2009
Greetings,

With the implementation of Crab Alley quest lines and now those in Wysteria, KingsIsle is developing a vast disparity between character level and school quest area accessibility.

As I see it (and as helper pop-ups guide us), the general quest flow is as follows:
-Wizard City (Unicorn Way, Firecat Alley, Colossus Boulevard, etc.)
-Crab Alley
-Grizzleheim: Savarstaad Pass
-Krokotopia: Royal Pyramid
-Grizzleheim: Virgrid Roughlands (or whatever it's called)
-Wysteria
-Krokotopia: Krokosphinx
-Grizzleheim: Mirkholm Keep
-Krokotopia: Storm Temple (Krokopatra's Lair)
-Marleybone

If we are following this logical progression as the pop-up guides from our instructors are telling us to, it is quite impossible to access school quest destinations without having to beg a higher level player to go stand somewhere so we can port.

For example, I am currently playing a Life student. I am level 31 and have just completed Grizzleheim: Mirkholm Keep and still have all of Krokotopia: Storm Temple left to finish.

However, at level 28, I was given the quest for Regenerate by Moolinda Wu which required my traveling to the rooftops of Chelsea Court to battle the Nine Lives cat. If I had waited until I completed Krokotopia and enough of Marleybone to where I had access to Chelsea Court, I would have been well into level 33 or 34.

Do you see the problem? The next school quest that rewards a spell is given to me at level 35. In all honesty, if I finished the zones and school spells in the order they were given to me without teleport help from other players, it is entirely possible that I could complete the level 35 quest well before I had access to Chelsea Court to finish the level 28 quest.

Something should really be done to address this growing problem. By the time I am obtaining my school quests that require travel into Mooshu and Dragonspyre, my level will be correct, but my zone completion will be nowhere near up-to-par to access these places.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
My Life and Storm wizards were about half-an-area too early for the level 28 quests. They were early in Hyde Park when they turned level 28. Assuming that you're doing all of your side quests, you should be about the right level to do the school spell quests. Balance and Death wizards will usually be a level lower than they need to be until the middle of Mooshu, because they tend to use their level 16 spells, which are 4-pip, against the level 2 and 3 enemies in Krokotopia.

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
I had something like that happen to me; right after I defeated the war oni in MooShu, I leveled up and was given a quest to fight the War Oni.

Although this was a bit annoying, I decided to forget about the card for now and just go on with my quests. I ended up getting the card in no time. I think the best thing to do is just grin and bear it :)

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
That is why KI doesn't allow you to delete quests. So you won't forget which NPCs are giving you certain quests that may not be accessible at that moment.