Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gliche with Grubb

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 22, 2011
I played Grubb's castle up until the point of fighting Grubb when I was defeated. When I went back to retry the quest, I wasn't able to restart it. Is this a gliche or should I do something else? Help! I want to finish this quest!

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
When you die while in a dungeon the instance is usually preserved for up to 30 minutes. This is so you can return and finish the dungeon without having to start over. You should have returned to Grubbs catle and finished the battle.

See Prospector Zekes comments about Dungeons:
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/21851.ftl#112596

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
hill4en wrote:
I played Grubb's castle up until the point of fighting Grubb when I was defeated. When I went back to retry the quest, I wasn't able to restart it. Is this a gliche or should I do something else? Help! I want to finish this quest!

You have to let it reset either from over time (30-90 mins) or by manually resetting it by logging off, going to your house, changing realms, walking out the door of the dungeon, etc....

Adherent
May 20, 2010
That happens sometimes. The easiest way to get around it is to set a teleport mark inside Sunken City. That way you can leave and teleport back in (be sure to put a teleport mark back down when you re-enter).

Explorer
Jul 28, 2011
hill4en wrote:

Unfortunately since these don't appear in real time, you've already had the dungeon reset....but for future reference:

Upon dying, you could have just ran back in, and all the way back to grubb and fought him again without an issue. So long as you returned to sunken city within like 15 minutes of dying.

Sorry, I know its lame that you could have just ran back and beat him without having to even bother redoing the quests that take you to his castle, but now you know!

Mastermind
May 13, 2011