Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Monsters walking on the sidewalk?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 27, 2009
Hi! Nathan Lifesowrd here. I just wanted to point something out. in the Emperor's Retreat and the Dig Site I see monsters cutting corners on the sidewalk. I get pulled into combat because of this! I thought the sidewalks were safe! can KL please fix this?

Yours truly,
Nathan Lifesowrd (level 23 Theurgist)
Nathan Bluestone (level 60 Pyromancer)

P.S. I'm doing this for you smaller levels out there

Defender
May 30, 2010
try walking if oppisite dirrection of the direction they walking so if they going north from right side go north on right side too if they going south on left side dont go south cause you going same direction as them. go on the side that there going north away from you

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The sidewalks are only safe in Wizard City (except Sunken City). Everywhere else, you're on your own and have to be careful as you go.

Survivor
May 27, 2009
mollyisthebest wrote:
try walking if oppisite dirrection of the direction they walking so if they going north from right side go north on right side too if they going south on left side dont go south cause you going same direction as them. go on the side that there going north away from you
Yes,but the point is their still walking on the sidewalk,and you'll still get into battles even if you do that.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
yeah i tried to post something a little the same about this but it didn't show up ( new glitch! or is posting canceled for a little ) well i get about sunken city you gotta go like zigzag through the streets to not get in a battle so far going zigzag where sidewalks dont work works for me :P :P :P :D :) :-)

Survivor
May 27, 2009
colagada wrote:
The sidewalks are only safe in Wizard City (except Sunken City). Everywhere else, you're on your own and have to be careful as you go.
since when? Nothing said that,and how do you know that? I've been on those sidewalks forever, and I've always been safe except for those areas.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Sometimes the krokotopian creatures go on extended vacations in Mooshu and, when they return to dwell in their krokotopian abodes, they've forgotten the sidewalk rule. -corwin sandstalker, legendary sorcerer (and crew)

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
There's basically no sidewalks in any other world but Wizard City, so expect to see monsters cutting corners and getting into dragged battles. Just stick to the sides.

Defender
May 17, 2011
WhimsicalWizard wrote:
There's basically no sidewalks in any other world but Wizard City, so expect to see monsters cutting corners and getting into dragged battles. Just stick to the sides.

but in krokotopia i see darker parts around the edgess, and in wystaria i see them :( also in dragon spyre and mooshu they are there ( grass in mooshu) i have never seen them in celestia or marley bone though, but i always safe on edges

Survivor
May 27, 2009
laulenak wrote:
WhimsicalWizard wrote:

but in krokotopia i see darker parts around the edgess, and in wystaria i see them :( also in dragon spyre and mooshu they are there ( grass in mooshu) i have never seen them in celestia or marley bone though, but i always safe on edges
See? there are sidewalks in Krok. :P

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
To Owl09: You're right, the sides are safe. It's just that there aren't any real sidewalks like the ones you see in Dragonspyre and Wizard City.

To laulenak: The dark edges are fine and safe.

Survivor
May 27, 2009
WhimsicalWizard wrote:
To Owl09: You're right, the sides are safe. It's just that there aren't any real sidewalks like the ones you see in Dragonspyre and Wizard City.

To laulenak: The dark edges are fine and safe.
oh,I see

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
Owl09 wrote:
laulenak wrote:
WhimsicalWizard wrote:

See? there are sidewalks in Krok. :P
Indeed.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
mollyisthebest wrote:

The most nightmare-ish place to walk around is Marlybone's rooftop sidewalks. The "sidewalks" are too small and if you take a wrong step, you get pulled into a duel. Wait, did I just say "pulled into a duel"? Whoops! Let me correct that, they don't pull you off the "sidewalks", they grab you by your neck and drag you in!

Survivor
May 27, 2009
Fin3cy6 wrote:
mollyisthebest wrote:

The most nightmare-ish place to walk around is Marlybone's rooftop sidewalks. The "sidewalks" are too small and if you take a wrong step, you get pulled into a duel. Wait, did I just say "pulled into a duel"? Whoops! Let me correct that, they don't pull you off the "sidewalks", they grab you by your neck and drag you in!
they pull you by your neck? And true that is the worst place to walk

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Only safe sidewalk places in the spiral: Wizard City (but crab alley) Half of krokotopia, DragonSpyre (Half). Thats the only places

Explorer
Jul 18, 2011
Safe places to walk: Wizard City (even sunken and that well, for me i never got dragged into a duel in Sunken and Crab :p :-D) Krokotopia(the whole worl for me) Marleybone:Safe for me, bu i would never switch rooftops in the same area!!!!! Mooshu -(never been there :s) DragonSpyre(if i havent been to mooshu then i havent been to DS (well i have :p by porting)
Destiny Deathblood
Lvl 33 magus Death(obviously)

Grace Fireblood(lil sis)
Lvl 11 initiate Fire(obviously

Destiny Winter(mine)
Lvl11 initiate Ice(not that much :p)

"To achive what you desire, set goals for it"

Survivor
Sep 30, 2011
Wizard City and Krokotopia sidewalks should be fine like other people have said. It's when you get to Marleybone that you need to start worrying.

Destiny LifeGem

Defender
Aug 05, 2009
colagada wrote:

Correct.

Survivor
May 27, 2009
Thanks for the feedback guys! See you in the game!

Nathan BlueStone ( level 60 Pyro )
Nathan LifeSword ( level 33 Theurgist )

"With teamwork, there's no way you can lose" - Owl09