Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

disallow team of low and high level wizard!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 20, 2009
I've encountered this a couple of times.

A team of a high level (60) wizard and a low level (around 10) wizard are our opponents. The low level wizard flees, then ports back to the match. The low level wizard is now NOT part of the battle, but in the match.

The high level wizard easily wins.

Such a large discrepancy in levels should not be allowed on the same team!

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
magicjalapeno wrote:
I've encountered this a couple of times.

A team of a high level (60) wizard and a low level (around 10) wizard are our opponents. The low level wizard flees, then ports back to the match. The low level wizard is now NOT part of the battle, but in the match.

The high level wizard easily wins.

Such a large discrepancy in levels should not be allowed on the same team!

i have never seen a low level flee the match in pvp even with legends

also no they should not make it so low levels cant partner up with high levels

my brother team up with his high level friend and he is just using blades and shields

ki dont make it so my brother cant team up with his friend in pvp anymore

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
You cant ban it, what If my best irl friend is level 10 and I want to pvp with him? What should be done is pairing them up against another leg-noob team.

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
I think people should be allowed to have a team of a higher level wizard with a lower level wizard. It normally helps me :-)

Whenever I lose a match, I don't lose many points since I did the PvP match with a lower level.

However, there are some catches. You need to work extra hard since your partner is probably not going to be able to use something like snow angel or fire dragon. Some tips to help out with this problem is to have your partner blade you, and shield you and stuff.

If you cant beat 'em, join 'em

Justin TitanWraith, Legendary Pyromancer
Luke GhostHunter, Legendary Necromancer

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
I only see this as a loop hole for the team of people with A lv 60 and a lv 10 to gain rank and tickets easier by getting matched against teams of lower levels. I say if you can't fight your own battles or people your own size and strength and want to take the cowardly way out you don't belong in the arena in the first place. Others might say "Oh well this is just being smart not about being fair" to me just means you have a bad strategy and can't win on your own or legit, just makes you look bad as a person and a player and i pity you

Explorer
Oct 22, 2009
It's people like you that gives pvp a black eye.

All that being said, I hope you come across my magus 2v2 team, which has been built to take down legend noob teams like yours.

We win about 90% of those encounters, and always end up being called the "noobs" just because the legends ego is hurt by being schooled by a pair of magus.

The legend noob combo is cheap, and all it proves is that you cant win against your own levels.

See you in the arena!!

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Fixables wrote:

All that being said, I hope you come across my magus 2v2 team, which has been built to take down legend noob teams like yours.

We win about 90% of those encounters, and always end up being called the "noobs" just because the legends ego is hurt by being schooled by a pair of magus.

The legend noob combo is cheap, and all it proves is that you cant win against your own levels.

See you in the arena!!

Ooh, would you mind helping me, I only win 50% of those matches.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
Fixables wrote:

See you in the arena!!

yes! lol xD kinda wish people would understand too that when they treat the game like this they make it dull and boring unless that's just their thing achieving everything the easy way with no challenge then quickly getting to the end result and having nothing left to do afterwards. Sounds like fun! uh not, I like to actually earn my way and it just makes the fun of it last that much longer and makes me feel much more accomplished and better about myself that I didn't have to have someone carry me the entire way.
"The only way to get smarter is to face a smarter opponent"

Yea Fixables I never mind losing, but hate winning when people are sore sports about it

Survivor
Dec 26, 2009
I think its a good strategy and it should NOT be banned. Me and another friend helped ANOTHER friend get to warlord with a method similar to that. there's nothing wrong with it, and if someone hates it so much just do it themselves lol

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
My friend and I live to take down legends and noobs that pair up to get easy ranking. there is no better satisfaction than ignoring their cries of 'noob!' and 'cheater!' as their sad strategy fails. These are the same people that chain stunned, spammed the old Wild Bolt, and now chain smoke. They're too lazy to think up a good strategy, so they try and go for the easiest way out. It makes me sick.

KI, there should be no argument. Only those that abuse the matching system support Legend/Noob ranked teams, and it should certainly be fixed. If they can't get themselves ranked up by fair means, they shouldn't be allowed to rank at all.

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
Fixables wrote:

See you in the arena!!

Yeah, I so agree. While I have never really experienced it, I know it happens, I wish just everyone could like shake hands and say good fight to each others. It's anoying how someone complains in a battle. I normally try to talk to my opponent after a battle, saying stuff like good fight, the ones who respond obviously are more like me, than, the ones who are to sure of their skills because of their level, they just leave if they lose, or call me like noob because I lose. I even remember one saying Balance was bad, which is my favorite school. I tried to say that Balance, when in the right hands, is devastating, but of course, he left before that. I hate those kind of people.

Oh, wait, that is off-topic, well, maybe.

However, I have never met a legendary and newbie(noob, while based of newbie, is now an insult in the internet world, so I say newbie.) combo, I agree with a lot of people. What if an pair of friends, while different levels, wanted to play together?

Historian
May 01, 2010
Jaypaw101 wrote:
My friend and I live to take down legends and noobs that pair up to get easy ranking. there is no better satisfaction than ignoring their cries of 'noob!' and 'cheater!' as their sad strategy fails. These are the same people that chain stunned, spammed the old Wild Bolt, and now chain smoke. They're too lazy to think up a good strategy, so they try and go for the easiest way out. It makes me sick.

KI, there should be no argument. Only those that abuse the matching system support Legend/Noob ranked teams, and it should certainly be fixed. If they can't get themselves ranked up by fair means, they shouldn't be allowed to rank at all.

Agreed. I think they should make it, that you cant fight someone, at the max, 10 levels under you (I think Darthjt mentioned this once)
Also, I do have one question, if a legend calls you a noob, and you just beat him, then what does that make him?

Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
I feel the same way i like to pvp a bunch but i have stoped because people can't fight for them selfs.Ill get a lower level then me like (15) An a level (60) an the "Novice" Will get rid of tower shields an other stuff. No matter how many times i join a match i die.

Trevor DarkBlood Legendary Fire
Trevor Lifeblood Magus Life
With come honor comes repsect

Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
jennyajtim wrote:
I think people should be allowed to have a team of a higher level wizard with a lower level wizard. It normally helps me :-)

Whenever I lose a match, I don't lose many points since I did the PvP match with a lower level.

However, there are some catches. You need to work extra hard since your partner is probably not going to be able to use something like snow angel or fire dragon. Some tips to help out with this problem is to have your partner blade you, and shield you and stuff.

If you cant beat 'em, join 'em

Justin TitanWraith, Legendary Pyromancer
Luke GhostHunter, Legendary Necromancer

I really dont think people should be able to team up. If you can't fight your own battle don't start one because its a big waste of time for every one that does it. It should be patched so i never can see it again its so annoying an needs to go no matter how many people think its easy to kill people lower then you its a pest an mess. To get teamed on by a 60 an a 15. KI I hope you fix this its a mess.

Trevor DarkBlood Legendary Fire
Trevor LifeBlood Magus Life
With comes honor comes respect