Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Randolf is too hard!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 07, 2013
All you have to do is save up for an o'leary's briney amulet ( givesKracken) and use a storm trap and storm blade then hit him once with Kracken for a one shot. T.c. Works too.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Okay I can get the cheats but 20 times?! My Life beat him at level 27. He just made 1,200 damage from a seraph and I got out of there.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2013
hello im having a tough time on this one as well cause im a balance wizard and ive tried differnt things like hireing hench men and he kills them and ive also tried some of the elemental ones like the fire one and he killed that im needing some advice. cause he cheates really bad and takes out your sheilds and healing and tried useing some of my higher cards and he keeep geeting me was wondering if you level up if that helps any advice would be great

Survivor
Feb 10, 2013
Make sure that you have a death shield because vampire is his signature move.. I defeated Randolph alone, but for chester droors i had help. So i guess it wouldn't help to bring a friend, either.

Dolan Frostthistle, Magus Pyromancer

Survivor
Dec 20, 2012
You keep on healing while he's attacking and start attacking when he's low on pips.
P.S. it took me to times to defeat him

Level 34 balance

Explorer
Jun 06, 2013
hello and thank you so much for your replies to this one its been a tough one for sure part is my isssue i dont have enough pips to use to use the really goood spells which makes it really hard ive beeen cellecting some traps and stuff and beeen leveling up .what i was wondering on this one is it a solo fight or can someone else come in with you hope to hear back soon from sistersky

Survivor
May 01, 2010
nniihariikaa on Aug 23, 2011 wrote:
ok so today i finally got to face randolf and he beat me like 20 times because he keeps cheating!!! but i noticed a pattern on how he does spells first he removes ur shield and then he skips ur turn, attacks, and then when u think ur gonna beat him with lightning bats or something he does buff vampire and u end up beaten it frustrates me . Reply if u have the same problem!

Sophia Dawnbreeze
Magus ice
level 31
marleybone
Wow I'm just starting marleybone and I can't wait

Grace BlueFlower

Level 28

Survivor
May 01, 2010
ok so today i finally got to face randolf and he beat me like 20 times because he keeps cheating!!! but i noticed a pattern on how he does spells first he removes ur shield and then he skips ur turn, attacks, and then when u think ur gonna beat him with lightning bats or something he does buff vampire and u end up beaten it frustrates me . Reply if u have the same problem!

Sophia Dawnbreeze
Magus ice
level 31
marleybone
I just beat him today.. I have no clue how but when I got out I had 8 life left so I wish the best of luck to you all

Explorer
Nov 30, 2012
Yes I am Lvl 31wizard. He is HARD! MichealDragonBlade

Survivor
Feb 19, 2013
I finished Wysteria at about level 27, so it's hard for me to remember. I first go on wizard101 central wiki and found all the spells he knows. I next went to the bazaar and got all the shields needed plus some new gear. I had a polymorph spell card from a moon flower i had at my house, so I added it to my deck. As i ran to his chamber thing, I worked out a plan. I defeated him on my second try.

"Knowledge is key, my friends." Katie Duskleaf, level 46

Survivor
Aug 20, 2012
I am trying to do Randolph and don't know what to do. I bought 5 Kracken and for the first 5 turns at least I used sheilds. Finally the 675 Kracken came up and I used it - I had enough pips - and it hit him for like 30 I'm not kidding. I am at a loss here Idk what else to do. If I put up shields he takes them, if I don't I get hit! This is ridiculous I'm going to get my friend to use her sirens and go in with me - hopefully I can bring someone in or I'm quitting! (I am lvl 38 fire)

Survivor
Apr 14, 2011

Sophia Dawnbreeze
Magus ice
level 31
marleybone
I actually got lucky and beat him on the the second try because at that time I trained storm as my secondary school. I don't remember how much life he has but to beat him im sure all you need a couple of traps and blades and use a kraken treasure card.

Survivor
Feb 03, 2009
What? He was easy :)(And i had a lvl 27 when i did him :)

Brian Skullstalker-Lvl 76
Eric Drake-lvl 55(And still counting )

Survivor
Nov 01, 2012

Sophia Dawnbreeze
Magus ice
level 31
marleybone
I kept working at it. I leveled up three or four levels then on about the seventh time I defeated him.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2013

Sophia Dawnbreeze
Magus ice
level 31
marleybone
I suggest using high damage attacks. that's how I won.

Defender
Nov 17, 2012

Sophia Dawnbreeze
Magus ice
level 31
marleybone
You must build up traps and blades and get him with a one hit kill. Otherwise, you cannot beat him. He'll keep using vampire until you're dead and he's not. Also, you could wait until you are a higher level. I was higher than the intended level when Wysteria first came out, and I had no trouble beating him at all.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2011
It easy just go to the Wizard City Library, talk to Harold Argelston, buy a few kraken treasure cards, go back to wysteria, battle Randolf Spell Shine, use the treasure cards and you should be done within 8 turns or less. I've used a balane wizard but you can do with any class. Hopes this helps!

Elijah Storm Rider

Survivor
Jul 09, 2012
Well, I was a level 36 or 35 wizard when I fought Randolf. You need to level up a few times because even at 36 he almost took me down

Survivor
Dec 23, 2012
PvP King wrote:
Randolf is hard? He only has like 1000 health! I just defeated him with normal strategy.
and he cheats.
I defeated when im lvl 25.stack up on blades and traps then unleash a storm attack.
I know ur thinking :easy for him to say this guy is a storm.

just listen to me ok??!!

sloanwildmancer lvl 36 storm

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
I beat the little cheater today. The strategy I used was go to the Bazaar and buy Triton. He is Myth so the card will boost 40%. When I did this, it did a whopping 1318 damage, defeating him instantly. Hope this helped!

Survivor
Jan 07, 2012
It was actually really easy for me. I was a level 28 at the time. I just knew that all my shields were useless. I used my draconian polymorph and one-shotted him second turn with firezilla. I'm not saying you need a polymorph, but try to one-shot him.

Adam ShadowSpear, School of

Explorer
Oct 04, 2009
I was lvl 50 something when wysteria came out so everything was easy, but just say calm and everything will be easy.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
I'm level 33 and I never beat him. I also do have a strategy to hit one thousand health.
If you are fire, use these buffs

Wyldfire
Fireblade
Firetrap

And then stock up on pips. You need 5 to cast a phoenix. This either hits 1000 or 900 something.
Good luck!

Grace Goldenleaf 33 Magus
Kayla Unicornleaf 17 Journeyman

Rowan Hexslinger 9 Apprentice

Survivor
Sep 19, 2013
If you're a here's a tip: spam feint and consequently attack, he removes all wards on you every two turns but not on himself, and all wards includes traps from the feint and any traps he may have on you so you could just keep using feint and attacking till he is dead, I beat him first turn by doing that. Hope I helped

Defender
Aug 15, 2010
I had trouble with Randolf my first try, my little brother (Joshua Mistblade) gave me a great tip. Buy a Triton treasure card, buy blades or traps or anything that will power it. It totally worked for me! Since is his weakness, it's a 100% chance it will kill him, unless it fizzles.