Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chester Droors, harder than I thought.

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jun 11, 2010
First off, I'd like to mention that if you haven't gotten this far, you should stop reading now. It will give away the answer to the mystery. With that settled, why does Chester Droors cheat? The bosses aren't supposed to cheat until Celestia and Wintertusk, and people complain about that! Plus it's a 3 on 1 battle, that I'm guessing you can't bring friends to. I've got to admit, they made the cheats pretty obvious. When he says "Today's subject: traps." it's pretty obvious that you can only use traps. Though, it fails to mention for how long. Plus it seems that every time I don't use a trap when I attack, one of the guys uses Nature's Wrath, though I was too busy worring to notice if it was out of turn, or if it was for no pips. I love the Wysteria update, it gives me more to do without defeating Katzenstien by myself, plus there is lots of gear to sell, and lots of gold to rack up, but this is unfair. The bosses seem way to hard for someone who doesn't have a level 26 spell (though they probably leveled up after doing all the quests, but still.) even if they have Marleybone gear! I cruised through most of it, being a level 31 (now 32) and having my Judgement, the only exception being that it took two tries to defeat the Goblin leader guy in Pegasus Place and once I was defeated by Green Men when I had to leave the game because I lost my internet connection. Other than that I was fine. Until now. I don't mind a 1 on 1 battle with a boss that cheats, but 3 on 1, that's just not right.
Plus I'm a little wary of the pig warning you that Pigswick students cheat, which is leading me to the fact that Randolf Spellshine may cheat, as that is who I'm going to be facing next in the tournament. How in the Spiral can I defeat Chester Droors being a level 32 Balance student? That and does Randolf Spellshine cheat?

P.S. I looked him up on the wiki, apparently you have to keep a trap on him or he will use Helping Hands. Is this true?

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Alright, funny story here. One day I was doing a quest for Hugo Chatterly, and I was going into the Library Archives. I was almost done defeating the boss when I get a message from my friend Christopher Nightdreamer saying: "Help!", and luckily I was in battle so I could say: "One minute, I'm busy fighting." so after I defeat the guy and talk to the person, I click on teleport and it says that he was in Pigswick Academy, and I'm thinking "Oh great. I know what this is about." and I teleport in and I was correct! He needed help on Chester Droors. I instantly put a trap on Prof. Droors, as that is what you need to do to keep him from healing, and my friend used an attack that killed him in one hit! I usually go for the minions first, but no Chester means no cheating, so that actually was a smart move. The other two guys were easy, so we defeated them fairly quickly. Man, was that lucky or what! So that is how in the Spiral a level 32 can defeat Chester Droors! Yes Randolf Spellshine does cheat, I looked at my other post! Yes that is true, but just kill him in one hit and it doesn't matter!

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Some bosses cheat in Wizard City and Marleybone, too.

Wysteria isn't a sequential world. It's independent and optional. Some of the tougher areas were designed to give Legendaries a good challenge.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2009
Survivor
Jun 22, 2011
Why do Pigswick folk cheat? It makes me sad. Chester Droors is really hard! :(

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
I know your lvl not that high but he is pretty easy if you want to see real cheating bosses helephant tower is the place to go but you not legendary ps barely any bosses in celestia or wintertusk cheat just a couple and further more for any legendary that might read this us legendarys dont have to follow there rules we can just blast right through chestor droors lord bramble claw the goblin and randolf spellshine that is all and yes friends can help with any of bosses in wysteria

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
eggywig wrote:
First off, I'd like to mention that if you haven't gotten this far, you should stop reading now. It will give away the answer to the mystery. With that settled, why does Chester Droors cheat? The bosses aren't supposed to cheat until Celestia and Wintertusk, and people complain about that! Plus it's a 3 on 1 battle, that I'm guessing you can't bring friends to. I've got to admit, they made the cheats pretty obvious. When he says "Today's subject: traps." it's pretty obvious that you can only use traps. Though, it fails to mention for how long. Plus it seems that every time I don't use a trap when I attack, one of the guys uses Nature's Wrath, though I was too busy worring to notice if it was out of turn, or if it was for no pips. I love the Wysteria update, it gives me more to do without defeating Katzenstien by myself, plus there is lots of gear to sell, and lots of gold to rack up, but this is unfair. The bosses seem way to hard for someone who doesn't have a level 26 spell (though they probably leveled up after doing all the quests, but still.) even if they have Marleybone gear! I cruised through most of it, being a level 31 (now 32) and having my Judgement, the only exception being that it took two tries to defeat the Goblin leader guy in Pegasus Place and once I was defeated by Green Men when I had to leave the game because I lost my internet connection. Other than that I was fine. Until now. I don't mind a 1 on 1 battle with a boss that cheats, but 3 on 1, that's just not right.
Plus I'm a little wary of the pig warning you that Pigswick students cheat, which is leading me to the fact that Randolf Spellshine may cheat, as that is who I'm going to be facing next in the tournament. How in the Spiral can I defeat Chester Droors being a level 32 Balance student? That and does Randolf Spellshine cheat?

P.S. I looked him up on the wiki, apparently you have to keep a trap on him or he will use Helping Hands. Is this true?

Thank You I was having some trouble with him, it took me a while to kill him, like a couple of trys to be exact. I finally beat him when I lvl 60 helped me out. So yeah never go agaist chester droors with a life studen, and yes this is true that he heals him self if you don't keep a trap on him, and you can't use shields agaist randolf spellshine (sry gave it away)

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Another funny story! I finally beat Chester, but the next day my friends needs help again, and I though it was with Lord Bramble, but it was with Chester AGAIN! Sadly, we were both defeated, but we tried again, and only he was defeated. I guess I'll have to call him or something. It makes things a heck of a lot easier when you can say whatever it is you want to your friends and not be restricted to Menu Chat.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2011
eggywig wrote:

Randolf Spellshine does cheat, but not much, (Well he didnt for me) I have to admit though i did have a few troubles with Chester Droors if you have crowns, maybe hire a henchman to help you out?

Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
eggywig wrote:
Alright, funny story here. One day I was doing a quest for Hugo Chatterly, and I was going into the Library Archives. I was almost done defeating the boss when I get a message from my friend Christopher Nightdreamer saying: "Help!", and luckily I was in battle so I could say: "One minute, I'm busy fighting." so after I defeat the guy and talk to the person, I click on teleport and it says that he was in Pigswick Academy, and I'm thinking "Oh great. I know what this is about." and I teleport in and I was correct! He needed help on Chester Droors. I instantly put a trap on Prof. Droors, as that is what you need to do to keep him from healing, and my friend used an attack that killed him in one hit! I usually go for the minions first, but no Chester means no cheating, so that actually was a smart move. The other two guys were easy, so we defeated them fairly quickly. Man, was that lucky or what! So that is how in the Spiral a level 32 can defeat Chester Droors! Yes Randolf Spellshine does cheat, I looked at my other post! Yes that is true, but just kill him in one hit and it doesn't matter!

What in the Spiral is a trap though? ( Answer Required )

Nicole AshBlade
Master Pyromancer

Survivor
Jul 01, 2010
Yes, I completed **most** of Wysteria in a few hours, now I'm stuck on Droors. I even had a water elemental, but he started healing HIMSELF intead of me, because I had like, 311 health left, while he had full health, so I suppose to either use a henchman or a life minion, because the other ones will heal themselves.

And thank you kindly for telling me that noob pig cheats :| I will beat him AND NOTHING WILL STOP ME. Unless I die I asked my friends that were on to help me, but they never replied... And I pwned by Droors, considering I'm just a little tiny level 26 :(

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
buster1600 wrote:
eggywig wrote:

What in the Spiral is a trap though? ( Answer Required )

Nicole AshBlade
Master Pyromancer

It is a ward casted upon an enemie to make a spell stronger for that specific person only. It hangs near the legs of the enemie and has spikes around it. It can be school specific, or can be used on any schoioil. i.e. fient, hex, curse, ice trap, fire trap, storm trap, windstorm, myth trap, life trap, death trap

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
really you thought he was hard i finished him with two awesome fire spells

Fire dragon and Efreet

Blaze Gem level 60

Blaze Star level 14

Explorer
Jul 14, 2010
As a level 27 storm a have a few choice words. Oh snowstorm!!!!! (pretend that's all caps.) get a trap of a school you don't use and destory him from there. I beat him on test, why is he even harder on live (it seems) when he's easier (or looks that way)! XD
Angel SwiftHand

Survivor
Apr 03, 2011
You CAN bring a friend with you.I got my level 60 friend to help me and we beat Chester Droors together.They have to teleport to you.Its the only way

Survivor
Oct 12, 2010
When I started fighting Chester Droors, it was really hard cause I am a life wizard and I didn't know I had to use traps to make him stop healing. Now I defeated him because I used traps! Thank you all for letting me know! :D

Brandon Level 35 Life Wizard

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
eggywig wrote:

No offense, but Chester Droors was easy. One of the easiest bosses I've fought. My level 26 ice wizard beat Chester, and he wasn't what I would call a tough match. Yes, he does use helping hands, but that doesn't heal him much. All you have to do is put a trap on him, bingo. No more helping hands. But I think it's because of the pet I had equipped. A level 32 Balance wizard should be able to solo Wysteria, it's a lot easier then Marleybone. As KI said, it's more on the Krokotopia-Marleybone side of things.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2011
blaze552563 wrote:
I know your lvl not that high but he is pretty easy if you want to see real cheating bosses helephant tower is the place to go but you not legendary ps barely any bosses in celestia or wintertusk cheat just a couple and further more for any legendary that might read this us legendarys dont have to follow there rules we can just blast right through chestor droors lord bramble claw the goblin and randolf spellshine that is all and yes friends can help with any of bosses in wysteria

Wow, that was a MAJOR offense to lower levels.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2011
randolf spellshine is so annoying ! even though the vampire spell is supposed to cost 4 pips he only needs 1 to cast it and he uses that spell1,000,000,000,000 times .

Survivor
Aug 30, 2010
I'd have to say that this was the hardest Boss yet. Chester is really hard. The hints are that the little pigglet shows up and says, "Watch out wizard. Pigswick folk are cheaters", which kind of freaked me out. Then, seeing the hole in the wall, I immediately knew what was going on. But Professor Droors acts suspicious when he says, "I was hoping you wouldn't find out". But I have a question to ask all of you.. How in the WORLD does he get the ring passed the bunkmates in the dormitory?