Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Scotland Yard Quest Glitch

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
In Scotland Yard (I think thats what it is called), I have taken a quest from that mime guy thats locked up in a cell. He told me to talk to the guy up front. I remember one day, I did, but after he told me what to do (which I cant remeber what that was) I logged out. The next day, I talked to the mime guy and it says "He motions for you to talk with the man up front". I already did that! His quest also does not show up in my spell book, and when I talk to the officer up front he says that he is too busy to talk. What am I supposed to do?

A similar thing happened also on the roof of Scotland Yard. It is with that frog street sweeper guy in the cell (whose name I cannot remember) and he told me to talk to Watson. I beat his first quests, but then he said he was accused for another reason as well. I talked to Watson again for him, and I don't know what he said to do. I logged off, and logged back in the next day. The street sweeper tells me to talk to Watson for him, but Watson just keeps telling me to go into Katzenstein's Lab (which I'm supposed to do for another quest). His quest also is not with my other quests. Has this happened to anyone else? Even if it hasn't, tell me what I'm supposed to do next after these quests and I can do it and see if that fixes anything.

Oh, and sorry that I cant remember the names of all these things. I will go on to check soon and see what they were.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Edits in Bold

Windlilly wrote:
In Scotland Yard (I think thats what it is called), I have taken a quest from that mime guy thats locked up in a cell. He told me to talk to the guy up front. I remember one day, I did, but after he told me what to do (which I cant remeber what that was) I logged out. The next day, I talked to the mime guy and it says "He motions for you to talk with the man up front". I already did that! His quest also does not show up in my spell book, and when I talk to the officer up front he says that he is too busy to talk. What am I supposed to do?

A similar thing happened also on the roof of Scotland Yard. It is with that frog street sweeper guy in the cell (whose name I cannot remember) and he told me to talk to Watson. I beat his first quests, but then he said he was accused for another reason as well. I talked to Watson again for him, and I don't know what he said to do. I logged off, and logged back in the next day. The street sweeper tells me to talk to Watson for him, but Watson just keeps telling me to go into Katzenstein's Lab (which I'm supposed to do for another quest). His quest also is not with my other quests. Has this happened to anyone else? Even if it hasn't, tell me what I'm supposed to do next after these quests and I can do it and see if that fixes anything.

Oh, and sorry that I cant remember the names of all these things. I will go on to check soon and see what they were.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Edits Capitilazed

Windlilly wrote:
In Scotland Yard (I think thats what it is called), I have taken a quest from MARCEL MEYOW thats locked up in a cell. He told me to talk to the guy up front. I remember one day, I did, but after he told me TO TALK TO WILLIAM PUGSBY OR MR. ROWLEY DEPENDING ON THE QUEST I logged out. The next day, I talked to MARCEL MEYOW and it says "He motions for you to talk with the man up front". I already did that! His quest also does not show up in my spell book, and when I talk to the officer up front he says that he is too busy to talk. What am I supposed to do?

A similar thing happened also on the roof of Scotland Yard. It is with WADE WADSWORTH and he told me to talk to Watson. I beat his first quests, but then he said he was accused for another reason as well. I talked to Watson again for him, and I don't know what he said to do. I logged off, and logged back in the next day. WADE WADSWORTH tells me to talk to Watson for him, but Watson just keeps telling me to go into Katzenstein's Lab (which I'm supposed to do for another quest). His quest also is not with my other quests. Has this happened to anyone else? Even if it hasn't, tell me what I'm supposed to do next after these quests and I can do it and see if that fixes anything.

You should

1) Contact Customer Support. They should fix the glitch.

2)Even though this has not happened to me, I think i have an idea.
First, for Marcel's quest, Can you at least tell me if it was his first or second quest? If first, talk to William Pugsby in Chelsea Court. If second, talk to Mr. Rowley in Hyde Park. If you can talk to them, click Piece of Mime for William Pugsby or State of Mime for Mr. Rowley. Do their quests if possible. then, When you retreive the necklace or gold ring go back to William Pugsby or Mr. Rowley. Talk to Officer McRuff for both quests and hope the quest is finished.

Second, For Wade's quest talk to Abigail Doolittle in Regents Square. Then go the Ironworks and defeat Street Sweepers till you find the Golden Ruby. Talk to Abigail Doolittle who will give you a quest to talk to Watson.
Talk to Watson and Hope the quest is finished.

That's all the help i know of. Good luck! :-D