Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cheating bosses?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
I have heard a lot of talk about cheating bosses in celestial and some special dungeons. How exactly do they cheat and is it that much harder?

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
Yes it is harder and you need to play according to their "rules" if you expect to succeed. In Celestia the final dungeon, the Trial Of Spheres, has several "cheating bosses". There are also some pillons in Stormriven that allow you to summon bosses to fight, each with his/her own set of rules.
(3) of these used to be part of a quest in The Grotto, but these versions of the bosses in The Grotto no longer cheat.
There are guides available at Wizard101central.com and you can ask more specific questions once you actually have the quest.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Cheats depend on who you are fighting. I remember on the Wizard 101 wiki, in the Warehouse, someone will attack with Storm Lord out of turn if you attack the main guy before the others are dead. Some other examples are shielding out of turn, and using Scarecrow for no pips.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2011
I personally find that these "cheating" bosses are extremely unfair to players and should be changed. It's impossible to win, although somebody probably has won dueling them.

They throw spells out of turn, skipping your turns. They throw spells that continuously renew their lives, all at once. They don't allow even four players to get a chance to do anything or do any damage. So what's the point of even trying to develop a skill or strategy. You waste all your time on them for nothing.

I've played these cheating bosses in many worlds and never win, even with spending crowns over and over on three henchmen to help. If you can't get to throw a spell, you can't hope to weaken the enemy or win. If they aren't Life bosses and still throw spells that renew ALL their points at once fully each time they lose a point - forget it.

So I've gotten to the point of just not bothering to do them. It's sad because I do like to meet a challenge.

Another "unfair" design to this is the fact that they're usually at the end of a dungeon, where you expend a lot of time dueling many bosses for hours to get to that point, and wham - you can't finish because of these high-level cheating bosses.

It really takes the fun out of the game, takes your skill development away, and you have to go look elsewhere for another duel and quest.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
Aelita987 wrote:
I have heard a lot of talk about cheating bosses in celestial and some special dungeons. How exactly do they cheat and is it that much harder?
Cheating boss is Celestia like cuthalla have specific rules.Like he has that you have to attack with attacks with rank 4 or higher spells!Also IT isnt called Celestial, it is called celestia.

Survivor
May 04, 2009
The bosses in Celestia do cheat occasionally, depending on which one. Before Celestia, there's quest called 'Swimming With the Stars' or something along those lines, in which to get the Celestial Spiral Key you must do a dungeon in Marleybone, where on the final level the boss does cheat. But it isn't nessecary to do that to get the key, once your level 48 Ambrose will give you a Celestia spiral key.

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
Aelita987 wrote:

some cheat by maling you play by there rules if you dont the usually use a rank 6-8 attack all spell without all the pips needed that spell being out of there school one puts -90% tower shield if you dont keep using blades one puts single smoke screen on you every turn almost thats just some of the ones that aren't that bad

blaze legendary pyromancer

Survivor
Jun 01, 2011
carolinacat wrote:
I personally find that these "cheating" bosses are extremely unfair to players and should be changed. It's impossible to win, although somebody probably has won dueling them.

They throw spells out of turn, skipping your turns. They throw spells that continuously renew their lives, all at once. They don't allow even four players to get a chance to do anything or do any damage. So what's the point of even trying to develop a skill or strategy. You waste all your time on them for nothing.

I've played these cheating bosses in many worlds and never win, even with spending crowns over and over on three henchmen to help. If you can't get to throw a spell, you can't hope to weaken the enemy or win. If they aren't Life bosses and still throw spells that renew ALL their points at once fully each time they lose a point - forget it.

So I've gotten to the point of just not bothering to do them. It's sad because I do like to meet a challenge.

Another "unfair" design to this is the fact that they're usually at the end of a dungeon, where you expend a lot of time dueling many bosses for hours to get to that point, and wham - you can't finish because of these high-level cheating bosses.

It really takes the fun out of the game, takes your skill development away, and you have to go look elsewhere for another duel and quest.

I agree with you 100% some are just too hard I am a lvl 60 balance wizard annd my highest spells is nova becasue I can not beat the high cheating , hig advantage bosses to get new spells, it is very unfair , I just left , I can not do any more and it is sad .

Defender
Jul 17, 2010
87angel78 wrote:
The bosses in Celestia do cheat occasionally, depending on which one. Before Celestia, there's quest called 'Swimming With the Stars' or something along those lines, in which to get the Celestial Spiral Key you must do a dungeon in Marleybone, where on the final level the boss does cheat. But it isn't nessecary to do that to get the key, once your level 48 Ambrose will give you a Celestia spiral key.

And 2 bosses in the waterworks (wizard city dungeon) cheat. (You can get level 60 clothes from the waterworks.) An example of one of them is:
the final boss of the waterworks. He can bring up a doom-and-gloom that gets rid of things. every 3 turns he will switch witch doom and gloom is up. He can cast 2 different types of it. The white one gets rid of blades. The black one gets rid of traps. If you use a one person attack on him without any traps, then he will skip everyone's turn, and use a ra (level 58 balance spell) that hits all enemies, and does 1,300 base damage. If you hit his fish boss minion, then it will use a rebirth (level 48 life spell) that heals him and the other bosses. When you hit the hammerhead boss, then the main boss cheats. Hope this helped! :D

Ryan moonshield level 60 death
Waterworks warrior

Nathan spellfist level 17 storm
three streets savior

Survivor
Apr 04, 2011
What i think is that cheating bosses are super, super hard. I do not like the cheating bosses and i agree that it wastes time playing the dungeon. The one in MB is the worst basically. Storm Lord with one pip? Thats harsh for wizards not high enough level to learn stuff like nova and lord.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2011
carolinacat wrote:

I posted a forum like this, though it was probably the most BIGGEST mistake of my life.. got into many arguments over it. Anyway, I can see where you are coming from with the bosses that cheat. I've been given a tip to this.

1. Read about them first, do they only allow traps? Or only blades? This can be useful as it will give you an idea on how to duel them correctly.

2. If they only allow blades, take ALL traps out of your deck and add only blades! With traps, take all the blades out.

3. If your using Blades/Traps, then add as many as you can then attack. The higher the damage, the better chance the boss will go down quickly.

4. If he/she casts minions, try and take them out first. The less there is to fight, the less health you lose.

5. Make sure you go with 4 wizards at a time, the more on your side, the better.

6. If you have 4 wizards (Which is recommended) try and make everyone attack at the same time.

7. Like i said above, when you read about the bosses, take note of what school they are and what type of spells they use. When you have figured this out, try and get treasure card dispells. By the looks of things you were having trouble on the Spiral Geographic Center? If so, then try and get Fire and Death dispells. These are very helpful.

8. Finally, try and get a healer in the group. Make sure they put plenty (And i mean plenty!!) Of heal spells in there deck! If anyone is defeated the healer will sure come in handy!

Please dont give up like i did! Trust me i regreted it! You will get used to it. Like someone said on my post, You've made it all the way to Celestia, why give up now?

Hope this helped!