Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

balance out of balance

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 16, 2008
OK, I am storm, and have very few hit points even as a level 50 grandmaster. I don't think anyone should be able to take out a grandmaster in 3 turns. However, balance can. There is very little that can be done about this since nothing blocks judgement.

There needs to be some kind of defense for that spell. A smart balance person will simply wait until they have enough pips an cast it, match done.

I am OK with all the rest, powered up spells, etc. Treasure cards are good too.

Perhaps the cleanse charm and negate trap spells could be cast at zero pips instead of one and that could even out the 'balance' as they are the only possible defense.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
Survivor
Jan 04, 2009
I was probably the person that did that too you mg. My wizard Nathaniel Foestalker at that time had 4 judgements and three judgement card items. While I do think that your situation stinks, you chose storm. This means you are powerful but have low hit points. Ice has a tower shield spell that blocks 50% from all schools. It's honestly the only thing that protects me from other balance school users. Also, judgement is the only decent spell balance wizards get alongside the traps and blades we get.

I suggest multiclassing into the ice school, quit pvp-ing, or find some friends to back you up so maybe you can catch a shield. Judgement will just keep coming.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
life armor and ice absorb gold towers normal towers there are shields to judgement weakness you can delay judgement easily

Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
Tower shield is about as effective as a paper wall. You have a wand right? Buy a Balance wand so you don't waste swords/traps and just waste the tower with the wand, then hit him with your big rollers. Easy peasy.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
If an opponent has to wand to clear tower shield, that wastes both balanceblade and curse (basically, what you'd expect balance trap to be), regardless of the school of the damage dealt.

Defender
Feb 03, 2009
The same could easily be said for the high end Death Spells as only a Death Shield will block its damage.

There is no "Balance" shield granted, but there are other ways to mitigate the damage. Spirit Armor, Tower Shield, Ice Armor, etc...

Don't complain simply because your particular school seems "defenseless" against another. Learn the strategies and use your Talent points accordingly. Or even start your wizard over and choose a different school.

Whenever PvP gets put into a game you can always guarantee it won't be long before the whiners start shouting about wanting balance between the characters spells and strengths. Hopefully KI will NOT give in and start changing spells just to satisfy this.

If you don't like it, then make a Balance wizard. I did.

Defender
Oct 14, 2008
I am balance and i am extremely sorry for this trouble with judgement and stuff, but i have to say - balance TO ME is the most powerful school because it's all schools, I AM NOT SAYING THAT YOU HAVE TO THINK THAT! You may think your school is better then balance if you want.

Heres a tip - while balance is getting enough pips, take your best attacks and get them before they can cast it! Judgement is 125 for each pip, so it could take a while sometimes.

Luna0616 :D

Survivor
Jan 04, 2009
luna0616 wrote:
I am balance and i am extremely sorry for this trouble with judgement and stuff, but i have to say - balance TO ME is the most powerful school because it's all schools, I AM NOT SAYING THAT YOU HAVE TO THINK THAT! You may think your school is better then balance if you want.

Luna0616 :D

Balance is far from the strongest school. We are made to buff attacks. We have judgement, but after one judgement we have to start over. It takes far too long to set up. We're meant to go with friends. Storm is the strongest attack. Ice is the most hit points. And life and death are meant to survive.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
luna0616 wrote:
Heres a tip - while balance is getting enough pips, take your best attacks and get them before they can cast it! Judgement is 125 for each pip, so it could take a while sometimes.

Judgement is 100 damage per pip. If treasure cards give 125 per pip, then perhaps that should be toned down.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
Quizzical wrote:
luna0616 wrote:

Judgement is 100 damage per pip. If treasure cards give 125 per pip, then perhaps that should be toned down.

130 in arena - 160+ if it's a treasure card/Malistaire coat Judgement. Toss in a 28% attack bonus (which at least a few grand master sorcerers have) ... and, well, good luck to y'all on the other side!

But (as I've said before), Tower shields are very effective at blunting Judgement. So much so, in fact, that I don't even regard it as my primary weapon. I only take Judgement as a finishing move, and use Sandstorm and Spectral Blast for my main workhorses.

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
mg9189 wrote:
OK, I am storm, and have very few hit points even as a level 50 grandmaster. I don't think anyone should be able to take out a grandmaster in 3 turns. However, balance can. There is very little that can be done about this since nothing blocks judgement.

There needs to be some kind of defense for that spell. A smart balance person will simply wait until they have enough pips an cast it, match done.

I am OK with all the rest, powered up spells, etc. Treasure cards are good too.

Perhaps the cleanse charm and negate trap spells could be cast at zero pips instead of one and that could even out the 'balance' as they are the only possible defense.

Balance is not out of balance. Relax and figure out how to beat them. There are many ways to give a balance a bad duel day. Hint: Tower Shield for Judgement and guess what it works for everything :)
Every school dueling deck has their strenght and weakness. You just have to learn them.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009

Tower sheild................. i am a level 18 fire wizard and
I can block balance with an ice move called tower sheild. my secondary school [ice] has a move that blocks all damage 50%.

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
For battling a balance wizard with a Judgement spell, become an ice wizard.

My main character is an ice wizard, and until I read this I never thought Judgement was that powerful of a spell. But I see your point.

Ice wizards are really good at shielding against Judgement. Ice Armor is the most effective, because if we get the exact same amount of pips as the balance wizard we can almost completely block them out. Judgement is 125 per pip, but Ice Armor is shield 125 per pip. This combined with a Tower Shield (also in our school) and our amazingly high health, Judgement hardly hurts at all. The only problem would be if your a low level ice wizard without Tower Shield or Ice Armor. Not good.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
I used to have fun in pvp, but not anymore. I am so tired of battling balance people. This is so unfair. There needs to be a balance shield. Tower shields are worthless. They just take those out in a no pip little wand hit and there goes my gold I spent on the tower shield.

I just signed up for a one year subscription, because I loved to PVP, but not anymore. I wish I had not paid for that subscription.

This is annoying, please fix this unfairness, or make a feature so I can block battling balance people. Whenever I see a balance person waiting to battle, I now find myself waiting until they are off the list.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
It is childlish really. To complain about pvp. I mean really. I have a grandmaster balance. and I find myself crippled by life and death people. and I also find it unfair when people use minions. but am I going to post a thread complaining? NO I just made a life wizard, in hopes to learn weakness and strenghts of life wizards. and later on when that is a grandmaster I am going to make a death wizard and do the same thing. Point being, don't complian. Just learn how to play to your opponits weakness.

Defender
Feb 03, 2009
Balance is fine.

The last two spells that Balance gets is Spectral Blast and Hydra. These two spells do NOT do Balance Damage. They do Elemental Damage I.E Ice, Fire or Storm. Any Damage increasing School-Only Balance gear that a Balance wizard has on will NOT effect these spells. They can also be shielded against or come up against high resistances very easily.

Judgment is obtained around 30th level and is a good spell for sure. But hardly overpowered. If you didn't put 5 training points into ice and get Tower Shield then you are NOT creating a PvP orientated Wizard. The regular Tower Shield Spell along with a Treasure Card Tower Shield spell or even Spirit Armor DESTROYS a Judgment spell. These will stack for defense.

Also consider that judgment uses ALL a wizards pips to cast. Once it is cast then the Wizard is starting over.

The spell that people are really griping about isn't Balance. It's Feint. A deadly combo card for sure. Combined with Judgment it creates a mighty hit indeed. I think people are upset that the Balance damage from a Judgment/Feint combo can't be shielded against. But IT CAN. Just use some common sense. Even a simple Weakness spell will take alot of sting out of a Judgment hit.

There are plenty of other spells to be upset about...how bout Wild Bolt? Steal Ward? Freeze? Ever been chain stunned? Now THAT's something to gripe about.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
There is nothing wrong with voicing an opinion on a forum, that is what they are here for.

The definition of a forum is: (noun) A public facility to meet for open discussion. Just an FYI for you.

Calling someone childish is uncalled for, however.

I do not have the time to make character after character. I learn about the different schools when playing them in PVP. I have about equal amount of difficulty playing all schools except balance. I can buy shields in the library specifically, for the other schools, but not balance.

Wizard101 wants to hear our opinions, hence the pre-release of the new features to try out.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
Catyana: you can buy tower shields from the library, i have a ton myself.

anyways, i dont feel that any one mage has a 100% win rate in pvp.
this game and the pvp arena are really even and i hope it stay as such.

wolf

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
And what does a tower shield do???? but cost me 175 gold. They do one no pip hit to tower shield and it is gone.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
thats your fault for not waiting for the right time the right time is when ever they have all their plus cards on like feint and balance blade then you cast it to make it so if they use that 0 pip spell on you, they have to get rid of the traps and blades they have on

Survivor
Nov 16, 2008
Just in my experience, I made a balance wizard just because of what happened to me in the arena against a sorceress. I was a life grandmaster, and she kicked my butt. I had tower shields, but she was cross trained in another school. every time i put a tower shield up, she stole it. i probably used a good 6 or 7 shields. Thats when i decided to make a balance wizard.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
i'm not sure if you realize this but balance has weknesses. it's boost that 0 pips is only 25 percent. and then we have the element and spirit boost which cost one pip. (also the traps) ask your self this we only have one other element so what do we do with ll the other ones? NOTHING and it 35 percent costing one pip! and the traps are only 30 percent. All our spells are also mid-strength. locust swarm 245-305 85 percent 3 pips, does that seem over powered? Plus there are shields that can block balance. so get over your whining!

Survivor
May 10, 2009
the way around balance wiz ic a ice wiz high health im a level 22 and im at 1424 health and the way is high health+tower shield+ ice armor+decant attacks=the defeat of a balance wiz but truly i havent seen jugment yet i hate and TRULY despise storm lord AND MOSTLY 2 ON 2 FIRE LIFE TEAMS they do so much damage and then just get healed by life friend and if you team on the life fire wiz will kill you

Explorer
May 31, 2008
No offense, but this is ridiculous. its like saying Storm is too powerful. You are forgetting the schools weaknesses. Whenever i get a balance wizard, i use any one blade or trap(prefferably feint, and hit them hard and fast. Putting a balance wizard on the defensive can leave them highly vunerable. when they get to the max amount of pips or cast feint or something like that, i can use sacrifice to remove it, or Tower Shield.

Remember, look for the weak points. Hit at the right time and place and you will win. Also sometimes you will have to accept defeat.