Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The mean teacher

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
Defender
Apr 26, 2009
Champion
Feb 14, 2010
I think he is a bit of a cynic and has a gaurded personality. Perhaps he thinks that he has to be hard on the students to help prepare them for the harsh opponents they will face in the spiral.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
He's the Spiral's Professor Snape?

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong –lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong –lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong –lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong –lvl 60 Ice

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
HEALER331 wrote:
why iscyrus drake so mean? is it because he misses maliastaire?

its his personality dont worry after level 18 if you are myth he wont be mean anymore considering you are not easy to discourage and that is importent in any myth wizard

so dont someday you might be a powerful conjerer

also you said why iscyrus so mean when ya meant to say why is cyrus so mean

well cya and good luck

Explorer
Jul 15, 2010
HEALER331 wrote:
I don't know but when you get to Dragonspyre and you are any school he gets a little nicer.

Explorer
Sep 20, 2009
Delver
Feb 18, 2010
Moribund wrote:
He's the Spiral's Professor Snape?

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong –lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong –lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong –lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong –lvl 60 Ice

xD yeah just about.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
If you're a myth wizard he's only mean to you until you learn cyclops minion. It's his way of weeding out the weak

Explorer
Jun 16, 2011
it's because he hates maliastaire a.k.a his brother trying to be the ruler ( and never will be i <3 you ambrose ) and he's kinda prickly

Survivor
Nov 30, 2010
well if you read the knoledge of myth in cyclops lane and the myth class room it tells how conjuerers are serious or the "cant take a joke" type

Survivor
Jul 08, 2011
Survivor
Jul 08, 2011
Explorer
Mar 22, 2009
What if your favorite (and only) brother turned evil and planned to destroy the world? I for one would be very prickly and rude, because if I had someone help defeat his brother (like a wizard,) and thought he had no chance winning, i would be really mean. The same thing with Cyrus.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
luke123871 wrote:
why at first cant u go in pet pavilion

Idk ask KI dude we cant answer :-D

Survivor
Jul 09, 2011
Well, first of all, yes he is the spirals professer snape! lol! well, hes preety mean and strict! i mean who wants a teacher like that? I DONT!!! well i bet hes mean cuz malistere is his brother and cuz since he turned evil. whos with me, ehh? well i guess hes so mean cuz hes mean. happy i could help!

Comin on regular,
The almost level 21 death student, Rachel Skullflame, i have red hair!

Survivor
Jun 21, 2011
Cyrus drake id my favorite teacher after i turned level 18 he has been nice but SPOILER after level 18 myth wizard only he gains respect

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
HEALER331 wrote:
Hmm... your brother is evil... your sister in law is dead... a small kid is gonna be sent to do what he couldn't... (Defeat Malistaire) Your gonna KIL his brother... Not such a happy camper!

Survivor
Apr 30, 2011
I think he's just trying to prepare you for what's out there in the Spiral. He probably gets nicer toward the end of your studies.

Survivor
Sep 09, 2010
Defender
Feb 25, 2011
HEALER331 wrote:

He actually gets really nice once you defeat Malistaire, saying how far you've come and how extraordinary you are. Or something like that. ;)

Sophia AshHeart
Level 52 Balance

Survivor
Feb 04, 2011
HEALER331 wrote:

You gotta follow the entire storyline to understand what is going on..

Ambrose had said before I got to Dragonspyre to go see Cyrus, this followed by him saying that Cyrus and Malistare had a very... Odd... relationship.

I think the entire storyline about Cyrus and Malistare is really touching.. :)

I'm wasnt sure if this meant anything but notice the fact that when you first talk to Cyrus on your "Ravenwood Tour" he says, "I wish they'd send us more ADEPT students for once." (You are classed as Adept at level 20).

Anyway, I was curious about that line so i went and made a Myth character. I passed the level 18 quest (Myth pixies, I think) he says at the end of that quest, "Hmm, maybe you are fit for Myth." So after a little more work, i reached level 28, this is when things got even more interesting. You had to find the Seraph's Sister. In order to get the spell you must find her and sing a song to get your new spell. I found her, had to defeat some people. Returned to Cyrus and it said that my Myth character sang the song. All of a sudden it said that Cyrus smiled!! And guess where i was at... Adept.... :)

All in all Cyrus is probably my favourite teacher, trust me, he's not all that mean!!

Explorer
Jul 28, 2011
luke123871 wrote:
why at first cant u go in pet pavilion

Not at all sure how this is relevant to cyrus drake, myth, or even ravenwood in general but....

Whenever you level, your pet energy gets completely restored, just like your health and mana do. When people level pets, it can take time...and a lot of pet energy. Especially to Ancient and Epic status.

Lets say my level 24 Fire is training his assailing dragon to ancient, and I run out of pet energy, and I am no where near level 25. I would just make a new character, move the pet to him, and level up to 2 (restoring that toon's energy to full) Now I can burn through it all again getting my pet experience. When i run out again? Level up to 3 in just a couple of minutes. Rinse and repeat.

You can't access the pet pavillion before level 7, and finishing a certain quest (cant remember what) because it would be too easy for players to manipulate the regulations set in place for leveling up pets. I would essentially never be out of pet energy, and could level up a pet to Epic as fast as it took to make a new character and do the 2 quests that get it to level 2.

Simply, its KingsIsle's little way of putting restrictions on how often you can train your pet.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
he is not so mean after you get to level 35 . after you finish malistair and report back to master ambose he is there and says that he doubted you at times but now your a great wizard some thing like that. so he is not so mean more strict and into his studies if your not willing to deal with him then i segest turning your sound off every time you go to see him or simply make a life wizard or something butn if you want the awesomest school you should choose....... don don don don................................ * pause * i also think he got the mean part of his parents like malistair did :P bad child ends up to be a bad child