Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minions?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 02, 2009
Defender
Aug 19, 2008
Administrator
Each school has at least one minion, here are the levels that the minions are available through a quest for your specific school.

Fire - level 28
Ice - level 28
Death - level 28
Storm - level 18
Life - level 18
Balance - levels 18 and 38
Myth - levels 2, 7, 18 and 38

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Feb 02, 2009
Cynical wrote:
Different schools get their minions at different levels.
What school are you?

My main wizard is level 23 of the death school but my other one is level 10 of the ice school I think I might make another one in the myth school, oh and by the way how many characters can you make?

Administrator
You can have 6 different characters at a time on each account.
Keep in mind there are 7 schools of magic so choose carefully :D

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Feb 02, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

Ok I just made a third character and he is myth so he can get alot of minions. Oh and I like how the troll minion can have a couple different forms.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2009
gargon789 wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

Ok I just made a third character and he is myth so he can get alot of minions. Oh and I like how the troll minion can have a couple different forms.
thats awsome but how do you get minions from others schools?

Explorer
Sep 28, 2008
Excuse me ProfessorGreyrose can i ask you a very important question ?|what are the minions for balance , storm, and ice?

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
keybladeweilder wrote:
Excuse me ProfessorGreyrose can i ask you a very important question ?|what are the minions for balance , storm, and ice?

The Balance minions are: Helpful Mander (level eighteen), and any one of three random Elementals (Ice, Fire, or Storm - level thirty eight).

Storm and Ice get their respective Elementals for minions, as does Fire. It's worth noting, however, that the Elementals called up by these schools behave differently than the ones called up by Balance, even though they look the same.

Defender
Dec 09, 2008
keybladeweilder wrote:
Balance: Helpful Mander, Elemetal minions. Storm: Water Elemental. Ice: Ice Guardian.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

why dont you make seven???? plz????

Survivor
Mar 10, 2009
Now I can understand the diffrent attitudes of the minions but i feel as though you should be able to control their behavior. Like set it to aggressive,passive, and defensive. that's my two cents on the matter of the minons.

-Seth ThunderShield
(Level 20 Myth/Thunder)
-Helephant realm

P.S. I also feel that for right now the Thunders' school minion is useless all he tries to do is tank and to some people they are looking for a damage dealer from the damage class. lol

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
i think fire minions need new spells
it drives me nuts

i think at least they could use sunbird or link or meteor
or you can make it so fire can summon a phoenix that knows sunbird and link
and a helephant that knows meteor shower for four pips and the phoenix for three and the elemental for two.
plz respond soon really plz respond soon if so itll make me

Survivor
May 09, 2009
I am a Fire Wizard, level 37. I have 1 minion. Will I ever get another?
Thanks,
Sarai Dreamgiver
Pyromancer

Survivor
Aug 16, 2008
Hi iam myths and for has now minion are allmost useless.
At first few lvl it helps. But later on , only the cyclops help a bit cause of is cyclop spell he has. But since last update , he rarely cast spell that helps me like he use to. And the last minion .... should be the third minion. he only attacks whit one pip spell or 2 pip spell. Some -50% shield that he allways , most of time cast on himself and talks to the ennemies and that rarely works.

Since few weeks my cyclops kills more mob then my last minion.
All of them are rank 1 and All of them keep using my traps whit a one pip spell.

So carefull if you use mimion o and no matter how much pip i use , last 2 minions have 700 HP. I play each day , 2 hours a day, sometimes more or less, and never saw one of my minion cast a 4 or 5 pip spell never. Only 0 to 3 pip spell.

Spell rank of minion should be allmost has is caster or just a bit lower.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
Himunchy wrote:
I am a Fire Wizard, level 37. I have 1 minion. Will I ever get another?
Thanks,
Sarai Dreamgiver
Pyromancer

No you will not.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
Kriv159 wrote:
Now I can understand the diffrent attitudes of the minions but i feel as though you should be able to control their behavior. Like set it to aggressive,passive, and defensive. that's my two cents on the matter of the minons.

-Seth ThunderShield
(Level 20 Myth/Thunder)
-Helephant realm

P.S. I also feel that for right now the Thunders' school minion is useless all he tries to do is tank and to some people they are looking for a damage dealer from the damage class. lol

Thats a really cool idea.That would be a great addition.

Defender
May 09, 2009
your learn it from your schools teacher at a certian lvl each schools level varies

(by they way the message should be in the commons not in the dorms)

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
I don't get the purpose of minions to be completely honest. For instance, with storm it takes three pips to summon it. Then it takes two rounds to do elemental shields and then taunts, correct? After it taunts, it takes all of the hits while it's in play. But, that's six rounds (presuming no power pips where used to summon) where you are open to attack from two or more enemies. Now in the same six rounds you could very possibly kill both targets with two storm blades, storm traps and storm sharks.

When I still had a myth wizard, they first minion was helpful as I found it attacking as I was healing every other round.

I have had some good experiences with my death minion though. Level five minions will use vampire and kraken occasionally, but, I've also had them use doom and gloom every three rounds. The one time I got my level seven minion out, it cast one wraith, some death blades and just a bunch of poisons.